“Should be called Shezuan Kitty”
Review of Emerald Garden

Emerald Garden
Ranked #13 of 35 Restaurants in Clarkston
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Jawbone Flats, WA
“Should be called Shezuan Kitty”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I got so sick from the bland food at this restaurant that I had to call off sick from work for two days. It's so sad that such friendly people, who give such great service, who've done amazing things with the building itself, could put out food that doesn't even taste as good as Chung King (the stuff in the can). All the food was lousy, but my egg roll tasted like an wet old dirty sock, which took the proverbial cake. Add in the tummy I got from my dinner here (plus the screaming/crying child of the proprietors', who screamed in the background for the entire time I was in there with my friend), I will not be coming back. No more Shezuan Kitty for me.

Lewiston
“Decent Food for a Price”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We ordered for pick-up, therefore, can't comment on the dining experience. However, the food was very good. The price was higher than average for Chinese Food which made it not seem quite worth it. We'll try it again someday, so they'll have one more chance to prove that their food is worth that price.

Visited March 2013
Lewiston, Idaho
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

My husband and I had takeout from there. My first fear with chinese resturants is their use of MSG. Since I am very allergic to it I was very comforted to know that they do not use it at all. That was the first and most important thing for me. Second, The almond chicken was delicious OMG!! I was sneeking it from my husbands plate. Egg Foo young was the best I have had in a long time. Not getting sick from MSG poisioning was priceless and so I will be frequenting this establishment from now on! I will also be recommending it to all my friends and guests! You guys did good and I really appreciate it and love having a quality place so close to us!!!

Lewiston, Idaho
“We thought it was okay”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

The wait staff was pretty helpful and nice, and the place is huge. However, the food quality was just so-so. Nothing really stood out, on all four of our plates.

Lewiston, ID
“New game in town.”
Reviewed 5 February 2013

They just moved to Clarkston from Pullman so the place is new looking. It's big, has a nice decor and the usual stuff like Chinese Zodiac placemats (I'm a horse), a pot of green tea to start and a fortune cookie to end. The service was great but then I was the only patron in the afternoon on a Saturday. I had the lunch special for $7.25 which was pork fried rice and Peking style shredded pork. It was pretty good but it's sort of hard to judge the food only having had one meal. The menu is huge and very authentic looking ie: Curry Sauce with Squid or Szechuan Tofu. OBTW, by the time I left about twenty more people had come in.