“Great location, clean, no frills”
Review of Riverwalk Inn

Riverwalk Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Chelan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed here two nights for crush weekend using the Living social deal. We've been to Chelan many times and stayed at various condos and hotels - this was a new one for us. Largely enticed by the Living social, and the ability to bring our dog as the number of places that allow pets are limited in Chelan.

The location is great and the rooms were clean. The great cafe is nice to have on-site. The rooms are tiny, bathrooms are the nicest part (I've paid more for worse), the beds and main rooms could use a little updating but it was overall comfy. I don't know that I'd stay here for two nights again, a few more amenities would be nice for the price - but you can't beat the convenience to downtown. At times it was a little noisy during the night, however no more than I would expect from the size, age, and proximity of the rooms.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 August 2013

This hotel is in a great location just a block from Campbell's and Senor Frog's. The hotel itself is midrange and nothing special, but is a safe and clean place to crash. The staff is incredibly friendly and flexible as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lucas M
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed in the Dahlia room which was a single queen bed room. The room was very clean and I appreciated that the toiletries in the bathroom were eco-friendly. Unfortunately the room did not have a fridge or microwave, but for the price of $119, it's hard to complain about the lack of appliances. We were in town for only one night for a wedding and did not arrive until about 11:30pm. I called to let the staff know, and they were accommodating. They left our room unlocked and the keys on the nightstand. Another positive about the Inn, is allow they allow single night stays. The majority of places to stay in the area require at least a 2 night minimum. A huge turn off for us happened when we were getting ready for bed and around midnight. A man who was obviously drunk began banging on the room next to us. The woman next door to us told him to leave and called police. Then he started banging on our door. He finally stumbled over to the Thyme room, and continuously knocked on the door and shouted for someone. Then took his key out and went in the room. When the police arrived we found out he wasnt in the room with anyone. It was just a scary experience and most likely because the Inn is located so closely to the street with lots of bars and it's very open so anyone can just wander in..
Overall, the room was good. I know that in the future I would not be comfortable staying here again, simply for the location in town and being so close to bars and the openness of the area.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank amandamae104
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I really did because the location right at the waterfront was so convenient and once you leave your room it is a fantastic place to stay. But for the $165 that I spent, this was a horrible value.

The room, while spacious, was nothing special. The furnishings looked like they came from a garage sale. The bed was lumpy and of obviously poor quality. Why try to save money on a mattress. You'd think they'd go for a bit of quality there.

The A/C wasn't really adequate and my bed on the far side of the room was stuffy all night long.

My son had a great breakfast in the morning (eggs florentine) but my french toast was dense and heavy. The potatoes were greasy, cold, and overly flavored with rosemary. On the other hand the OJ was spectacular. Fresh squeezed and deliciously sweet.

I really wanted to like this place but it was so inconsistent and overpriced that I just can't recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank benc766
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We spent two nights in the Geranium Room. The hotel location is perfect, right in the heart of downtown so you can walk to restaurants and bars. Very quiet as it is located across from the park and beside the river walk. Although the rooms are small, the price is very reasonable for Lake Chelan. Dillon was friendly, very helpful and accommodated all our needs. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Best to stay in the cabins/bungalows as you can control your own A/C.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Denise D
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This small inn is in a great location in downtown Chelan, and right across a pretty park and the lake. The staff was very friendly, and we enjoyed our breakfast in the downstairs cafe. The room was small, but you can't be the price!

Room Tip: second floor is probably best -- the floors are a bit creaky!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AmberHop
Reviewed 11 August 2013

They don't have enough staff to run both an inn and a café. When I checked out, I needed a taxi to Lady of the Lake. I had to pull people out of the cafe and kitchen to help me. When I finally got someone, he hurriedly gave me a number from the phone book, disappeared and left me to call on my own phone. No one answered the number they gave. Don't even small hotels in small towns have taxi drivers at their fingertips? Luckily, I am able to walk almost two miles carrying a forty pound duffel on less than half an hour, so I got there.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Brent L
Kate T, Owner at Riverwalk Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience. Our guests deserve the utmost attention from our staff, and we have since increased our daily staff to better serve our hotel guests. As to the taxi issue, there are two taxi services that operate in the town of Chelan. Both regularly run in the summer evenings, but from our experience we have found that neither services operate on mornings without prior reservation. We advertise on our website that we do offer rides to the boat in the morning upon request and prior arrangement, and I apologize that we failed to inform you of this.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelan
Deep Water Inn
Lake View Hotel
Lake View Hotel
#6 of 8 in Chelan
Mountain View Lodge & Resort

Been to Riverwalk Inn? Share your experiences!