“Decent Budget Motel”

Cle Elum Travelers Inn
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Cle Elum
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed at this Inn because it was the closest place to the Gorge Amphitheater that still had a room available. Pros - Inexpensive ($65 a night), easy to find, easy location off I90, one level so there isn't anyone above you, cable tv w/ free showtime, free wifi Cons - bed was hard, small room, walls are thin.
For our one night stay it was fine, the room was clean and for after a concert it was decent enough to have a place to sleep, and the price was right.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mageeclan

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Dated building, but we don't care about stuff like that. Very affordable place to stop for the night, and a few food options within walking distance. Staff all looked like they wish they had another job, except the guy in the morning--who I think was the owner--setting up the scant continental breakfast in his bathrobe. He then was nowhere to be found when turning in the key. Maybe he was getting dressed...:?

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank gcleff11
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We were in the area doing other stuff and needed a place, so we stayed there 3 nights. The rooms are small and dated. It was cheap, so what should you expect? For the money it was worth every penny. It isn't the type of place you are going to plan a getaway to for sure. If you end up needing a clean cheap place to stay, it's perfect.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Rooms are plain and not so clean, things had collected in the corners and around baseboards. Doorknob so sticky we had to wash it down. It's just old and kind of depressing. We didn't even stay for the breakfast, who knows what lurks in the kitchen!

Room Tip: Keep looking. :)
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I was going to a wedding in Cle Elum and waited until the absolute last minute to book my hotel room. Oops. Travelers Inn was all that was available. Luckily I was able to book a killer deal on Priceline, for ~$35 per night.

I read some of the reviews and had a pretty good idea of what to expect. I'm particular, so I just brought my own blanket, and threw it down over the bedspread in the room, and slept with my own quilt. It was a little noisy, but you are right off the main drag, so that was to be expected. The AC worked, and kept the room super cool. The room itself was super dated, but I didn't see anything that I would call dirty.
The people next to me had a dog, so apparently dogs are allowed?
I was a female traveling alone, and felt safe, but it was summer and the hotel was packed with travelers, who I imagine were in the same predicament I was.

My only real negative experience was when I checked in, they said they only had me down for one night. Luckily I'd brought along my Priceline reservation, or I think I would have been stuck without a place to stay the second night. They also asked me for payment, even though I'd already paid through Priceline (which I also showed them). So if you book online I'd be sure to bring proof! However, they were friendly enough once I showed them the reservation, and didn't make a big deal of it.
I never checked out the continental breakfast, so I can't speak to that.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 July 2013

My husband and I were attending a concert at the winery and picked this as it had a room. The front desk was accommodating, the room sufficient. It was priced affordable and for a quick nights stay it worked perfectly.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Judy N
Reviewed 23 January 2013

After pulling off of the freeway which was a nightmare with extremely thick fog. I found the Travelers Inn to be well lit and the front desk person was warm and inviting. I was informed of the complimentary breakfast and the time frame. The Cle Elum Travelers Inn was a God send! Thanks for being there.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Hampton Inn Ellensburg
Hampton Inn Ellensburg
#2 of 11 in Ellensburg
Best Western Plus Ellensburg Hotel

Been to Cle Elum Travelers Inn? Share your experiences!