“Big ole country breakfast!”
Review of Sunset Cafe

Sunset Cafe
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Cle Elum
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Big ole country breakfast!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

In Cle elum for our son's wedding. Cle elum reminds me of the town in the TV show NORTHERN EXPOSURE. VERY north woodsy. This little place has that feel. Big stone fireplace with a portrait of John Wayne hanging over it..... Antler chandelier.... Wildlife art everywhere. Friendly, cheerful, helpful staff. My husband ordered the chicken fried steak breakfast..... A chicken fried steak at least a 6 inches wide and a foot long (I swear I'm not exaggerating) was presented along with 2 fried eggs, hash browns, sausage gravy. I cannot believe he ate the whole thing! I ordered the "elk hunter" a corned beef hash eggs Benedict with a blueberry pancake on the side. Incredible! I'm not much of a pancake eater but I will tell you that this pancake was light, creamy, and full of giant,sweet, fresh berries. Enjoy!

• Visited June 2014

Kent, Washington
“Ravioli's were not what we were expecting.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were on our way home and stopped for gas. Found the Sunset afe.We had a nice dinner here last week. Ravioli's are their specialty. and well worth the try. Great bread for dipping. the best was the homemade pies. We tried banana cream, it was wonderful.

• Visited June 2014
Covington, Washington
“Excellent lunch”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Just driving through, and stopped to get gas in Cle Elum. Chose the Sunset Cafe for a quick lunch. The Ruben was amazing, and they make the best garlic dip! We even took some with us for later. The service was great, the atmosphere was typical small town,, country-type, but the food was worth the stop. My husband had a hamburger that was high-quality, and potato salad that tasted like grandmas.

• Visited May 2014
Yakima, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top notch food with excellent service!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stopped for a burger and beverage on our bike ride. Ate in the bar. Great choice because Azure is one of the best servers I've experienced in a long time. And she delivered a delicious burger. Try the snakebite. Outstanding!

• Visited May 2014
“Does anyone work here?”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Were quickly seated but forgotten about. For a group of 13 on a Thursday night you would think the waitress would remember about the only guests in the restaurant. Nope. 20 minutes later had to track down the waitress and on the way back she disappeared only to reappear and dissappear again. Food was only so so but the service alone would prevent me from returning.

• Visited April 2014