“The best Mexican in town.”
Review of El Caporal

El Caporal
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Cle Elum
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 26 June 2014

When in Cle Elum and Mexican food sounds good this is the place to go. Granted, the food is more American style Mexican but non the less it is good. The staff is friendly and the meals come out of the kitchen hot.

1  Thank Gabe E

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have been coming to this restaurant since my childhood. The service has always been good and friendly. I've since moved from Cle Elum but make a point to come eat here whenever I'm over to visit family. It's my go-to place to eat. Consistently good and the owners take pride in their establishment. They get to know their customers and know what it takes to keep people coming back. After seeing subpar restaurants come and go in this town, it's great to see the good ones make it. And there's a reason El Caporal is still in business. I just ate there today and will recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank BriAnne C
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We moved to Cle Elum from San Diego and have been looking for a place that has Mexican food more like in San Diego, but didn't find anywhere close until we found El Caporal! We especially love their salsa and buy itnto go anytime I'm cooking a Mexican dish at home. We usually order to go, but the first time we went for a sit-down meal was for my birthday. We shared an order of nachos and the steak and chicken fajitas. We also tried 2 cocktails each. I think we had a pina colada, strawberry margarita, and 2 others from their cocktail menu. Everything was great!

1  Thank HippieChild
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Went on a Friday night and had very fast service. The prawns salad was to die for. Completely satisfied all around. Adverage priced.

1  Thank Jay H
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We had a good, middle of the road, dinner here. I had beef and my wife had chicken. Tasty. Good margaritas. The service was consistently excellent, not overbearing but they were there whenever we needed something.

1  Thank Hal72