“Chelan's best.”

Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Chelan
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Campell's Resort should be considered first when planning a trip to Lake Chelan. Every room overlooks the lake and all have patios. The rooms are always clean and comfortable but not always quiet. Lots of friendly and energetic staff around to help when needed. There are 2 pools, 2 hot tubs and a sandy beach on a lagoon. The property is in downtown Chelan so there are lots of restaurants and bars in close proximity (easy on foot). The food and drink at Campbell's is good, though, not very adventurous. The prices for rooms can be quite high in summer, but no different than any other lake front property.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 May 2012

Staying at Campbells is one of my most favorite things to do. We have stayed there as a family , several times, the pools and lake are very fun. We enjoy being able to go to the lobby and get games to play too. I enjoy coffee every morning with the paper that is delivered to each room. And I cant forget the shuffle board and kyaks. Many activites. The location is great easy access to town , groceries, ect . The food there is fantastic too. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2012

My husband and I stayed one night at Campbell's "Resort" (misnomer for sure) last weekend on our way thru town on our motorcycle. We have been to Lake Chelan many times over the years, and I had always heard great things about Campbell's and was excited at the chance to stay there...... BIG mistake !!

The front entrance and lobby are misleading. It LOOKS like a nice, upscale resort. I don't know if they gave us some last room on the back 40 or what , but I have NEVER had such an ugly "hotel" room in my life !!!! It actually OFFEDED me how ugly it was ......We were in lodge 5, which I can only assume has not been renovated since 1969 ..... because the decor is all blue and brown !! Really ? a blue toilet and tub in 2012 ?? this is the "resort" that everyone raves about ?? We paid $250 per night for what looked like a low income apartment in any big city..... We had a corner room ( a SUITE they called it....??) which overlooked some beat up building with beat up cars parked outside......

I literally DREADED going back to our room at night. The kitchen had 2 teabags, and the bathroom had 2 towels, although the room technically slept 6 ppl .... ? I didn't even feel comfortable calling the lobby to send more, ..... it didn't have that "hotel feel" where one could call the front desk and ask for things... It just felt like a crappy motel at best.

So , needless to say, I am flabbergasted as to what ppl like about this "resort" and we will certainly never stay there again.

Room Tip: the restaurant upstairs had decent food, quick service.... almost too quick tho, as if they wanted y...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank libbikins
ClintonDCampbell, Owner at Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2012

We are sorry that these guests were unhappy with their stay with us. We take these reviews very seriously and would like to make things right with them.

Our Lodge 5 is indeed our oldest lodge. The rooms are equipped with complete kitchens, have two separate bedrooms and are best suited for families on an extended stay. It is true that they have blue toilets and bathtubs. It’s obvious we should have done a better job conveying the description of these units to our guests during their reservation process. I apologize for this.

Had we known these guests were dissatisfied with their accommodations, we would have done everything we could do to fix things on the spot. If they would contact Clint Campbell at Campbell’s Resort, I’m sure we can still create a positive outcome. We hope to hear from them.

Clint Campbell
Co-Owner
Campbell’s Resort on Lake Chelan

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Just stayed at Campbells for two days so husband could go fishing. Really nice room for the price. Nice bed and linens, small refrig, microwave and coffee fixing. Plenty of closet space and a nice balcony overlooking the lake. We were in building 4 - no elevator. Ask for a second floor room as you will need to tote your luggage up/down stairs if you stay on floors 1 or 3. Didn't know that until we got there - we were put on first floor but they were great about moving us to second.

Starbucks and a grocery right across the street. Right at the start of the small Chelan downtown area.

Great spa - spent the morning there - ask for Jayme.

Room Tip: Ask if your building has an elevator - some do, some don't. Bldgs 4 & 5 don't so get in...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2012

My April 2012 stay at Campbell's Resort was my second visit in about 13 months. I was pleased with my overall experience and nothing short of amazed with one particular customer service encounter.

Several months ago, I sent an email to the resort's general email address requesting the resort improve its WiFi significantly in time for my upcoming visit. The day after checking in, I had a voicemail from the its I/T manager. The message said 1) he was aware I was not satisfied with the WiFi last year, 2) the resort had upgraded its WiFi in the interim, and 3) he wanted to make sure it was meeting my needs. To reiterate, this follow-up was in response to feedback from my first visit. I doubt the Ritz-Carlton would have such stellar follow-up!

My room was clean and attractive and the wifi was very good--I averaged 1.3 Mb/sec. There is a SBUX and grocery store across the street and it's close to all the Downtown shops.

The owner/operator welcomed our association to his resort during the opening session, which was a nice touch. I had a chance to connect with the owner later and told him about the WiFi. He mentioned my email determined their target date for improving the WiFi and I believe it.

I would have given a five-point rating except for the property's age and the front desk's refusal to provide a bath robe when requested, which would have made using the outdoor pool in the evening more comfortable.

Overall, a great stay with a clean and attractive room, strong WiFi, comfortable meeting rooms, and a relaxing environment. I'm looking forward to next year.

Room Tip: The WiFi upgrades have not yet rolled out to all buildings. If that is important to you, let the CS...
2  Thank Dining_Caper
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I am always glad to attend a conference at Campbell's Resort and get to stay there. The environment is very comfortable, the area is beautiful, and the staff is very helpful. Every room looks out over the lake. I am already looking forward to going back again.

Room Tip: Great view from the top floor of each building.
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I've stayed at Campbell's on three different occasions and they have been consistently good. The beds are extremely comfortable and the rooms are nice and big. No matter what the weather is doing, the view is always lovely. The staff are very friendly and proactive in resolving problems, should any arise.

The fitness center is excellent. Nice and big compared to most hotels with multiple machines and weight-lifting options as well.

Only drawback is that when I have attended conferences at the hotel, the chairs in the conference room are very uncomfortable, especially if you have any kind of back issues.

Room Tip: I've had rooms on multiple floors and they are all good. I typically ask for a room in the main...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelan
Deep Water Inn
#5 of 8 in Chelan
No photo provided
Lake Chelan Shores
#10 of 12 in Chelan

Been to Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan? Share your experiences!