“Good Typical Mexican Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Rancho Grande

Rancho Grande
Ranked #24 of 44 Restaurants in Chelan
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Marysville, Washington
“Good Typical Mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I guess I will be the first to review this place.

My first memory of this place (the building) was when it was Cocino del Lago in the 1980's. It seems to me the building has had a few places come and go since, but often sat empty.

When we drove by last month and saw it now had a restaurant in it again, we went there that night.

The prices were typical for Mexican fare. We were seated in one of the outer perimeter seats where you can view Lake Chelan. I would guess seats in the middle of the outer perimeter are best.

We were quickly tended to. We got typical chips. It was nice that in addition to the salsa, we also got free Pico De Gallo. It was good. The salsa was too spicy for my mild taste. It was also somewhat watery.

The staff was friendly, but our waiter had a strong accent that made him hard to understand. Staff frequently checked on us and the food came quickly. The main dishes were good and what one would typical expect at a Mexican restaurant.

We got flan and fried ice cream for desert. The fried ice cream was good. It was a nice amount. The outer shell it was served in could have been a little sweeter. The flan was not well liked. Possibly it was stored with other ingredients (salsa?) in a fridge and acquired some of those flavors. Thumbs up for the fried ice cream. Not so much for the flan.

We also got a small complimentary desert with our check that came quickly.

Then it sat. And sat. No one came to pick up our bill.

Finally we took it to the front counter so we could check out.

The take home provided container(s) was a plate with foil. It would have been nice to have something a little more substantial.

I look forward to returning to this place. This is good typical Mexican food at typical reasonable prices. Again I will get the fried ice cream for dessert.

• Visited March 2014