“View and Food, Wow!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sorrento's

Sorrento's
Reserve with OpenTable
Sorrento's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 44 Restaurants in Chelan
Price range: US$12 - US$36
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: View, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Sorrento's Ristorante at Tsillan Cellar's owner, Dr. Bob Jankelson, admits that the food of Italy captured him before he developed his interest in wine. Dozens of teaching trips to Italy instilled an appreciation of Italian cuisine paired with food friendly wine shared with friends and family. The same meticulous attention to detail evident in Tsillan Cellars stunning Italian architecture and grounds, transfers to a kitchen that brings world class dining to the shores of Lake Chelan. While Sorrento Ristorante is the perfect setting for a romantic evening of dining with that special person it is also the perfect venue to entertain business colleagues, friends, or have a warm family friendly dining experience. In winter, the inviting Italian fireplace and panoramic views of Lake Chelan and snow clad mountains blend with award winning food and wine to leave indelible memories. Outstanding ambiance, food, wine and service- four reasons Sorrento's Ristorante at Tsillan Cellars was named OpenTable Top 100 Scenic Restaurants in America in 2014.
Bellevue, Washington
“View and Food, Wow!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

It is hard to decide what is best at Sorrento's. The view is amazing, the atmosphere, elegant but comfortable and the food delicious. We recently suggested this to a friend to celebrate his birthday and he thanked us over and over. This winery sits atop a hill and has been designed to take full advantage of the majestic vista. They offer some of my favorite wines in the valley and the chef continues to be creative. Sometimes they miss a beat on a dish, but if you talk to your waiter, they will make it right. Sit back, sip your wine, and let the lake sooth our soul.

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“OK Food, But Excellent Service and Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The building, grounds and view are gorgeous. The service was excellent. The food was passable but nothing to write home about.

I was undecided and was considering their gnocchi, but I was not in the mood for a plain marinara sauce. The waiter was excellent and asked if I might like a Carbonara sauce that they used to serve, but was no longer on the menu rather than the marinara. He offered to see if the chef would make this for me. Carbonara is a rich sauce, but in this case it was so rich/salty, I could only eat about a quarter of the meal. My wife fared better with their catch of the day. We started with a Cesar salad with anchovies ($2 extra fro the anchovies) and finished with Tiramisu, both of which were excellent.

Kent, Washington, United States
“Excellent Brunch Location!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We went to Brunch at Sorrento's on Sunday, June 1st and absolutely fell in love with the winery. The brunch menu was really great and they allowed for one or two tweaks for the picky eater at our table.

Plus, I shared that it was my birthday weekend and was given a truly decadent chocolate mousse dessert to finish off our meal.

The location is incredibly beautiful and would be ideal for an intimate destination wedding.

Visited May 2014
Renton, Washington
“All that glitters is not gold”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This "Italian" restaurant is set in breathtaking scenery in the winery.

The building and ambiance are enough to attract any one to try this and to be prepared to be transported to Italy.

First, there is an extremely limited wine menu, a surprise for any Italian Restaurant, let alone one set in a Vineyard.

The Starters were excellent.

The staff were very friendly and attentive.

However both my main course which was listed as Italian meatloaf and my wifes were underwhelming.

My dish was just pasta with overcooked and even burned beef strips and some tomato sauce over it.
My wife's was not much better.

I then ordered an expresso coffee and was informed that they don't do expresso.

Have to say that I cant see how anyone can call themselves an Italian restaurant without having an extensive wine list with at least some full bodied wine selection and no expresso.

Overall dazzled to deceive. Think a lot of people are taken in by the ambiance as it clearly was lacking the substance.

1 Thank Marcus M
Auburn, Washington
“Wonderful addition to Tsillan winery”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stopped for a wine tasting which we enjoyed. The weather was perfect so we wandered to the patio for happy hour for a bite to eat and a glass of each of our favorite wines. The service was exceptional, the food was outstanding and the views from the open air dining room were comparable. We had a lovely relaxing visit and will return.