“Good Location”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chelan
GrandView On The Lake
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Chelan
Vancouver. B.C.
“Good Location”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stopped here for a night and stayed in a Queen Room with no view. Our room was outdated and in need of some TLC, but we paid a relatively fair price for what we received. The shag carpet has got to go. Besides that the room was clean and equipped with a fridge. There was a popular pool and hot tub over looking the lake and the front desk staff was kind and helpful. We did appreciate the suggestion to look at the room before paying for it. We were able to walk to the farmers market and out for dinner.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank backpack_to_suitcase

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The hotel isn't anything special. They do have a nice view of the lake from the deck and pool area, but otherwise the hotel has zero amenities worth staying for. We had a leak in our room from the unit above, and water dripped down on the carpet and inside a fire alarm, which then went bonkers. If you are only after a great view, this is the place, otherwise you'll be better served at Campbells.

Room Tip: Get a room on the west side so you can see the sunset reflect on the lake.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank spicedawg85
Mill Creek, Washington
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The room I stayed in in the 500 building was great and the up lake view is truly amazing. The staff was friendly and professional and the proximity to town is very handy. We will be back again next summer!

• Stayed July 2013
florida
Reviewed 23 August 2013

we had a wonderful stay, clean, quiet rooms, lakefront porch, clear cold lake to swim in right outside the door, charming town, kayaks easy to rent, unbeatable views, we prepared simple meals in the room, market was close for supplies, and almost totally smoke free everywhere

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Mill Creek, Washington
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I just spent a week at the Grandview with my family for our annual summer vacation. I stayed in a 2 bedroom unit in the 500 building. (I have stayed in this building several times and never been disappointed). The view was amazing! The condo was clean and very well appointed. Everything I needed right there! The location is great, you can walk to town. There are BBQ's located on the deck below so we did stay in a few nights - didnt want to miss the amazing sunset.

Kids loved the pool and the hot tub, and there is a nice little cafe/bar that makes life so easy.

I will absolutely be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a 1 or 2 bedroom in the 500 building. 2 bedrooms have lots of space!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I would categorize this room as "okay" if it weren't for the price I paid to stay there. Before I get into what gives this such a bad rating, I should say that the location was perfect and the memories we made while there were priceless. The room we rented (402) was considered one of their nicest rooms - top floor, 2BR, lake-facing. When we walked in, the floor was sticky and the carpet felt dirty. I doubt it had been truly cleaned ever. One of the air conditioners was broken, and within 5 minutes of walking in, two smoke alarms started going off. Come to find out, the batteries had not been replaced for 2 years. Once we got past that drama, we realized that the wireless did not work. We were told it was due to a storm the night before and would be "back up in 48 hours" (what?). From there it went downhill.

For the price I paid, I frequently rent a nicer condo in Hawaii for significantly less. I felt robbed.

I will just list the items we observed:

The jets in the Jacuzzi tub had black mold in them
There were no screens on the doors going outside... leading to
There were hundreds of bugs stuck in cobwebs in the light fixtures.
Bits of moldy food were stuck in the air conditioners
Half of the dishes in the cabinets were dirty and had to be rewashed
All but one of the grills on the grounds were out of propane.
The grills had mold in them and looked like they had not been cleaned all summer
The pool chlorine was so strong we all broke out with a mild skin rash and eyes burned
Day 1: Parked underground. It rained and some acid from the concrete dripped onto my car. I still have not been able to get it off my paint.
Day 2: Tried to park upstairs. They ran out of parking both up and down parking. We ended up being told to park illegally and were told "nothing would happen".
The front desk recommended a pizza place and said there were discounts. The discounts didn't exist and we later found out (with internet connection) it was the worst-rated pizza place in town.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank J D
GVMgmnt, General Manager at GrandView On The Lake, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Thank you for your review of GrandView on the Lake. We take all guest feedback very seriously and have investigated the issues of which you spoke. Each unit, prior to the summer season, went through a maintenance inspection/repair and a deep clean, which includes professional carpet cleaning. All units received fresh batteries for the smoke alarms and remote controls in March 2012. Upon an executive management team tour, it was found that the caulking of the jetted Jacuzzi was scheduled, but had not been completed. This is being corrected immediately. I sincerely apologize for the condition on the Jacuzzi, it was not up to GrandView standards. Unit 402 did receive a professional carpet cleaning for the carpet in the Living and Bedroom areas, the rug under the dining table was clearly not cleaned and has been replaced. Upon inspection, each air conditioner in the unit was working appropriately. Propane tanks and BBQs are checked and cleaned daily. The pools chlorine levels are monitored 24 hours a day using a liquid chlorine feeder and is also manually tested and recorded daily. Our pool chemicals are consistently within the Washington State regulation boundaries. The spots on your vehicle are from the sediment in the parking garage concrete that occasionally will drip when it rains. White apple vinegar will take the sediment off without damaging the finish on your vehicle; I apologize for any inconvenience and assure you measures are being taken to repair the sediment issue with the parking garage. After reviewing the last 10 reservations, I have not found any notes indicating dissatisfaction with unit 402. I would welcome an opportunity to speak directly to you regarding your stay, please contact me at 509.682.2582 ext 6811. Thank you again for your time and feedback.

Travellers are raving about these Chelan hotels

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Room wasn't terrible, plain and simple - a bit dated, but fairly clean. However, don't expect good lighting to read more like mood lighting. or ability to connect to WiFi. The bed is horrible! Way too soft and sags in the middle... Great for cuddling I suppose. Blinds suck, can't open and close them. Room 307 needs some help. Oh, and have to call for the daily clean towel service.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank On the road with hubby
Thank you for your review of GrandView on the Lake. We take very seriously comments made as we strive to provide an excellent experience for all of our guests. Unit 307 is scheduled for a maintenance and standards compliance inspection to address the reported condition of the bed and blinds, for next week, when this very popular economical Non-view unit type is available. Just this week, service technicians were on property to upgrade both the internet service and the WIFI equipment to provide better WIFI connectivity. Thank you again for your time in providing feedback. I would welcome an opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay. You can reach me at 509.682.2582 ext 6811. Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelan
Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan
Lake View Hotel
Lake View Hotel
#3 of 8 in Chelan
Mountain View Lodge & Resort

Been to GrandView On The Lake? Share your experiences!