“Great Location!”

Ranked #1 of 8 Chelan B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Location!”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We spent two nights in the Geranium Room. The hotel location is perfect, right in the heart of downtown so you can walk to restaurants and bars. Very quiet as it is located across from the park and beside the river walk. Although the rooms are small, the price is very reasonable for Lake Chelan. Dillon was friendly, very helpful and accommodated all our needs. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Best to stay in the cabins/bungalows as you can control your own A/C.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Denise D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Hermosa Beach
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This small inn is in a great location in downtown Chelan, and right across a pretty park and the lake. The staff was very friendly, and we enjoyed our breakfast in the downstairs cafe. The room was small, but you can't be the price!

Room Tip: second floor is probably best -- the floors are a bit creaky!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AmberHop
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 11 August 2013

They don't have enough staff to run both an inn and a café. When I checked out, I needed a taxi to Lady of the Lake. I had to pull people out of the cafe and kitchen to help me. When I finally got someone, he hurriedly gave me a number from the phone book, disappeared and left me to call on my own phone. No one answered the number they gave. Don't even small hotels in small towns have taxi drivers at their fingertips? Luckily, I am able to walk almost two miles carrying a forty pound duffel on less than half an hour, so I got there.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Brent L
Kate T, Owner at Riverwalk Inn, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience. Our guests deserve the utmost attention from our staff, and we have since increased our daily staff to better serve our hotel guests. As to the taxi issue, there are two taxi services that operate in the town of Chelan. Both regularly run in the summer evenings, but from our experience we have found that neither services operate on mornings without prior reservation. We advertise on our website that we do offer rides to the boat in the morning upon request and prior arrangement, and I apologize that we failed to inform you of this.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We really enjoyed staying in this small family run inn. Breakfast was awesome and the price was very good, we got a suite for the price of 1 small room in an average inn. The owner was very very nice and after I forgot my coat there she even mailed it to me! The location was also very good. I also like the retro design of the rooms, felt like a scene from "mad men".

Room Tip: I think it's better to sleep upstairs as it's more quite (what we did).
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Danabri
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Love this little place and the adjoining breakfast cafe. Just found a few things could be upgraded a bit. Shampoo in a plastic envelope is hard to open when in the shower - a small refillable bottle is easier to operate and greener than a bunch of single use plastic envelopes (great shampoo though!). Hangers would be a great addition (found that really weird that there were no hangers). Haven't ever NOT had body lotion either, so again had to go without - in the middle of an extremely hot August. We don't care for instant coffee, so suggest a small coffee machine (maybe some Decaf as well), 4 pillows would be better (for 2 adults) especially considering the thinness of them, also think a small recycle bin in room would be great, there're are large bins outside, but there was nowhere in room to collect them all (did not want to run outside every time we had a single recyclable item). Also would appreciate cushions on the iron grated patio chairs - nice idea but really hard on the bottom - really hard! Am really used to a fridge in room (even if small), so fruit didn't last as long as should have (in orchard and wine country!) I only drink DeCaf and that was not offered, so again a miss in customer service.
Unsure would return until a few more amenities added - although just a wonderful little place and just an excellent location - a few too many missteps - a real shame, there is care here - but perhaps surface only?

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank madcachers
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2013

There wasn't a lot of availability for hotels in Chelan when I was booking, so I snapped this one quick. We arrived and got checked in quickly, we were put in Lavender. It was small but it had everything we needed. Comfy bed, small bathroom with a shower and an air conditioning unit. They try to be as eco-friendly as possible. The restaurant attached was very good and the staff were all friendly and helpful. This was my first visit to the area and the Riverwalk made it special. I definitely will return to the area. We had lunch at a restaurant called Sojourner and I recommend eating there at least once.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lemonid50
Kate T, Owner at Riverwalk Inn, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your business and hope we can accommodate you again in the future!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Our family of four stayed here for one night - had Jade room 1&2 that has a connecting bathroom. Perfect to put the kids in one room and us in the other. The inn is older, rooms small and a bit dark, bathrooms very small but everything was kept very clean and tidy. I was able to book this last minute and the rate was very reasonable considering its peak summer season. With tax, both the rooms came to $143, a great deal compared to the surrounding hotels that top the $200 mark and more. The location is fantastic, directly across the street from the waterfront park and we walked to dinner- a lot of restaurants to choose from just blocks away. Like I said, the rooms are small and great just for sleeping and spending your time doing outside activities, or passing through town for a night. We took the kids to the waterslide park which was literally 2 miles away if that. We did have breakfast in the downstairs cafe and it was great having gluten free choices considering our kids are GF- a rare treat when traveling. The menu prices are a but steep but food was fresh and staff friendly. Overall a great budget stay for families and you can't beat the price and location. We will be back.

Room Tip: For families with kids, books Jade 1 & 2. Great setup for kids.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank J T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelan
Deep Water Inn
Lake View Hotel
Lake View Hotel
#3 of 8 in Chelan
Mountain View Lodge & Resort

Been to Riverwalk Inn? Share your experiences!