“Very nice staff, and we got three very basic rooms on short notice.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Selkirk Motel

Selkirk Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Colville
Victoria, Canada
“Very nice staff, and we got three very basic rooms on short notice.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

We arrived late in the afternoon this July, on a boys motorcycle trip, without reservations, and the town was fully booked.

The people at the Selkirk where very friendly and honest. They had three rooms left, not their best and offered us to have a quick look. My room was next to the living quarters (101 I think) and I was told to could be noisy, however, I heard nothing. My brother got a room that the bed was to be replaced the next day. And my dad got the best room of the bunch.

All the rooms and bedding was very clean. We all slept very well. These are not the rooms my wife would be comfortable with, just because of the age of and very basic layout, however, everything in the room was very clean and the staff/owners are excellent. They even set us up with a wash station for our motorcycles!!

The Selkirk is was it is. On another boys trip I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

Review long over due.

My company booked the selkirk and I looked on line and saw a motel from the 50's on the website.
I quickly went into a funk. But the drive from Spokane to there gave me some time to rationalize, ie
I will only be there a week, how bad can it be.
BUT
I was pleasantly surprised. The room had be recently remodeled. Very nice tile work, great lil kitchenette with dining room table. Nice large flat screen TV and a very comfortable bed.
The only draw back was the coffee pot being on a picnic table across the parking lot, but added some charm as the week drew on. I liked it so much I had my company book me the weekend too.
If you really want go all out try out the king suite.
Don't judge this book by its cover.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Terry G
Wenatchee, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

I represent the construction company that is building the new US Border Patrol facility on Buena Vista Road. I make random visits to Colville to perform site audits and while I am here I prefer to stay at the Selkirk Motel. Although there are about 2 or 3 options in Colville I choose the Selkirk because of the wonderful hospitality that is always there from Shari and Paul. I love the 50’s ambiance of your property and it is made even more genuine with Shari and Paul’s friendly way of greeting and taking care of guests. What a match!
Just want you to know you have a great operation here and I look forward to staying again when I’m in Colville.

Room Tip: When the front desk are friendly and engaging that ought to tell you something...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank RICHARD T
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012

We stayed in one of the newer rooms over the holidays and appreciated the reasonable price, clean room and convenient location. There were two beds, one large and one small, with the smaller being more firm and to our liking. Plenty of pillows! Heat, hot water, lights, fridge, microwave and coffee pot all worked great (you might have to ask for coffee and filters, but tea, creamer and sugar are supplied). Free WiFi, plenty of channels on tv, quiet, safe. Owners are pleasant, friendly and helpful if you need anything. We'd stay here again.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank catz_mandu
valleyford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2012

hi my name is daniel childs and i have stayed here at selkirk motel for a while because of work and i want to say this place is one of the best ,,,, the rooms r very claen and nice the people running it r very great nice and caring to what u need so i dont care what anyone says this is a great place and i would love foru to come see it thank u marry x-mas

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank daniel c
Yakima
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

I have come to Colville since 1971. I have seen many changes to this motel. Good and bad. The owners now seem to really care about the coustomer rather than just making money. They are pooring alot of money into this hotel to make it a nice and comfortable place to stay. I have stayed in every room and they just seem to get better. The managers at the motel are very friendly, and will go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. The price and comfortability of this motel I think makes it number one place to stay in Colville.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Shalomyakima
Wenatchee, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

First time staying here, unfortunately the opening weekend of deer hunting but we choose because of very good room rates. We stayed in a renovated room with a small kitchen. The room was clean, but the room door would not lock, so had to have someone fix the door. The lighting was partially burned out, so the kitchen area was darker then need be. First morning, after listening to the hunters leave at dark thirty, we discovered very thin towels, stained bath mat, shower drain very slow and not enough coffee for starters. So after two nights we are leaving and probably will not stay again.

Room Tip: Pick renovated room!!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ken C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colville
Bull Hill Guest Ranch
#1 of 2 in Colville
Benny's Colville Inn
Benny's Colville Inn
#1 of 3 in Colville

Been to Selkirk Motel? Share your experiences!