“First Trip with new Granbaby”

Lakeside Lodge and Suites
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Chelan
Miami, Florida
“First Trip with new Granbaby”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

First off the people at the Resort all go out of their way to help and make your stay enjoyable. Resort is exactly as advertised right on the lake and next to a park the location is beautiful. We opted initially for a King Suite with premium view definately worth it but we relearned some hard lessons about travelling with babies. For the second and third night we got a second room the granddaughter is used to sleeping in her own room and didn't want to sleep in the living room. This had nothing to do with the resort they even helped out with a second room giving us a good rate. Really liked the location made use of all the facilities breakfast, pool, free highspeed wifi etc. Would definately stay again Housekeeping was very helpful don't know the woman's name but she would always check when she say us if needed to take out the trash (babies generate a lot of trash for some reason LOL) and bring us extra towels Great Job Best Western

Room Tip: Ask for the Premium View on the fourth floor
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank celtic1916

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 22 August 2011

This hotel was very clean and well kept. Beds are nice with good quality bedding. Staff was friendly and helpful when we requested a roll-away bed. The free breakfast was very much more than we expected. Well worth the price given all that this property has to offer.
Negatives - the indoor pool was cloudy, no pool towels, no one came around to pick up the pool areas which had old towels and trash left by guests. Parking is limited an small spaces. I ended up with a bad door-ding which will cost me $100 to repair. I do however recommend this hotel as a good value when in Chelan.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Auburn, Washington
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We thought the setting, location and amenities were terrific. One notable deficiency was the room housekeeping. When we arrived, and removed a coffee cup from the cupboard, we discovered a big coffee ring on the shelf under the cup. Another cup had a thick, greasy lipstick imprint of somebody's lower lip on the rim. We found other people's food and empty pop cans in other cupboards. There was a bottle cap on the rug and a swath of somebody's sticky candy on the porch floor. One day, we left our room at 9:30 a.m. with the housekeeping sign posted on our door. When we arrived back in late afternoon, we found our pile of dirty towels untouched, our trash in a bag outside our door (where it remained overnight). Otherwise, the grounds and facilities were clean and very attractive. Too bad that a great impression this place should leave was tainted.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank AUBWA
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2011

At 1st our experience wasnt so great as we got the worst room you could get at the hotel which is located above the check in... We felt like we were on a banished island from the rest of the hotel.. LOL! We went to the front desk and ask if we could kindly be moved to a better room the next day if there was any availability and they totally understood and gave us an amazing room the next day with a full view of the lake on the top floor! Made the stay ten times better!! This was our 1st visit to this lake and we will definitely be coming back and potentially staying at the same hotel.. Seems to be one of the best the city has to offer.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get the room above the check in!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Marysville, Washington
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We stayed here at the end of July.

First impression - WOW! It’s a nice looking place to stay.
Second impression - “Where is the office?”

We didn’t see any “OFFICE” signs that popped out. It took us a second to realize that it’s the building next to the road. Hoping for an early check-in, we arrived around 1pm – we were denied. They did take our cell # to call us when it was ready and also allowed us to use the pool while we waited which was nice.

The Best Western Lakeside website states that check-in is at 3pm. I returned to the office at 3:30pm since we still hadn’t received a phone call. The employee at the front desk told me that check-in wasn’t until 4pm so I would have to wait. I assumed I was mistaking but looking at the website now, either the website or the employee are incorrect.

To kill time, we drove into town and found a grocery store and bought some fruit & veggies to take with us the next day to near-by Slidewaters waterpark.

Near 5pm (two hours after the website check-in time), our cell phone rang and our room was finally ready.

We entered the room and were pleased by the size of the King Suite. It was spacious and had a terrific view – although you had to stand up to see it as the massive railing blocked nearly all vision while sitting (not a HUGE deal). We either had quiet neighbors or the walls are thick because we didn’t hear too much from the people around us. The bed was comfortable

If you use the refrigerator for fruits or vegetables – check the temperature first. We lost about $20 of fruit and vegetable trays because everything froze. The only thing that didn’t freeze was the beer (lucky me).

We left the following morning for the waterpark (without our destroyed food) and requested room service. When we returned for our 3 year-old’s nap at 2:30pm, our room still hadn’t been refreshed by housekeeping so we had to go without – certainly not the end of the world but frustrating nonetheless.

Other notes: The complimentary breakfast they provide (3rd floor) is great and the breakfast staff does a great job.

Last impression – All in all, we liked the view (when standing), the location, the pool, the bed, the breakfast, and the looks of the building but I’m not sure I can shell out that much coin to stay there again considering the staff and value. I might be back but I will probably look elsewhere first.

Room Tip: Has an elevator so all floors are accesible.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SaltedTraver
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 27 July 2011

The location is lovely. The room I eventually ended up with was spotless and quiet. The breakfast was good. So why only three stars? Well, the first room they tried dump me in was a small, hot, noisy garrett. Given what I was paying to stay there, they should have been ashamed to send me to such a miserable room. The room was located off the office, just steps from the highway and overlooking the shimmering asphalt in the parking lot. A group of red-faced, beer-bellied men yelled dirty jokes from the condos some 15 feet away. The staff found me another room after I told them I could not stay in the garrett. Apparently, some other poor soul was sentenced to the garrett in my place. If you don't mind standing up for yourself, this is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Seattlesculler
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 22 July 2011

My granddaughter, niece, sister-in-law and I spent two nights here for our annual all-girls getaway. I had made the reservation 6 months in advance and chose this motel because it seemed to offer everything THE big resort in town offered, but at about half the price. We loved the setting--as if it were actually part of the Lakeside City Park. The lawns of the park, along with the landscaping, roses, and windowboxes of the lodge were all beautiful. Our girls loved being able to swim in the lake, then the outdoor pool, and later in the indoor pool A quick free trolley ride up the street, and we were all enjoying waterslides as well!

The room itself was perfect, including a small "kitchenette" area. We all enjoyed balcony time, overlooking the pool and the lake. The beds were comfy (we were exhausted) and we're now spoiled, expecting 3 pillows apiece wherever we stay!

Check-in was speedy and the woman at the desk was very welcoming. However, it was a little confusing find exactly WHERE the office was...I noticed later that there was small tee-pee sign indicating the office, but I missed that when we pulled in.

Our only other very minor complaints would be that the bathroom was very small (like a budget motel), and the continental breakfast was so very crowded that the staff couldn't keep up. It's a beautiful room, but not really big enough for the size of the lodge. (Crowded conditions weren't helped by rude undisciplined children, but that's not the motel's fault!!)

I can't wait to take my husband and the rest of the family here--this is my new first choice in Chelan.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank agoneil
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelan
Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan
#4 of 8 in Chelan
Riverwalk Inn
Riverwalk Inn
#1 of 8 in Chelan

Been to Lakeside Lodge and Suites? Share your experiences!