“Best value and service anywhere” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Selkirk Motel

Selkirk Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Colville
Oregon, Illinois
“Best value and service anywhere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I can't believe some of the reviews I have read about this motel. This motel is older but we could tell they were revamping - while the room was small, it was clean and we were very surprised it had a microwave, little fridge and even a flat screen television. The rate quoted was the cheapest in the area and the room we stayed in, was well worth it. Outside noise was never a problem.

Service here can't be beat - the couple managing this motel are friendly and helpful. We stayed for a week and always had clean towels and fresh coffee provided.

To put it simply, I would stay again and would recommend it to my family.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank RSan0

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Pasco, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

We reserved without seeing the motel. It was so small that my husband and I had to either sit on the bed or move into the bathroom to maneuver around. After showering I looked for a hair dryer and there was none. I told my husband to please call the front desk to see if they had a dryer ........there was no phone. The final blow was after showering and walking across the floor my feet were so filthy I had to wash them again. UGH! There was exposed wiring coming up through the floor and through sharp ceramic tile. The plugins were sticking out of the walls. The window over the bed had no safety devices, and was open to the side street just few feet away. We had reserved for two nights but left after the first night. We will never stay there again. The sign outside stated....Safe, Quit and Clean.......NOT

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sue G
Spokane, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

I am an RN and taking an assignment at the local hospital. I was given a quote by the owner for my assignment length. I originally asked for a remodeled room with a kitchenette and was quoted a price. When I showed up at the motel, I was shown a room that was not remodeled, the carpets were visibly dirty, the room was tattered and old with holes in the walls. The beds were visibly worn and bowed in. I told them what I had asked for and they gave me a remodeled kitchenette room but informed me it would be an additional price. The new price was almost double the original price. I was informed it was a remodeled room (pictured on their site) and they could not give me the quoted price for that room.

The room was right beside the highway and very noisy. It was cold and very small for the 100 dollar a night price. The mirror in the bathroom was comprised of a 8x10 mirror inside of an 8x10 picture frame. The mirror fell out after I had taken a shower because the cardboard in the back had warped from the steam. The kitchenette has a double hot plate, a countertop toaster oven, a small refrigerator, and a modest amount of pots and pans and utensils. There is no closet, only a short, external bar with a rack type shelf.

There is nothing about this place that I would prefer over Benny's down the street, which I ultimately chose for my lengthy stay. The only way I would ever consider this place is if there were absolutely no other option.

BEWARE!!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here. One night if there is no other available lodging.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Sandra F
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I had the refurbished "deluxe" room. In fact, the new tiling work was very nice. Unfortunately, the room is right by the street and trucks noisily passed by all through the night. The bed smelled like it had been fumigated. So in the middle of the night I got out a shirt and covered the pillow to provide a protective barrier. Heating didn't work well. Coffee machine didn't work. Eeeeee-yaaaaa, what an experience! Town residents uniformly recommend staying elsewhere. So I write this review to put things in perspective for the next person. If you're going on business, try to stay in Spokane. Otherwise, choose one of the other places.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank grossini
selkirkmotel, Manager at Selkirk Motel, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Thanks for the feedback. We checked our housekeeping records and found that there had been brand new bedding and linens just placed in the rooms. Also the coffee maker is the deluxe fully automatic one. As a result of your comments, we have put an instruction manual next to the pot. We strive to provide the best rooms at the best prices in town. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Enumclaw, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

This was my second stay here and I wanted to write another review to mention a few things I'd forgotten the first time. Once again, the service and room were fantastic. Both times, I stayed in an updated room and would highly recommend them. They're decorated the way you would decorate your own house, not some mass-produced motel room, and in both rooms the bathrooms were spotless. This time we stayed in a room with a kitchenette and it was perfect for our needs. It was $69 + tax for a queen bed with the kitchenette and it was much cleaner and more comfortable than other motels I've stayed in for more money. Though the Internet connection is still painfully slow, I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Rooms 12 and 14 are updated and I would stay in them again.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

We were tired after hitting rain on our motorcycles heading from Seattle towards Yellowstone. Small older motel...but clean and comfortable. Only downside was that I sat in an old folding chair outside the room and it broke on me! Thought I messed myself up at first right at the beginning of our trip...but a couple of tylenol later I was good. Walking distance to Acorn Restaurant and Lounge which was perhaps some of the best food on the 9 day trip we did. Good value at this motel....$59 for 3 of us with 2 queen beds. Def. recommended

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Frenchmanscove
Eureka, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Great find. Clean rooms and affordable. We opted for an upgraded room and the price was still best in town. Surprised by the flat screen TV. Beds comfortable. Staff helpful. 5 stars for price, cleanliness, and helpful staff. It was also located downtown, which was convenient. My wife and I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for upgraded rooms. A little more, but well worth it.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Craig R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colville
Bull Hill Guest Ranch
#1 of 2 in Colville
Benny's Colville Inn
Benny's Colville Inn
#1 of 3 in Colville

Been to Selkirk Motel? Share your experiences!