“Overnight Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fullarton
Adelaide, Australia
“Overnight Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Our standard room was well furnished, very clean and comfortable. Plenty of top class magazines in the room also. All the staff were very friendly. In the evening we attended The Variety Night in the Top of the Ark. It was a fantastic show. Would certainly recommend a stay here if in Adelaide.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
HurleyHotelGroup, Owner at Arkaba Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for your review - we are constantly improving the facilities at the Ark and have now got free WiFi on all areas of the hotel - plus we have cloud toppers on all bed for an exceptional nights sleep. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Just five minutes from the CBD, where all the big fashionable hotels can be found, is an absolute gem of a place, that goes close to trumping them all !!!. It may not have a pool, or a fancy gym to workout in, but its got just about everything else to make your stay enjoyable. 48 hours before our long weekend trip to Adelaide, we received a courtesy call from the Arkaba Hotel, to confirm, that we would be spending the weekend with them.? Nice touch Shaun, I replied, see you Saturday arvo!!...never had that before. That was the start of many little touches, that the Hotel had to offer. On arrival, Mrs C and I received a great welcome from the young lady at the front desk, followed by a quick and seamless check in. What really struck us about this Hotel, it's no ordinary suburban pub with some rooms tacked on as an after thought. It oozes class & charm. A rich tapestry of blues, maroon and dark coloured timbers greet you as you make your way through the reception and bar area. Our room on the sixth floor was of a standard found in some of the best hotels in the country. Immaculately clean, nice furnishings, and a marble bathroom with a huge spa bath, and separate double shower. Another feature of the room, was that it was fully smart wired,!!! From the electronic keys, to the touch screen controller on the bedside table, that took command of everything in the room, from the tv to the air-conditioning and lighting. The public facilities on offer, at The Arkaba are where the pub is a standout, a great Sports Bar, with plenty of widescreen tvs and a nice outdoor area. Tastefully furnished Bistro, serving meals from breakfast to late. A separate gaming room with pokies galore . Live music, and a intimate lounge area with a baby grand piano. All staff we encountered were terrific, professional , polite, always with a smile, really great to see, that's why we really loved our stay at "The Arkaba "and why we believe the Hotel and its management have hit on a winning formula. Great value, Great Rooms, Great staff, Great Facilities. Well done, we look forward to our next visit.!!!

Room Tip: rooms facing the front of Hotel are noisey
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
HurleyHotelGroup, Owner at Arkaba Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you so much for your great review. We are constantly improving the facilities at the Ark. We now have free WiFi for all rooms and common areas and ALL rooms now have cloud mattress toppers for an exceptional nights sleep!! Look forward to seeing you again at the Ark. Maybe next time book an Executive or Loft Spa suite and check out the stunning new bathrooms.
Perth Western Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We visited Adelaide on business and were booked into this hotel by our Adelaide colleagues.

Whilst there is nothing glam about this venue, the service from the reception right through to all the food outlets was fantastic!

We ate at the hotel for breakfasts, attended functions there and shared casual meals - all of which were very nice and again, the service across the board was faultless and friendly.

The hotel is very popular - often fully booked at lunch and very busy with breakfasts.

Our room was pretty dated, and the walls are paper thin.

If you are looking for a very good value, clean hotel - this is it.

Room Tip: Try for a room away from the road and perhaps the spa suites would be nicer than ours which was a &q...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Jenny H, Owner at Arkaba Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thanks for your great review - and so pleased you loved your stay.

I am sorry you found our rooms dated - we have recently renovated all our standard rooms - as they were extremely dated - sorry you don't like the decor.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed at the Arkaba Hotel back in February, as I was in Adelaide for work purposes.

The good points: The hotel was relatively busy when I arrived; this is usually a good thing for me as I travel alone and empty places at night can be rather intimidating. There's a supermarket complex next door which is very convenient, as is the car park, and a cafe that does great coffees.

The bad points: Why is it so dark in here??!! That was my thought upon entering the room. There were 4 uplighters on the wall that barely lit the space directly above, let alone the entire room. It was difficult to do work as I could hardly see what I was reading. The room wasn't the cleanest - the floors felt manky and the cover on the bed wasn't exactly sparkling.

Overall, it wasn't a bad stay at Arkaba, but it's not the most welcoming place to stay when you're travelling alone. I paid a low price for my room, so I feel I got what I paid for, but unfortunately I don't think I'll be returning.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jenny H, Owner at Arkaba Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for your review and I think I know which room type you were staying in - it has just been brought to my attention by our Front Office Manager the lack of lighting in one of our room types. But if you would be so kind to email me the room number you stayed in to - jenny@arkabahotel.com.au - i would really appreciate it.
We are addressing the lack of lighting that i know about.

I do hope your room was not unclean as we pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms - I will follow.
St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I visited the hotel on my birthday in october. I loved the hotel, the room was amazing with a huge bed and a very big jacuzzi, the staff there are very polite, Always in the room was the cleanliness. The food is also very pleased.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Jenny H, Owner at Arkaba Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for you great review. When back next time we are renovating our Loft Penthouse and Executive Spa bathrooms and they will be stunning!! We commence renovations on Monday.
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We booked a room as part of a deal that comes with a $50 dinner voucher and entry to the evening entertainment in the 'top of the ark'. The room was comfortable and so was the bed.
Dinner was very nice, we tried the vegetarian entrees followed up with a crispy margarita pizza.

At one point we noticed a strong cigarette smoke smell emanating from the bathroom vent - perhaps somebody outside was smoking near the intake so we notified reception when we went down shortly after and the man at the desk immediately attended to this. Despite the hotel being covered in 'no smoking' signs, people were still smoking at the fire exit so the whole floor reeked.
It was a bit noisy with people playing loud music at one point but we heard management ask them to turn it down so if you're wanting a quiet night's sleep when there's live entertainment, bring earplugs as it seems some people like to party in their rooms beforehand.
In all, I think the staff did really well and we had a great time ourselves!

Room Tip: bring earplugs if you want to sleep well, the live entertainment can be heard from the rooms and of...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jenny H, Owner at Arkaba Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for your review and so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Can you let us know which room you were in, as we do not very often have a problem with nightclub noise in our accommodation rooms (is a constant battle with muso’s and DJ’s!!) Party’s in rooms are not allowed and we do monitor the passages on weekend nights, but it is helpful for guests to inform reception of any problems.
Smoking outside is a problem and we will follow up your comments.
Look forward to seeing you again.
Brisbane
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here two nights as I was attending business meetings at a near by location. I arrived 9pm to be allocated a first floor room (205) overlooking the adjoining supermarket carpark, complete with dusty bunk beds and a double bed. The room looked nothing like the pictures on the wotif website. There was no air conditioning. The open window let noise and smokers drift in. There was also a buzzing noise in the room every 20 seconds. The adjoining room had children crying for most of the first night : overall leading to very little sleep. The breakfast attendant disputed that I had breakfast in my rate (and I did) and reception advised the noise (a ?pump in the ceiling) was fixed but no recognition or acknowledgment / apology for the disturbance was made. I will need to attend meetings in this location on a regular basis but I will never stay, or recommend others to stay here. Maybe of you had children, or were on holidays where a good night's sleep is not so important. The room was old, bed was saggy and overall not really clean.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Ezzmay_Petunia
Jenny H, Owner at Arkaba Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. We do pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms and apologise if dusting of the bunk was missed.
We refurbished our standard rooms in 2012 and replaced our 2 triple rooms with a new Queen bed and King Bunk to allow for more space in the rooms.
We should have advised you on check in that you were allocated a Bunk room. We had no other standard rooms on the night of your booking – we could have offered you an upgrade at a reasonable rate. I have added a photo of our bunk room to our websites.
I believe the air-conditioning was working and the noise fixed when you made reception aware of it, or was there still a problem on our 2nd night?
I sincerely apologise if the breakfast staff were not aware of your breakfast inclusion – they should have been!!
Please feel free to email our Front Office Manager Nick Hurley on nick@arkabahotel.com.au
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fullarton
Ibis Adelaide
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,540 reviews
Adina Apartment Hotel Adelaide Treasury
Adelaide Meridien Hotel & Apartments
Majestic Roof Garden Hotel

Been to Arkaba Hotel? Share your experiences!