“Nice room, AMAZING view”

Lakeside Lodge and Suites
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Chelan
Reviewed 22 May 2014

When we travel to one of our favorite places on the planet (Lake Chelan), THIS is the hotel that we stay at. The rooms are the equivalent of a stereotypical Best Western hotel (actually this USED to be a Best Western) meaning that they're nothing special, but it does the job. Realistically, why would you want to spend any time in the room regardless?

The pool is very nice and the landscaping as well as the plethora of flowers & flower pots really make the place. It is really gorgeous.

Also there are plenty of barbecues on the premises if you opt to cook for yourselves in lieu of dining at restaurants. This hotel is made for those looking to spend at least a few days if not a couple of weeks in Lake Chelan. The lake is a hop skip and a jump from this hotel so you can literally go from swimming in the lake to lounging around the pool.

Everything is an easy walking distance but you may want to drive to the downtown area if you are not into long walks.

The best thing of all is the fact that there are some amazing vineyards/wineries in the area so vineyard hopping is a must do!

Breakfast is included and the view from the breakfast room is amazing. The breakfast is nothing to brag about but it does the job and it's free. So no complaints here.

The service is okay but the front desk has never given us trouble either and the cleaning staff has always done the job.

This will still be our go to on our next trip to the area.

Room Tip: Make sure to book a room well in advance when you're looking to stay in Lake Chelan during their...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank David G
There are newer reviews for Lakeside Lodge and Suites

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I've been to Chelan several times but never stayed at Lakeside Lodge. My bad. I waited until Monday of the week we stayed and still got a room at a rate that was far better than was published. Because of the availability I didn't have very high hopes. Boy was I surprised.
We booked the double queen. I did my best impression of Anthony Melchiorri and found the sheets to be spotless, the room dust free and the bathroom squeeky clean.
The room came with a separate sitting room with a small kitchen area. The couch was a little worn but otherwise comfortable. The only odd thing about the room was in housekeeping. There was nothing available to wash the dishes and housekeeping took them in the morning - but didn't replace them. Thankfully we didn't use all of any one item on any given day.
There are two pools, one indoor (we opted not to use it, the room felt like a sweaty sauna) and outdoor. The pool was great, but there were no towels in the towel bin and there were signs everywhere saying not to use towels from the rooms at the pool. Thankfully we brought our own.
The complimentary breakfast was good - though it lacked any meat option (no bacon??!!) The coffee was spectacular.
My favorite feature - every room has a deck with a view of the lake. Gorgeous.

Room Tip: A word of advice, make sure you don't book a room near the elevator or stairwell, otherwise you...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SeattleNMNative
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We booked a king suite, and it had a lovely view of the lake. The sleeper sofa was adequate and comfortable(we were on a road trip and slept on several sleeper sofas, and this was one of the best).
The free hot breakfast is quite good, and the breakfast room is lovely, overlooking the lake. Try and go early since the breakfast room can get QUITE crowded.
They also have a small sandy beach inside the hotel property, and a play area right beside the lake.
The only con is that the hotel is a couple of miles from downtown Chelan. There is a Subway close by, but otherwise services within walking distance are quite limited. You would have to drive to town.
I would highly recommend this place. Ask for a lake facing view(all king suites are lake facing anyway). I would stay here again.

1  Thank SeattleGirl111
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Excellent value, friendly staff! Beautiful view from the suites! A nice bonus is waking up to a hot breakfast with great choices! Nice and close to the park and beach which makes for a very family friendly trip!

1  Thank NNelson16
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed here for Spring break and the hotel had a good $99/nt deal. Rooms are big, bathroom is tiny, could barely stand in it and close the door. Sink is separate within the room. Bed and pillows were comfortable. The couch in our room was disgusting. Big, dark obvious stains on both cushions. I put a towel down before we sat down. Housekeeping can obviously see these stains and get it cleaned but hotel/cleaning staff are choosing to ignore it. During our stay, room weren't cleaned until afternoon and I had to call before it happened. Maids knocked on the door and my daughter opened it, the maids then came right in before getting the verbal ok from me, the adult. I was at the sink washing hands and my daughter told them to wait a minute and they completely ignored her. Maids said nothing to me, one didn't even want to look at me. Not good!! Complimentary breakfast was terrible. It's hit or miss with these free breakfasts and this one was a MISS, which is unfortunate since the breakfast room was very nice. The cook came out and dumped big bags of microwaved scrambled eggs (rubbery egg beater eggs in odd chunks) into the chafing dish. Bagels were so old and stale. The yogurt and cold cereal were only edible choices. Overall, good deal for the special price. Location is about 3/4 mile from downtown. Pools were good size, view from rooms are nice.

Overall, hit and miss. Staff needs some training and report stained furniture. Most likely will come back with price break only, not worth to pay full high season prices.

6  Thank YoungInSeattle
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I spent three nights here with my sons during their spring break this week. The hotel is just a few minutes drive outside of Chelan, and the view from our 4th floor suite balcony overlooking the lake and the mountains in the distance was quite lovely. The suite was great, with a separate bedroom (2 queen size beds) and living room (with a queen sized sofa bed). My boys loved the two flat screen tvs, with the cable, which is a novelty for them since we don't have that at home, and I loved the keurig coffee maker. The bathroom is tiny, just the length of the small bath and wide enough to accommodate the bath and toilet, and the vanity with wash hand basin is only separated from the main sitting area by a short half wall.

Pro's:
Good value, clean, pool and hot tub (inside and out), lake access, nice suites
Con's:
Not in Chelan, small bathroom, flaky WiFi

1  Thank B0adicea
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stayed here twice while planning a move to the Chelan area. The first time was in a King Suite, the other in a standard queen room. Slept like a baby, in both rooms. Breakfast was sufficient. The view is gorgeous...and love that the rooms have mini-fridges and microwaves. The folks at the front desk are friendly and efficient. Will definately stay again!

Room Tip: I believe they all have a lake view...gorgeous!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
lakesidelodgegm, General Manager at Lakeside Lodge and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thankyou for staying with us. We are Greatful for the opportunity to serve you and your family.
Your comments are appreciated and help us to improve our Customer Care on a daily basis.
See you next time.
Regards,
Thomas Gormley,
GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelan
Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan
Mountain View Lodge & Resort
Riverwalk Inn
Riverwalk Inn
#1 of 8 in Chelan

Been to Lakeside Lodge and Suites? Share your experiences!