“We try harder.”
Review of Deep Water Inn

Deep Water Inn
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Chelan
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

The new owners of Deepwater Inn in Chelan are doing their very best to be efficient and accommodating innkeepers. They are an extremely nice couple that strive to fill every request you have within their capacity to do so. The property is not in the most desirable location in Chelan in that it is not on or near the lake or river, but located on the very busy main highway through town. The traffic goes on into the night and starts up early in the morning. We had room number one; a very cute room close to the street. If I stay again, I will ask for a room on the other side of the building. There is air conditioning and it works well. Outlets are at the max so lots of plug ins should be avoided. No hair drier. Toiletries are provided. Linens and beds are quite good. I like these people. They even have a little fish and chips place out front that will accommodate guests 24 hours a day with a call. You cannot fault people that try this hard. We have a condo at Lake Chelan and would only stay somewhere else if it was booked. That is why we were here on a very busy weekend. Good value for a resort town.

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 18 June 2014

People nice, room clean, beds comfy, pillows terrible. Over-riding feeling was that it was WAY over-priced. Very very small room, no phone, no clock, coffee maker didn't work properly. All of which is not that big a deal if you are not paying $175 per night. I understand that they charge these rates because they can - it is the season and rooms are scarce - but they should not. It really is unfortunate. I would not stay there again - even in the off season when, presumably, the rates go down simply because I felt it was a huge mis-match of value for money.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie R
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My wife and I stayed ate the Deep Water Inn for 2 nights while on a wine tasting vacation to the Chelan area. The rooms were very recently redone with new Temperpedic mattresses and furniture and the price was reasonable. Our room was very clean and well kept.

The property is an old historic building within walking distance of the main downtown area, but far enough away that parking is not a problem which is good since parking for the Inn is on the street.

We had Room #1 which is directly on the walkway to the Inn's office and faces the patio for their little walk up eatery, Gunther's. Because of this, everyone who came into the Inn or ate at Gunther's (patio seating or take away only) walked right by the room's windows, so we had to keep the blinds closed all the time. If we return the Chelan I would probably stay there again, but would ask for a different room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Friendly staff, small restaurant serving fish n chips; chicken n waffles; open late for motel guest. Rooms are small but clean with good working appliances and strong A/C. Beds extremely comfy and they have a small private parking lot around the back of the building. All in all, dont expect a posh large building. This place is small, quaint, romantic, friendly and on the main strip into bustling downtown Chelan. For the price, its worth the money!

If I were a baller on a budget, I'd come back here.

Room Tip: No fitness room or pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank icupkin
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I was very surprised at how nice it was. I am always skeptical when viewing rooms on the web site. You can tell they owners have been working hard to bring it up to date. I loved that there were picnic tables and front porches. It is close to downtown. The price was a great value.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We were very pleasantly surprised. I met the young couple who are managing (possibly own) this inn and they are working hard to make improvements inside and out. Today they were putting together picnic tables and tomorrow they plan to whitewash the picket fencing around the property. The inn has seven rooms of varying sizes as the building is approx 100 years old. We booked a double twin but were upgraded to a double queen. The room was well equipped - wall mounted 32” TV, microwave, refrigerator with freezer. They had a nice deep tub - perfect for soaking. Small eating table with two chairs. Our room had plenty of space to walk around and we were very comfortable. The beds felt new and were nice and supportive; the sheets were among the softest I’ve encountered in a long time. One neat thing I noticed was the hand made padded headboards with button tufts. They really dress up the beds and are a nice touch. Sink space is limited but the top of the toilet tank is flat and you can place a lot there. The room is equipped with a K-cup coffee service and creamer choices were provided. The WIFI and AC both worked well which is important to us. I was very pleased with our stay and was impressed by the owners and their efforts to improve the hotel.

Room Tip: Check out the web site - all rooms are well described. Some have only one bed, some have two twins...
Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The web site made it look spacious and updated. It was not clear that there was only one bed in the room. When I showed up with my two friends, we were a bit shocked at how small it was. They say they allow dogs on their web site, but when you show up, they indicate dogs are only allowed in certain rooms, and there is an extra daily fee. The bathroom was so small it was difficult to navigate inside and the door would not shut all the way. The bed was extremely hard and the room was hot, so I got almost no sleep. Overall disappointed to say the least.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Alex P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelan
Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan
Mountain View Lodge & Resort
Riverwalk Inn
Riverwalk Inn
#1 of 8 in Chelan

Been to Deep Water Inn? Share your experiences!