“Good food, somewhat formulaic”

Marcela's Cocina Mexicana
Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in Chelan
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: New restaurant in downtown Lake Chelan. great service excellent food. We had the steak and chicken fajitas - very fresh and well prepared. Sat at the brand bartender was super friendly and nice. Known for best margaritas in town. Interesting flavors such as hibiscus or tamarind. Top shelf margarita was the right mix of tart and sweet.
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Its a popular place and is busy and boisterous, making for a nice atmosphere. The menu is pretty typical of most Tex-Mex restaurants (i.e. the requisite rice and beans with each entree), and they execute the dishes well - but its not a traditional Mexican food experience.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Ate in the bar and ordered a tostada that was super salty and the chicken was dry. Bartender was friendly and made decent drinks. Also for a Mexican restaurant the chips were horrible. They tasted like the worst store bought ones you could find. Maybe some of their other dishes were better but I definitely would not go back.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I really enjoy this restaurant. We have traveled many times to Mexico, and Marcelas is authentic cocina cuisine. They really know how to prepare a chile relleno. The red and green sauces are delicious. Pleasant atmosphere and delightful waitresses. Marcelas, me gusta mucho!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

It was too nice to sit inside so we ordered our food to go. It was wonderful My husband ordered a combo plate and said the tamales were the best he'd ever eaten in a restaurant. I had the taco salad which was huge and very fresh. The service was great and the food came quickly. The place to go in Chelan for mexican.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We were hoping for a great Mexican restaurant, and probably put too much expectation on it. If I hadn't ordered the margarita, I'd give it 4 stars. Yet, since I did, this review is based on overall dinner experience. The employees were great, and carne asada was very delicious! I was excited to try their fresh lime margaritas! To my surprise, it was so bitter and I didn't taste a bit of sweet. It tasted like they added the preservatives mix. I'll be back if the margaritas making improves.