“Good Value!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Clarkston
Portland, Oregon
“Good Value!”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This is a somewhat older BW property than we have been staying in recently, but it is well cared for, clean, and comfortable. The desk attendant (Peggy) was very helpful and friendly and made us feel at home immediately upon arrival. The hotel has somewhat unusual floor plan, so finding our room was a little of a challenge but when we did, presto(!) the sliding door lead directly to where our car was parked...maybe 20 feet away. How CONVENIENT!!

But the best parts of the deal were the price and the breakfast. The price was less than any of the other BW properties we've stayed in on this trip, and the breakfast was as good as any and better than most.

We'll stay here again next time we are in the Lewiston/Clarkston area.

Room Tip: Maybe an upstairs room would have been quieter: we had a family with several children overhead and...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
rivertree, Front Office Manager at Best Western Rivertree Inn, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your taking the time to post your review and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This seems like an old fashioned motel from the past. It does not look very good and the service is suspect. At check in, with one clerk and a manager present, the clerk had to do it all. Answer phone calls, deal with a FedEx situation and check in guests while the manager sat in his office (and he did see what was going on) The room was comfortable; the breakfast was sub-par; nice pool. Lewiston, just across the river has much more to offer.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

rivertree, General Manager at Best Western Rivertree Inn, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Concerning your comment about your unsatisfactory check in experience. I personally apologize that I was unaware relief was needed for my co-manager, as well as the front desk clerk, that was working the front desk at the time. I apologize, if that was myself that you saw, that I was not more attentive. There are many facets to our customer care that go beyond check in and check out at the front desk. My front desk staff always knows that if they need assistance and I am not focused on the front desk situation already, that all that they have to do is ask. I will do my best to not let this happen again in the future to you or any other guest's front desk experience.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed here with my family while moving my sister into her dorm, I was only here because all other hotels where booked. I left my camera by mistake in the room while I left for the day and when I got back to it was gone and the maids left the room like they where in a hurry, cleaning rags left on nightstand and armoire doors left open, and the bed not made. I've been calling the hotel all day and have yet to get a hold of them. Do not stay here!

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank alarayne
rivertree, Manager at Best Western Rivertree Inn, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear alarayne,

We appreciate the privilege of hosting you and your family while helping your sister move into her dorm. Thank you for also taking the time to provide us your valuable feedback here on the TripAdvisor site.
We certainly regret that you experienced problems with our housekeeping during your stay. We train our housekeeping staff to not touch any guest items while cleaning a guest room. While cleaning your room, our staff found personal items on your bed. Therefore, they did not make your bed that day. They also left the doors on your armoire open because you left your TV on. In an effort to leave your room as they found it, this is also standard procedure. A cleaning towel was inadvertently left on the night stand when the housekeeper stepped temporarily out of the room to retrieve new towels. This was removed during the final inspection process.
Finally, I am sorry to hear about the misplacement of your camera. We have investigated the problem with our housekeepers, and they have stated that they did not find it while cleaning your room. We have also looked through the lost and found at the desk to ensure it was not picked up somewhere else throughout the property, but we have been unable to locate it. With the two day time lapse between when you checked out and when you initially contacted our hotel regarding your lost camera, is there a possibility the camera was misplaced elsewhere?
Once again, thanks for staying with us at the Best Western RiverTree Inn.

Kindly,
SB-Manager
California
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed one night there on the way through. Booked this on line but was unhappy about the facility. In an older area of town. Very cramped rooms with outside very small walkways that you can't walk with 2 suitcases. You have to push one and pull the other. Rooms were very small. Ground floor room with sliding glass door that the locing device wouldn't work. Reported to front desk they gave me a pair of pliers to repair it with..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank hdbally
rivertree, Front Office Manager at Best Western Rivertree Inn, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
I checked our log book and did not find that you expressed your dissatisfaction during your stay or when you checked out. If you would have let us know you were not happy, we would have found you another place to stay in the valley that may have been more suitable for you. All we want is for you to enjoy our area. Hopefully the next time it will work out better for you.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My family stayed here the day we got off the Salmon River after a week of rafting. The hotel was clean, but furniture needs to be updated in the rooms and lobby. Furniture holding microwave in room looks mismatched and odd. Lobby couches were worn. Friendly staff and pool and hot tub were great.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for posting your review. I am sorry that you were not totally satisfied with your stay. I do hope you come back again and enjoy another rafting trip. I remember your group at breakfast and it seemed like you had a wonderful time.

Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed in room 134 I believe this past week when visiting for work.
Room was only $69.00 + tax...wow that is cheap.
Building is not secure so if you are afraid of that you do not want to stay here.

If you want to stay somewhere cheap and with friendly staff than this is your place.
They do have a small outdoor pool and they do have free breakfast was well. Very small breakfast area.

Plenty of restaurants in the area for dinner and breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank David A
rivertree, Front Office Manager at Best Western Rivertree Inn, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for posting your review. Even though it doesn't appear secure, we have never had any problems. Hope to see you again soon.

Boyne City, Michigan
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This older establishment is clean, quiet and comfortable with a courteous, accommodating and helpful staff. Only a 15-minute drive to the Lewiston, ID airport and whitewater rafting on the Snake Rive.

Room Tip: Room 287 has a king-size bed with 2 TV's, one in the bedroom and one in the separate sitting are...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nancy G
rivertree, Front Office Manager at Best Western Rivertree Inn, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for posting your review. We really appreciate your letting everyone know how we are conveniently located. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Assistant Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarkston
Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#9 of 13 in Lewiston
Holiday Inn Express Lewiston

Been to Best Western Rivertree Inn? Share your experiences!