“A Longer Stay is Better” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan

Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Chelan
Clinton, Washington
“A Longer Stay is Better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

Nice room with an especially nice deck w/table and chairs for early morning coffee watching the first sunlight hitting the hills to the south. Surprisingly quiet for so many occupants. Each room has a view of Lake Chelan. Sunning around the pool was very enjoyable. Restaurant on site has an outstanding fare selection. Delighted with the service in the cafe; prompt and pleasant. Complementary breakfast was very much appreciated. Should have stayed a couple of more days.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
N Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

Spent one night here while attending a conference, the room was almost breathtaking, after staying in a budget motel the night before, I almost cried when I walked in!! Worth the extra $. Staff very friendly, I couldn't use the corkscrew in the room and the gal hunted until she found the right one, Thanks! Some day I will come stay when I have no conference!!

Bremerton, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

One night stay for a parents last minute getaway, a great clean queen room a stones throw away from the lake. I have no complaints about anything, check in staff were great, view was incredible, nice patio with chairs and a table. The beds were very comfortable, we both sleep very soundly. We had the date night package which included a $50 voucher for the pub/grill on site, a very good value. We plan on returning with our kids later this summer, hopefully for more than a day so we can take in the lake and the surrounding area.

Room Tip: We stayed lodge three which is right on the beach, great location for those with children...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ClintonDCampbell, Owner at Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan, responded to this review, 5 May 2013
We’re glad to see our guests take advantage of our packages. Thanks for the positive review!

Clint Campbell
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

I have attended a conference at Campbell's Resort once a year for several years, and find it a lovely place to stay every time. Beautiful views, comfy rooms, nice hot tubs open late, friendly staff, yummy food and great places to walk along the river and through the town. I hope I get to come back again!

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view. There aren't elevators, so stay on the ground floor if you don'...
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

From the moment I checked in, I found the front desk staff unhelpful and more interested in talking amongst themselves than in helping guests. They did point me to the room where luggage carts are stored, though. The room was average, even for a 'king', but of course the view of the lake is spectacular. But the front desk had NO informaiton, such as a map of the lake and where things are, a map of how to get to other parts of the region, or a listing of things to do in Chelan. I felt entirely left to my own devices, so I am sure I missed things that make this place so popular. Other than the lake, that is.
I did use the spa for a pedicure,but the nail polish rubbes off one hour after the appointment was over. And it cost $50!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jane48_47
We apologize to this guest. This is certainly not how we want our guests to feel. We’ve made an attempt to contact them, gather more information, invite them back and hope they will return. We do appreciate their patronage and feedback.

Clint Campbell
Olympia, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

This was my third stay at Campbell's. And first I'd like to mention that my first two visits were very pleasant. This time I came over mid-week for a conference at the hotel. The conference facilities were great, even the food - which is not usually the case with conference food. The staff present at the conference events were also extremely helpful and friendly. They did a tremendous job.

Since the room's rate during the conference was the same post-conference, I decided to have the bf drive over Friday and we would stay through Monday. That's when my stay went south. Beginning Friday night there were a number of boys' baseball teams staying there, made up of 9-12 yo, I would guess. We stayed in room 4125, which is a ground floor unit in the last building. (The room itself, btw, was nice and well appointed. No complaints there.) BUT the room is located approximately 30-40 feet from a hot tub. Which, again, by itself is not bad. But when the hot tub is constantly populated by tween boys who don't realize that just because you're outside you don't have to yell, it makes having a room in close proximity to a hot tub no longer an amenity. After giving the group a night to get their rambunctious-ness out of their systems, so as not to be labeled a 'childless crank,' I was hoping that Saturday night would be better. It wasn't. Tweens were louder and the parents and coaches were drunker. After asking the young men directly to lower their voices and pointing out their proximity to my bedroom and receiving blank stares, I called the front desk and made them aware of the situation (as well as learning they would be checking out Sunday). I was told that they did have a security person on duty that night, so i figured that they would send that person down to politely and tactfully address the situation. Nope. Instead they continued to scream and yell and stay in the hot tub until close to 11pm - an hour after quiet hours began and two hours after kids are prohibited from the hot tubs - or so stated the materials I received at check in.

At that point it would have been a MAJOR inconvenience to switch rooms, had it been even possible, since I'd been three days already and was leaving Monday morning. And it had already been made clear that the hotel had no intention of rectifying the situation. So I gave up on a relaxing/romantic weekend, stuck my ear plugs in and downloaded a new book to my kindle - uh, yay for free wifi? :/

But hey, Sunday, after checkout time, the stay was pleasant again. There were several families with children enjoying the swimming pool and hot tubs in a typical, non-silent but reasonable manner.

I realize that this is just one experience, and in fairness I have had two other very nice experiences at Campbell's in past years. However, based on this I'm not sure if I'd stay again...at least I'd do my homework first as to other large parties of certain ages staying as well. I'd also avoid the bottom floor and rooms directly adjacent to the pool and hot tub areas.

My suggestions for Campbell's management: be proactive about controlling large parties so as not to allow undue nuisance to other guests; and consider adding better insulated sliding doors and windows to ground floor units directly adjacent to hot tub/pool areas.

The staff individually we're all very polite but their seeming unwillingness to address an unruly group was disheartening and frustrating. I suspect this was a very large booking group and that the hotel wasn't too concerned about the affect it had on the stay of one or two other 'smaller' bookings. This experience will definitely weigh in on my decision of where to stay on my next visit to Chelan.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms next to pools/hot tubs can be extremely noisy due to close proximity.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank samrals
ClintonDCampbell, Owner at Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
We wish to apologize to this guest.
We didn't do enough to enforce our quiet hours and we are sorry they were disappointed with their stay.
Our belief is that this unfortunate occurrence is not typical of the guest experience at Campbell's.
We are attempting to make contact with this guest and invite them back.
We hope they return and we thank them for their feedback and patronage.
Gig Harbor, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

Campbell's is at the top of our list in Lake Chelan. It's right downtown and on the lake. You can walk to shops or Safeway. The rooms are very nice, some face the water with a balcony and fireplace. The indoor restaurant is cozy and comfortable and has excellent food and service. The bar & outdoor restaurant are on the second level and overlook the downtown area. The food is good as well as the service. We go every year and are never disappointed. In summer, go early or late to avoid waiting.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lake and beach will be noisier and more expensive but have a great view.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelan
Deep Water Inn
Lake View Hotel
Lake View Hotel
#4 of 9 in Chelan
The Lake House at Chelan

Been to Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan? Share your experiences!