“Great stop for breakfast!”
Review of Cottage Cafe

Cottage Cafe
Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Cle Elum
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 19 August 2014

If you need to grab a bit on a trip over the pass, stop in Cle Elum at this Cafe' on the main drag. They have great breakfasts, and pleasant staff - don't know about their lunches or dinners, but would bet they were worthwhile as well.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We chose this place because it was mentioned in a book that was in the condo we were staying at as a great diner. At that time it was the #1 restaurant in Cle Elum but when we check on TripAdvisor it was #4. That still seem good enough to us to give it a try. Like I mentioned in the title of this review, the waitress was nice and did a great job but the food was not great. My husband's pork loin was very dry, my chef salad had limited toppings, my son's fried chicken was good but the rolls were really dry, and my daughter-in -law gave her chicken fried steak a 3 out of 5. We love good diner food but this was not it. Maybe they were just having an off night.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We ate dinner at the cottage cafe recently. My husband had a tuna melt which he said was very good. I had meatloaf and mashed potatoes which were just okay, nothing special. We followed up with cherry pie a la mode which was excellent. Great crumbly crust. Excellent waitress and service. Busy but we didn't have to wait. I would have given this place a better rating but we both had indigestion afterwards. Something didn't agree with us but I don't know what. Still, I would give it another try if passing through Cle Elum again.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The Cottage café in Cle Elum is always a busy place, sometimes you have to wait. But the service and the food is always worth the time. Very nice selection on the menu.
Of course you have to remember it is small town and mostly travelers passing through.
The prices a very reasonable for the portion size. Great coffee and my cup was never empty.
If you passing through Cle Elum this is the place to eat.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My son and I frequent this restaurant at least once a month for breakfast or lunch, and until this visit the service and food have been Great. The problem I encountered was that the waitress was wandering around the restaurant and not paying attention to what was coming out of the kitchen when the cook rang the bell for order up. As my son's and my order came up, I noticed another waitress pick up my order and take it to another table where the gentleman gladly started eating, only to figure out it was not what he ordered. My son's order sat in the window until the fries went cold, and when the waitress came back to the window to check on her up orders, she immediately screamed at the cook asking him where the omelet I ordered was. As I watched the other waitress quickly grab another omelet from the window, and take it over to the gentleman she miss- served previously, and took my omelet and threw it in the trash. My waitress asked if anyone had picked up or served my omelet, and the guilty waitress stood in front of me and lied to her, of course out of embarrassment I assumed, but none the less, guilty as charged. I told my waitress that if she went over to the trash can around the corner, she would find my omelet in it. She did, and quickly asked the cook to make another. My beef was the fact that the waitress was not paying attention to her orders, there were 4 waitresses working, and the orders were coming up very fast, my waitress looked so confused that I was getting frustrated watching her. When she screamed at the cook asking where my omelet was, I felt sorry for him. Bottom line is, I will TIP this waitress based on her service to me and my family. I tipped her generously this time, only to show her that I was not blaming her. Although she'll get tipped according to the service she provides from now on.