“good food - good service”
Review of Sunset Cafe

Sunset Cafe
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Cle Elum
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I walked in and asked for a table for 13 and they didn't wince at all. Within a few minutes all 15, yes 15 of us were reading menus. Alivia, our waitress, was really good. She handled the 15 orders with 13 separate checks just fine. My French dip was really good and I am pretty sure everyone else enjoyed what they had to eat too - I heard no complaints. The prices are fair. Yes, I will return here again when passing through or staying at Cle Elum.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

In Cle elum for our son's wedding. Cle elum reminds me of the town in the TV show NORTHERN EXPOSURE. VERY north woodsy. This little place has that feel. Big stone fireplace with a portrait of John Wayne hanging over it..... Antler chandelier.... Wildlife art everywhere. Friendly, cheerful, helpful staff. My husband ordered the chicken fried steak breakfast..... A chicken fried steak at least a 6 inches wide and a foot long (I swear I'm not exaggerating) was presented along with 2 fried eggs, hash browns, sausage gravy. I cannot believe he ate the whole thing! I ordered the "elk hunter" a corned beef hash eggs Benedict with a blueberry pancake on the side. Incredible! I'm not much of a pancake eater but I will tell you that this pancake was light, creamy, and full of giant,sweet, fresh berries. Enjoy!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were on our way home and stopped for gas. Found the Sunset afe.We had a nice dinner here last week. Ravioli's are their specialty. and well worth the try. Great bread for dipping. the best was the homemade pies. We tried banana cream, it was wonderful.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Just driving through, and stopped to get gas in Cle Elum. Chose the Sunset Cafe for a quick lunch. The Ruben was amazing, and they make the best garlic dip! We even took some with us for later. The service was great, the atmosphere was typical small town,, country-type, but the food was worth the stop. My husband had a hamburger that was high-quality, and potato salad that tasted like grandmas.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stopped for a burger and beverage on our bike ride. Ate in the bar. Great choice because Azure is one of the best servers I've experienced in a long time. And she delivered a delicious burger. Try the snakebite. Outstanding!