“Great value”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Colville
Chilliwack
“Great value”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I booked this motel largely based on the positive reviews that I had read on this site. We were certainly not disappointed. The rooms were clean and tidy, and Shari and Paul treated us like family. We really thoroughly enjoyed their company, and our stay there. When we are in that area again we will most definitely stay at the Selkirk.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Terry T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Mission, Canada
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Stayed here with friends on a motorcycle trip. Sheri and Paul are the greatest host's and make a pretty good salad to. they even got Kirk ( the owner) to buy a new Bbq for the motel so we could cook up a steak for supper. Rooms were clean and very comfortable and quiet.
Will definitely stay here again

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Rick M
God's chosen county of Lancashire - England
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I stayed here for one night of a 25 night US & Canada road trip spanning July & August. This is a "Mom & Pop" type of motel, which is currently being renovated, although I thought it still offered good value for money. Shari (the manager) is an absolute sweetheart and takes a real pride in making sure you're well looked after (the cake was fab!).

My room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the surroundings were quiet. Check-in was fast & friendly and there's a Safeway a couple of minutes drive away if you want to stock up on a few bits & bobs or cereal, milk, etc for breakfast (my room had a fridge).

Would I stay here again if I was in the area? Definitely!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank Dominico76
Moose Jaw, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Based on other reviews we made a reservation to stay here. I had built this place up to my wife because of the high trip advisor score. It's actually kind of a dump. They tried to renovate, but not very well. We won't be staying here on our way home.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank djernst
Washington State
Reviewed 2 August 2012

My wife and I needed a place to stay when visiting her grandmother in colville. We batted the comfort inn and benny's around for a few months until I called the Selkirk and was very impressed with the owner, a very nice lady named Sherry. We booked the King Suite which I was told was newly rennovated. You would not guess that this was a small town motel we were staying at. The room was very nice with AC and kitchenette. On day 2 of our stay, our 1-year old had a fever and got sick. It is times like this that you find the true fabric of those who you are giving your money to. Within minutes, we had a new comforter and towels. The owner and her cleaning staff immediately met our needs. Not only does the Selkirk get 5 stars for service and room quality, but also for price. The Comfort Inn wanted $169 a night for their King Suite. The Selkirk: $89 for one night or $80 per night for 2 night stay or more. I cannot say enough about the Selkirk. I do recommend the King Suite because of the price point.

Room Tip: King Suite newly rennovated
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank LightningRod74
Kettlle Falls
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I was very happy with most of my experience. I have stayed there several times for extended periods of time. This time was different. Up until the last week (week 11) everything was fine. Then before I could say that I wanted to stay at least 2 more weeks, I was informed by Shari that she had rented my room out. This was at least one week before my rent was up! I am really upset by this!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
East Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This was a quiet and clean place. My only complaint was that there was only 2 flat pillows. Next time I will ask for more pillows before I go to bed! Everything we needed was in the room. We will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Summertime56

Been to Selkirk Motel? Share your experiences!