“Great place to eat at for special occasion” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arkaba Hotel

Arkaba Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fullarton
Adelaide, Australia
“Great place to eat at for special occasion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

Had Christmas lunch there with my wife was very happy with service, quality of food, the amount, ( main course was luke warm but everything else was spot on ) the taste, friendly staff and quiet very pleasant surroundings .the desert was a great platter I expected usual small Xmas pudding but it was a feast terrific chocolate to die for range of treats , highly recommended for special occasions ,book for that special occasion you wont be dissapointed

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

We ate lunch in a family group in December in the bistro. The usual pub food, steaks, fish and chips and schnitzels. All dishes cooked well and presented well. Good sized servings without being gargantuan like some pubs these days, less food and better quality. Seniors meals available which suited some in our group. Pleasant surroundings, pleasant service all for a reasonable price. Seniors meals were $12/14.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Shepperton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2012

This room was booked for us, as a treat, for 2 nights & it certainly was. The room was big & airy, enormous bed which was VERY comfortable. We eventually worked out how to make use of the control panel next to the bed. The bathroom had a lovely spa bath - pity we didn't have enough time to make full use of it. We took a bus into the centre of town from a bus-stop just outside the hotel. Had we needed shops there were plenty at the back & across the road from the hotel.
We were somewhat confused when trying to find our way to the lift when entering the hotel & found the amount of people using the gaming machines (pokies) a little off-putting. On the whole a good experience & a hotel to recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HappyWalker09
Mount Gambier, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2012

The Arkaba is located about fifteen to twenty minutes away from the Adelaide CBD and has excellent parking (mainly located in the adjoining shopping centre which is untimed after about 6pm), so is good if you're wanting to stay close to the city in a comfortable hotel in a location that is within a reasonable distance to the city.

Also convenient is the Arkaba Village Shopping Centre located behind the hotel, with a decently sized Woolworths supermarket, Westpac ATM, post office, newsagency and cafe that does delightful coffee. Across the road is a Foodland supermarket along Commonwealth and Bendigo Bank ATM.

The restaurant located on the ground floor provides a superb meal with excellent service - meals are reasonably priced, as are the drinks, although the restaurant is a little dark. the breakfasts, however, is pricy in comparison - you may be better off visiting one of the supermarkets nearby and getting some fresh fruit and yoghurt or something and eating it in your room.

We have stayed here several times before and the rooms are beautiful. Previously we had stayed in a Executive Deluxe Room, which had two comfortable beds and an excellent bathroom. The touchscreen controller was nifty and a nice addition - it controlled all the lighting, TV and speakers throughout the room - you could even pipe in audio from the TV to the bathroom. This room was located on the "newer" side of the hotel on the sixth floor and had a beautiful view of the city.

This time, we stayed in an Executive Spa room, which was spacious and comfortable along with excellent decor, although one of the lampshades was broken and a light globe that didn't work. The lounge area also could have used some more lighting. The bed was comfortable and more than enough blankets and pillows were provided, along with a decent supply of towels. A beautiful view of the Adelaide Hills was provided and upon first entry of the room, the windows were open, which was a nice touch. This room was also quiet and no traffic noise could be heard during the night allowing for a peaceful night's sleep. However, the fridge is very small and not very powerful - however this tends to be common across more hotels. Also odd was the lack of a "do not disturb" sign or button and doorbell - the rooms on the other side of the corridor had such a function, as did the previous room we had stayed in, but this one did not which struck us as most odd.

That being said. this hotel comes highly recommended and should be high on the list for your next stay in Adelaide.

Room Tip: If parking in the shopping centre, parking on the top deck allows for easier access to the hotel com...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

We stayed here just recently for 2 nights. After driving from Melbourne we were very much looking forward to the spa room we had booked. We were most certainly not let down! The room itself was spacious and very clean. The spa was perfect size for the two of us and definitely helped unwind after the long drive! The bed, i think is the feature of the room! It has a cloud topper which made the bed the most comfortable sleep ever. Theres also a panel at the bed that controls all the lighting, tv etc which was a great extra to the room. The one thing to note is they don't have a mini bar but we weren't needing one!

We also found the staff to be really friendly and the food/service to be fantastic. The hotel was also in a good location for ourselves on the road that was bringing us into the city.

We would definitely stay again and recommend this place to anyone

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda P
Sucre
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

The room was very spacious with a spa. Location excellent- close to city next to Arkaba Shopping Centre. This was very convenient. It was easy to get a taxi too. I just stepped out of the lift straight into excellent restaurant with vegetarian options. There are great bar facilities too. The staff in the restaurant and bar were extremely courteous and pleasant. Highly recommended by me. I thought the price was OK for the good value. As always there should be more vegetarian options but there were enough to eat something different there every day. Staff was extremely pleasant throughout. I have to disagree with the earlier negative reviews which I thought were not accurate. The proximity of the shopping centre was extremely handy. Got my hair cut and bought food at Woolies. It is extremely close for shopping and eating at the good restaurant inside the hotel. Best hotel I have experienced in Adelaide and fairly priced.

Room Tip: I stayed on a high level floor 5. Could see the sea amazingly.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
JRH2010, Owner at Arkaba Hotel, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
Thank you so much for your great review. We believe we have the best hotel in South Australia with quality accommodation and stunning bars and food options and friendly staff.
Regards Jenny Hurley
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

Hi All, I regularly travel to Adelaide on business every 6 weeks from Perth. I always drive past this venue and have been tracking the reviews and thought it important to add my perspective fter my stay there this week. My room was the luxury spa suite and let me say that in my many years of business travel, it was a 5 star fit out. Quality was all around and the central switch control on the bed side was a very smart touch, you can control the tv and lighting to your needs. Piped music in the marble appointed bathroom had me relaxing in the spa for ages. It is worthy to note that the room fridge is not loaded with the usual drink and chocolate offerings, but the vending machines are handy to access on level 2. Housekeeping had my room so clean on each days return, that I almost felt guilty to mess it up! There are numerous in-house locations to eat and drink each night and the food was well presented and priced. The staff are friendly and happy to assist. I only had the continental breakfasts and the coffee is very good (I will declare here that I work in the coffee supplies industry) and the Indian female staff member even remembered my preferred coffee style- I have to say that impressed me, as this venue can get very busy. Parking is all around and free. There was an over charge on my bill when checking out this morning, but this was immediately corrected- no big deal. I have stayed in many styles of accommodation over my years of travel within the food industry and I would have no reservation in stating my personal rating of this hotel as one of the best I stayed in to date. My wife was jealous when I emailed her the photos, that she will be accompanying me on my next stay here on my next visit.

Room Tip: ask for a room that offers the cloud mattress.....very comfy!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
JRH2010, Owner at Arkaba Hotel, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
Thank you so much for your great review. We are very proud of our hotel and the Staff who work with us here. I am thrilled that our staff remembered your coffee preference - coffee has become as important as beer for us!
Hope you bring your wife back for an enjoyable stay.
Regards Jenny Hurley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fullarton
Ibis Adelaide
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,537 reviews
Adina Apartment Hotel Adelaide Treasury
Adelaide Meridien Hotel & Apartments
Majestic Roof Garden Hotel

Been to Arkaba Hotel? Share your experiences!