“Extreme clean”
Review of Midtowner Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chelan
Midtowner Motel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Chelan
Seattle, Washington
“Extreme clean”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Stayed here overnight while attending a meeting nearby. Yes, the motel is an older property, but the price reflects that appropriately. The room itself was not just "clean" but was extremely clean! We had one double bed in a very very spacious room, with a tiny round table to use for a desk, two attached to the wally type of night stands on either side of the bed, and a vanity that is separate from the toilet and bath room. Even though the bed was only a double, the mattress was firm enough that we did not sag towards each other which made it seem as if it was larger than it was. The AC was not over loud the way they can be in many of the "better quality" places and worked well. The vanity counter was large enough to accommodate all our toiletries and came with a separate wash cloth to remove makeup so as not to stain the regular wash cloths and hand towels. The towels btw, were thick and soft - just about the nicest towels I have had in recent stays in Hilton Garden Inns, Courtyard by Marriot, and Holiday Inn Express. Due to the age of the motel I expected to find aged and stained grout lines, but NO! The flooring in the bathroom looked brand new, there were absolutely no stains, or signs of aging anywhere in the bathroom and in the entire room for that matter. There was no hair dryer, nor any toiletries provided other than two packets of combination shampoo and conditioner (think ketchup packets), but it is a motel and does not pretend to be anything more. The pool and hot tub area looked to be extremely well maintained (I did not have time to use either one though). All in all, it is a great value for your money, and provides a decent place to get a nights sleep.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank WiredSeattle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Hebrew first
Sheridan, Wyoming
Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

Our room was clean, basic and comfy. Which is all I really ask for. The air conditioning worked great, as did fridge and microwave. No breakfast, small shower (okay...almost European tiny), and nowhere near down town, but for an inexpensive motel in a resort town, I wasn't expecting as much as we got.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cynde G
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Our stay was so nice. The room was very clean on our 2 night stay. I love the pool and hot tub. It was so relaxing. The free wi-fi was a bonus too. The managers were customer friendly. The air- conditioning was great. I love having a mini refrig. for our pizza and microwave too.

Room Tip: I would advise lower level rooms to avoid the stairs.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank annettephipps
Seattle
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We were looking for a motel in Chelan, not as a destination, but a place to stay during our family tour in Central Washington. This worked just fine. We rented two rooms for our family. Everyone agreed on the undisputed cleanliness of the rooms.
The rooms were no frills, but have lots of space. The free wi-fi was nice!
I got the feeling the staff run a tight ship here and keep a militant eye on guests. I can see where this can be both annoying and good. I will say they were super friendly on the phone when I booked the rooms.
We liked it, it served it's purpose. No big deal. Nice, safe, & clean... and more affordable than most area motels in the area. This is a good example of what outside entry motels should be.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Doubleshot_Espresso
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 16 August 2012

No Coffee maker, no Iron, and the air conditioning couldn't even cool down a tiny room! They put a "post it" on my door telling me "no partying or I'll be asked to leave" on the first night,and I don't even drink!! Also charged me for extra people in my room because they saw one of my daughters come out of my room in the morning, My girls and their friend slept in the back of my truck in the parking lot for ONE night and had to use the bathroom in the morning. Another review said that the older lady at the office was a little nosey! Very true...she called the room asking how many people I had in my room 5 minutes after my daughter walked out. I'll NEVER stay here again!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I rented two rooms for 4 people at the last minute for a trip to Lake Chelan. As stated in other reviews, the one thing I can say about this property is that the rooms are very clean. The statement that it is "just a few blocks" from town is a bit deceptive, It is a bit of a walk to town, but doable, and if you are trying to get to a beach area, it is really a long walk. I had a vehicle, so it wasn't a big deal for me. Overall, the property served it's purpose. Not overly impressed, but not disappointed either. If you are looking for something fancy, or close to the beach, this isn't the place. But if you are satisfied with a reasonable, clean room at a decent price, it is a good option.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank KCLUZEL
Reviewed 7 August 2012

This property is very clean with a friendly staff. We were in town for a wedding so we didn't need alot of extras. The bathroom was very small, it was a shower stall only and don't plan on shaving your legs while in there (for those that remember, phone booth size). If I have the need to go back, I'd stay here again. The biggest draw back for us was I were traveling with my adult daughter and my significant other; there was no around the corner area for changing, and as I stated the bathroom was toilet with shower stall without any extra room; so turn around and close your eyes seem a little ridicuous, but it was what worked.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelan
Deep Water Inn
#3 of 8 in Chelan
Riverwalk Inn
Riverwalk Inn
#1 of 8 in Chelan

Been to Midtowner Motel? Share your experiences!