“A friendly guy named George”
Review of Chalet Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cle Elum
Chalet Motel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Cle Elum
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed a couple of nights and found the room to be clean and although nothing fancy, it was good place to rest and feel safe. George is very friendly and quite a talker. Ask him about his 121 year old Grandfather. I certainly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank George F
There are newer reviews for Chalet Motel

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Mike who runs he place is a great guy and the rooms were quiet, clean and comfortable. Pleased overall with stay. The bed was very comfortable and the other room amenities were as expected. Will stay there again next time I visit the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I always look for owner operated places:if you are looking for a charming town, to nice rooms this motel is the one. The customer service outshines all, anybody should enjoy their stay. I would definitely recommend this motel to people I know.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Paris S
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stay in hotels and motels about 90 nights a year (think about it....that's three months) ....When I book my rooms I try to find smaller, owner operated places. It is always interesting to see what an owner finds important. I am really fortunate to have stayed at the Chalet Motel in Cle Elum, Washington. The rooms are of course clean and warm - the Owner is very friendly and proud. Proud of his motel, proud of his town. So much nicer than staying at one of the cookie cutter corporate units. And there are full sized coffee pots in the room! Sometimes little things mean a lot...I would recommend this Motel to friends.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank David N
Reviewed 28 September 2013

rooms are super clean and really cute!! owner really hepful too! the beds are comfy, and they have free wifi!! i like the overall look of the room, theres alot of hanging baskets too, and the whole place has alot of bright colors!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 20 September 2013

My boyfriend and I were going to just camp out of our jeep but decided at the last minute to find a hotel and have a "real" bed to sleep on. We came across this cute little motel in Cle Elum called the Chalet Motel. We were greeted by such a warm reception from the owner that we knew that this was the place we wanted to stay.

Thank you Mike for your generous hospitality and kindness!

Carol

Room Tip: Rooms on the end are quieter
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CAROL L
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We showed up late around 9pm, asked if there were any rooms. (checked most other hotels in Cle Elum and they were all booked.) The gentleman at the desk said they had 1 left. So I took it. Little did I know that this little old run down motel would be $95 a night. But, in a pinch and the wife not wanting to sleep in the truck, I took it. He seemed really nice. Talked about where we were from. Asked if I was leaving early in the morning, I said not before 7 and he said ok.

He walks me to our room to show it. Get into the room (#6) and it looks.....beat down. If I recall the fridge didnt even work. The mattresses were apart, not falling apart...but apart. You lifted the sheet and you could see a huge rip in the mattresses and springs and you sink into the middle of the matresses. Queen (for me) is small enough for 2 people already, but both sinking into the middle made for a rough sleep. Old CRT TV.

The bathroom was less than desired. Dirt in all the corners. The toilet, when you sit, your shoulders hit the walls. And I'm not big. 190lbs 5'11'' fit. Couldn't imagine anyone bigger sitting on it.

We are woken up lots from the people checking out in the morning (4-6am) and decide at 7am to finally leave. around 715 I go to check out. And the office is locked. I ring the doorbell. Nothing. Ring again. Nothing. After 5 mins, I just left the key in the mailbox and we left. Went to go get some food, realized we forgot something in the room. go back (now 745) and the key is still in the mailbox. get our stuff, go to the office again, still closed. Ring bell, nothing. Leave the key and head on our way.

Room Tip: Look anywhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
#6 of 7 in Cle Elum
Hampton Inn Ellensburg
Hampton Inn Ellensburg
#2 of 11 in Ellensburg

Been to Chalet Motel? Share your experiences!