“Great home base”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Colfax
Siesta Motel Colfax
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Colfax
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I really enjoyed my 4 nights at the Siesta. It was clean, comfortable and had a great bed. I will certainly return next time I am back in the area. Host BJ was friendly and very helpful. Not the place to stay if you are looking for a 5 star hilton, but if you want cozy, basic character then this is the place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We've come here, as have others, for the awesome photography. The first couple of visits we stayed at the Best Western which was fine. We were coming back with friends in the spring and the BW was full so, after looking here on TA, we decided to try the Siesta. I've nothing new to add to what's been written but did want to add some photos so people would have some idea of what to expect. This is a very clean and comfortable budget motel and such a great value. Prices were more like back in the 70's or 80's. The Best Western does have a decent breakfast included in their higher price. BUT, check out the Top Notch Café just up the street - another great value and, like here at the Siesta, run by someone who clearly cares about his work. Some have complained about the road noise but I found that the very adequate air/heating unit provided enough white noise that we slept quite soundly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank OregonPhotoTraveler
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at Siesta motel for 5 nights in June 2014. It was the busy season as it's one of the best times for photographers. When I called to make the reservation, all the rooms were booked except the apartment which cost $150/night. We booked this room, which was room #25 on the second floor. We really enjoyed this apartment. It had hardwood floor which was ideal! There was a living room with a kitchenette - stove, frig, microwave, and a pretty big counter with 3 tall stools. The living room had a couch that could pull out to be an extra bed, and a single sofa seat. There was a rather old CRT TV which worked. The bathroom had linoleum floor, a small sink, a toilet and a bathtub with shower. The bedroom had a queen size bed, a dresser and a small makeup table with a mirror. There was a closet also. And an old small TV that worked for less channels than the one in the living room. The place was clean and spacious enough for the 2 of us to be comfortable. The water pressure of the shower was very good, which was important to us, to have a good shower.

The only thing I wish was better was the bed. It shook and made noise whenever we turned over in bed. I told BJ about this, hoping they would do something about it. The white towels in the bathroom looked worse than they actually were. Free internet was included and it worked well, except sometimes at night - it just stopped working, probably too many people are using it, then the next morning everything was fine.

Some reviews mentioned noise and parking difficulty. The motel was close to the road (Rt 195) and there were big vehicles driving by from time to time. But we did not find that bothersome at all. There were less parking spots than rooms, but parking was never a problem because we could park on the street by the hotel.

As many reviews have said, BJ the owner was friendly and accommodating. I needed a power strip and she readily provided me with one.

We enjoyed our stay at the motel. Will stay there again when we go back next time.

Room Tip: The apartment is the only one with hardwood floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rulian F
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I was in Colfax for a photo workshop and our entire group stayed at this motel. It is a basic motel, with all the amenities you'd expect: coffee maker, fridge, WiFi, lots of plugs. What makes it stand out is the friendliness of the proprietors. BJ offered information about everything in Colfax and even carried my suitcase upstairs! I also liked the fact that you remained logged onto the internet and didn't have to do it over and over.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mayasl
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a very clean, very handy, place to stay. Both the motels in Colfax are very good. The Siesta is the more inexpensive for a budget conscious traveler. It also has the most plug ins I have ever seen in any on-the-road motel...I counted at least five, and think there may be as many as 7. A very good place to recharge camera equipment, kindles, etc.!
Even though the building is located close to the road, there was no noise. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was adequately furnished.
This is in the Palouse, afamous photography destination, is close to Steptoe Butte, and is an excellent place to stay for photographers unaffiliated with tour groups.
No breakfast is served, and it lacks some of the amenities of the other motel in town, like a pool or on-site laundry facilities, but the price certainly makes up for the difference!
The parking might sometimes be a problem. The parking space is cramped, but there are spaces beside the building which can be used.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank LollyWAStateUSA
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I love the clean bathroom. Overall the room is clean and neat. And of course I also love the friendly atmosphere provided by BJ and Dennis. It is less than eight minute walk to St. Patrick's church, near dining and fast food places, and just about 25 minutes drive to Washington State University in Pullman, WA. I will certainly go back. Thank you BJ and Dennis. Juscel and Eden.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We always stay here when visiting WSU in Pullman. The price is right and the motel is charming. Beds are comfortable and owners are accommodating! The room was very clean and carpets could be walked on with bare feet. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colfax
Best Western Plus University Inn
Hilltop Inn
#3 of 6 in Pullman
Fairfield Inn & Suites Moscow
Quality Inn Paradise Creek

Been to Siesta Motel Colfax? Share your experiences!