“A real bargain”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Cle Elum
Auburn, Washington
“A real bargain”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

The price was right and the quality was beyond what I had expected. Very clean, comfortable, standard hotel room...like the Motel 6 ads say "all hotel rooms look alike when you're asleep"! Seriously, we had a great sleep even though a railway runs behind the hotel. No level crossing so no horns and whistles. The free breakfast is a little carb/starch-heavy and protein-light but it's ok if you are in a hurry. Good restaurant right across the street and others within a couple of minutes driving. It's no resort but it met our needs and we came away very, very satisfied. We'll stay there again and would recommend it without reservation.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Kenmore, Washington
Reviewed 6 August 2013

It's an Econo Lodge... don't expect a 5 star Motel, but you can rest assured it is clean and in a nice area. With a Cafe across the road, it is convenient for a quick snack before bed. And if you enjoy the lure of a train going by, you'll get to hear it in the middle of the night..we thought it was kinda fun and cozy to hear! Cle Elum has grown up, and this is an average but nice place to stay. Enjoy your visit!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Hermiston, Oregon
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Well worth the cost. I enjoy talking with the front desk guy I believe he's the owner so I can tell he really cares about your stay. I also like the fact It's right across the street from the Cottage Cafe, which has plenty of truck and R.V. Parking, and good food plus a nice little lounge. The breakfast at this Econo Lodge has good selection, I like the waffles, I stay here whenever I'm passing through Cle Elum. Good value, no complaints

Room Tip: Stayed in the Chacuzi Suite,Lots of hot water and clean Cant beat it after long day and for less tha...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Draper, UT
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Well, I shouldn't have had high expectations, and frankly - I didn't. It was sort of clean, the room was large, and the train tracks are very close. The trains come by at 2 AM and yes, you can hear them. I also had the joy of having a spider crawl across my sheets when I pulled back the comforter - that was all I needed.

Anyway, the staff was very nice and other than the spider and train noise, it wasn't too bad.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Cle Elum hotels

Anacortes, Washington
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I havent stayed at an Econolodge since I was a kid. We usually stay elsewhere when we come to Cle Elum but our usual place shut down for the winter. We were pleasantly surprised to find we could get a Jacuzzi Suite for $89. We were in 213. True representation of the place; Pros: Lobby has been really updated and is beautiful; Manager was super friendly and seems genuine, like he is trying to make the customer happy, spring style mattresses but slept really well, jacuzzi big enough for two right in the room, balcony with nice view of trees and hills, deluxe continental breakfast, flatscreens. CONs: there are some holes in sheetrock in hallways, not in rooms, which appears to be upgrading so no big deal; carpet is not really worn but has lots of seams showing through which gives a run down feel to the place overall; jacuzzi room has no separate shower and no curtain so be prepared to shut the room down for a private shower (BTW it allows you to have a private jacuzzi, YEAH, ITS WORTH IT! Just kind of odd.) There is a RR track just off premises, if your a light sleeper, not so good, personally, i enjoyed it and slept through most of it; older furnishings so if looks are important you might not like it. And finally theres a cafe right across the street but its located at the end of town so its a fair walk to all the little mainstreet shopping. OVERALL, linens (bed and bath) were clean, bed slept well, staff was friendly and courteous and we were fed. If this is the stuff thats important to you, book a room here. If you're looking for a place to lie around all day and pamper yourself with fine surroundings, find a spa.

Room Tip: I loved the jacuzzi room with balcony facing railroad tracks and mountains, it was upstairs so not W...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank posibility409
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Check-in was painless although they required a credit card on file. Not sure why since there is no minibar or restaurant. The room was rather outdated with dingy carpet and sagging beds. The bathtub/shower is not made to accommodate tall people. I'm only 5'7" and had to duck to rinse my hair. They had a few items for breakfast except had run out of coffee filters and coffee by 7:30AM.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
ASHOO O, Owner at Econo Lodge near Suncadia Resort, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
Dear Mr.Breck Warner,
Thanks for taking your precious time to tell us about your stay at our hotel.I certainly agree with your unsatisfactory experiences regarding your stay.

I have taken up the issues with my staff regarding the credit card details,room condition,bathtub-
shower and the breakfast.Since your reservation was booked through Expedia.com(third party booking agent) so we need to ask the guest's credit card details as a deposit.Regarding the room condition,I would like to inform you that the new management has taken over this hotel and we are in the process of renovation.The bathtubs installed in our hotel meet the specifications as per the hotel standards but guests can be accomodated with seperate rooms with standing showers on request.I am really sorry for the breakfast as the girl working at that time was new and under training and could not handle so many people at breakfast and she has already left this job.

We apologize to you for the inconvenience caused and will strive hard to provide best level of service in future and are committed to ensure that you will not face these problems again on your next visit.It will be a previlege for us to provide accomodations for you in the future and show you that your remarks were used constructively.

ASHOO OHRI
OWNER- ECONO LODGE, CLE ELUM
Brigham, Ut
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Stayed at the Econo Lodge for one night the later part of July, 2012. The room was large and very clean. Our room was not ready when we arrived, but the staff immediately got it ready and we checked in with no problem. Cle Elum is not a large place and this hotel was within walking or driving distance of restaurants. Great place for an overnight stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Best Western Plus Ellensburg Hotel
Hampton Inn Ellensburg
Hampton Inn Ellensburg
#2 of 11 in Ellensburg

Been to Econo Lodge near Suncadia Resort? Share your experiences!