Aster Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Cle Elum
See available hotels
Chalet Motel(Cle Elum)
Stewart Lodge(Cle Elum)
  • Pool
Suncadia Resort(Cle Elum)
Econo Lodge(Ellensburg)
  • Pool
All reviewsnice tvonly stayed one nightcoffee makerkitchenettemotelhairdryerroslyn
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We had a great stay at the Aster Inn this June, and even extended our stay for an extra night. The owners are welcoming, incredibly dog-friendly, and the rooms, albeit small, are spic-and-span. The one issue we had were noisy neighbors who kept us up _all night_ because they were hanging out next to our room - we were in the room that abuts an alcove. Avoid this room if you can, since the one next to it sleeps 4-6 people. We were able to move rooms the next night, and the Inn didn't charge us for the difference in price. I give it a low "very good" because of the noise, but if we hadn't had that problem, I would give it an "excellent."

Room Tip: Choose the ones in the back, away from the main road.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cuerna
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Had an overnight stay at the Aster Inn in Cle Elum - wow! I've found my getaway-on-a-budget. The room was small, yes (they were all small back in those days), but updated, painted, scrubbed, and maintained in every way. The Aster Inn is full of those special touches that the sterile-box megachains have stripped out of the travel experience. Hot cider and cocoa? Got it. Full kitchen, full fridge, sensible lighting? Modern TV, and all the DVD movies you can handle (for free) in the lobby? All there, and all for a steal of a price - I almost felt guilty paying so little. I opened my window for some mountain air and a hanging petunia in full bloom greeted me inches away on the other side of the screen - when's the last time that happened at a Megachain? The backyard garden was eclectic and inviting, great places to eat up the street. We need to support small businesses and this one is a secret treasure. Go there, but not when I'm planning my getaway!

Room Tip: The one-bedroom suite is very nice and quiet, even though it's on the road, the road is quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Travel456girl
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I was going to stay in Issiquah on may way over to Eastern Washington but at this time of year it is crowded and traffic is terrible. An hour east and over the pass is Cle Elum, a tiny town off I-90 and also near Roslyn. The price of Issiquah's Motel 6 was $67 for the night while the price here was $50 for the night. I made it over the pass just before they were about to close it off for dynamiting. This is an older motel with charm and lots of fresh hanging flowers. They gave me their last room, because all I needed was one bed for me. The room is small but holds everything you need, including a cold fridge, microwave, coffeemaker (plus two solid mugs), and flat-screen TV. The bed was comfy and I borrowed a few movies. My mistake was not asking about a check-out time. At 8am the next morning, my plans to sleep in were ruined. They were remodeling the rooms on either side of mine. They did not warn me nor did they ask if it would be OK. It was kind of lousy treatment. So I will not stay here again because I would feel as if I had to ask all the right questions to be sure I was treated they way a customer should be treated.

Room Tip: Make sure to get everything in writing
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank AZPeregrina
Reviewed 18 May 2011

I was passing through Cle Elum and found the Aster. It was perfect for an overnight stay. It's run by a hands on family. The price was right. Although the room was small it had everything I needed. The Aster is clean and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 13 September 2010

When arriving at the Aster Inn you may pause a moment -- from the road it looks like an old Motel of days gone by...but then you notice a few extras -- flowers and charm. Upon walking into the office you are greeted by the Manager who was genuinely happy to see that you have arrived. She made great suggestions for meals, giving us the locals opinions on which of the restaurants to try and which to skip, mainly because of price. She asked me to inspect the room and let her know if it would work. We have booked a Double Queen in the front, as our plan was an early out with the kids. The refrigerator was nice to keep our beverages cold. Upon inspection she told me we were welcome to borrow any of the movies that they had. Each room had a large flat panel tv with DVD player. The price was excellent at $70. The room was tight, as it had a kitchenette as well as two queen beds. Wi-fi was available...but only some rooms had access, if this is important please check with the Manager when you book. Cell service was fine in the area. The bathroom was clean and had nice higher end products which was a surprise. All in all a fine overnight spot, the room was small for an extended stay and cooking/eating might be difficult in a 2 queen room with kids. But as long as everyone is flexible and can go with the flow, you should be happy with this hotel choice.
Note: If you have kids, the office is FULL of antiques, which are fun to look at, but if you are trying to check in may be difficult to watch kids and get your business done. Leave them in the car and take them back later to look at the goodies/choose a movie.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family