“Clean, comfortable room”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Chelan
South Venice, Florida
“Clean, comfortable room”
Reviewed 5 July 2012 via mobile

Though the room was somewhat dated, the staff was friendly and helpful. There are not a lot of options in Chelan but this place provides a clean, comfortable room.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We stayed here for about three days. I was a bit concerned when we pulled in. However the front office staff was very nice and helpfull, the rooms were a bit outdated but they were pretty clean and it was a great value. The thong I liked most is it was quiet, I think because the walls are brick, noise was not an issue. Had everything we needed for our stay. We will gladly return next year.

• Stayed August 2011
4 Thank Angnjason
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Happened to travel to Chelan when the town was booked for a conference. Took a chance on the Apple Inn Motel based on local recommendations. When I called, the front desk worked with me to reserve an upstairs room in a quiet part of the motel, then quickly and easily changed that to a downstairs room to accomodate a knee injury I picked up earlier the day I arrived. The room was reasonably priced, very clean, good bed, decent amenities for the bucks. Took a short hot tub, then walked down the street to the recommended restaurant (Apple Cottage Cafe -- all apples, all the time, in Chelan ... ) which served good food at good prices. Discovered days later that I'd left a pillow behind at the motel. I called, they had the pillow in their left-behind log, we talked options, and their front-desk person went out of her way to take the pillow to a local Mailboxes and get it sent back to me. In Chelan on business or just driving through? Hard to go wrong with the folks at the Apple Inn Motel.

Room Tip: Just ask for what you want. They'll deliver.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank WillieLee
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 2 January 2011

Great value hotel, would recommend the new part of the hotel over the older part as the rooms are a bit nicer. Great base camp for exploring Chelan especially during the Fire and Ice Festival. Have stayed there every time we visit.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MissMandaMay
Redmond, Washington, USA
Reviewed 5 August 2010

We stayd there for a night with my wife and kid. The lady who checked us in was very friendly and helpfull. We stayed in the renovated section at the back on the top floor.

The rooms and bathroom was clean and we found everything at the right place. The rooms had Microwaves, Freezer and coffeemakers. We made good used of them as we were carrying food for our kid. Contrary to the other posters didn't find the AC loud at all and had a nice long sleep.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Abhinaba
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I spent two nights at this property, and I felt it was a good value.

My room's furnishings and decor were dated and a little tired looking, but it was IMMACULATELY clean.

The staff were very easy to work with, and seemed knowledgeable about restaurants in Chelan.

Many of my fellow guests were families with small kids, and the hotel is right on a major highway, but my room was well enough insulated that I had no trouble sleeping. The Apple Inn clearly states that all guests are expected not to play their radios loudly / run up and down stairs / make a lot of noise between 10 PM and 7 AM, and the guests did a good job of respecting this.

If you are looking for a cozy inn to spend a romantic weekend, or a fancy hotel on the lake, stay elsewhere. However, if you want a comfortable, inexpensive room, the Apple Inn is a good choice.

The only drawback of staying here is that during peak periods the hotel does have a two night minimum stay. I can understand why hotel management does this, but it was a little irritating.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank JoeMSP
Redmond WA
Reviewed 27 July 2010

We travelled to Chelan, last year summer time and it was a quite a surprise, as we did not expect the quality, in comparision to the booking cost.

We are heading again, this month July 2010 and hoping to get the same treatment.

Thanks
Anshuman

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Chaghu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelan
Deep Water Inn
Lake View Hotel
Lake View Hotel
#4 of 8 in Chelan
Mountain View Lodge & Resort

Been to Apple Inn Motel? Share your experiences!