“A great peaceful get away”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Concrete
Ovenell's Heritage Inn
Everett, Washington
“A great peaceful get away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

My wife and I stayed in the fisherman's cabin on our 16th Anniversary. A cozy, very clean cabin. The furniture was rustic and the appliances were used but like I said everything was very clean. There was coffee provided and not a lot else. We stayed for two nights and had a wonderful time in Concrete and Rockport. This place was exactly what we were looking for, peace and quiet. I have never been so relaxed in my life as I was watching the birds on the out door swing in the morning. We sat there for almost two hours and hardly said a word. This was something much needed. We saw deer on the property twice ~very cool~ we were mere feet from them. We had a great experience and not only recommend this place but we will return next year, maybe even make it an annual get away.

Room Tip: Our cabin was great but they have several and different sizes.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BBBrewing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
San Juan Island, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Everything from the check-in experience on has been delightful! If you are looking for an out of the way spot to chill out and savor the quiet this is a great choice. On deck of our cabin, sipping our coffee, watching a glorious morning unfold. "Camping" with well thought out amenities. :-)

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank BobsYourUncle_again
West Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

My two-night stay on the property exceeded all my expectations. I had an absolutely amazing time here and so glad I didn't stay at a hotel instead. I stayed in the Cougar Crest cabin and had the whole place all to myself since the other room wasn't occupied that weekend. The cabin had everything I needed - a fully equipped kitchen, things for coffee, all toiletries, etc. I spent a lot of time outside on the patio enjoying the view and relaxing. The setting of the property is absolutely gorgeous - it's a lot of fun to walk down to the river and enjoy the nature and the views .Absolutely loved it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank BigGFoodie1
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stayed at Ovenell's twice recently, at both the start and the end of my tent camping and hiking trip to Washington with my husband. The first night, I had the Woodsman cabin, and the other night, the Fisherman. Both were perfectly clean and thoughtfully stocked, even with toys and stuffed animals for families with children. For me, a tent camper, the cabins were absolute luxury. It was the perfect place to organize my gear, get a hot shower, sleep in a good bed, and enjoy the quiet, peaceful setting. I also enjoyed having the kitchen area, which includes among other items a microwave and a kitchen table.

It was easy to find the main house and the cabins from the directions I received from Ovenell's staff and from the signs along Highway 20. What a lovely setting - the farm is located in a beautiful, lush valley, with the heavily-forested mountains all around.

Ovenell's was perfect for me, and I would definitely stay there again. I loved it. I would request the Woodsman cabin because I found the mattress to be a bit more firm and level than the one in the Fisherman cabin.

If I have anything to recommend to them, it would be only to add some room darkening curtains to the miniblinds on the windows; northern Washington gets a great deal of daylight during the summer, and it was tough to fall asleep in that very long and very late twilight.

Overall, it was great, and I look forward to returning someday.

Room Tip: I prefer a firm mattress, so I would go to the Woodsman cabin again. The mattress suited me. It al...
2 Thank ZipW
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I chose this little place based on other reviews, and the fact that there is little else out here. We stayed 3 nights, and could have happily stayed longer. It was such a pleasant surprise when we pulled in. The owners have thought of everything you could possibly need to make your stay comfortable. My party of 5 stayed in the Foreman cabin - 3 adults and 2 kids aged 11 and 9. There are fire pits, bbq's, outdoor seating and eating areas, a little playground, and nature as far as you can see. This is a working ranch, so you are surrounded by animals and fields (550acres I think). We had daily visits from deer, and the view of Mt Baker is stunning. The cabin was stocked with everything you could ever need to cook with - spices, pots, pans...ect. They also sell their own farm raised beef that is amazing, I would recommend BBQ'ing and having some of their steak. Housekeeping was fantastic, bed was very comfortable, and the place was so clean! The cabins are about an hour and a half from the Cascade Pass trailhead, and only about 40 minutes from Baker Lake. Great location and outstanding service. We will certainly be back!

Room Tip: Foreman cabin - one bedroom plus futon in living room, they added a cot for 5th person. It was a ti...
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I was so impressed with the cleanliness and details of our Wrangler cabin. We reserved the last cabin for a Friday night, which happened to be a pet-friendly one. The innkeeper assured me that I would not be able to tell that a pet had ever stayed in our cabin, and she was absolutely correct! The cabin was spotlessly clean and the accommodation details were great. The kitchenette was nicely equipped despite it's small size. The bed was comfortable, and the shower was great. The comfortable chairs on the veranda were also really nice.
On top of this, the location is great, close to some great hikes, but pretty convenient to Highway 20, and offering scenic views.
The innkeeper was also friendly and helpful. All-in-all Ovenell's exceeded my expectations and I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I recently completed a four-night stay here with my wife, 5-year old and 7-year old daughters. We stayed in the Wrangler cabin. The location is excellent, close to WA-20 which runs east to Newhalem, Diablo and Ross Lake National Recreation Area. To the north is Baker Lake and Mount Baker. Ovenell's is a great base camp if you plan on spending times in both locations.

The cabin was nice, with a firm queen sized bed in the bedroom and a futon in the living area. Flatware and dishware along with a variety of utensils were provided. A small TV, DVD player and VCR were on hand along with microwave, toaster over and range. a children's playground is located across from the cabins along with a covered picnic area. The cabin had everything we needed, but was a little cramped.

We could see mountaintops to the south, however, we had to walk around the property to get a view of Mount Baker.

My favorite part of the property is the small beach on the Skagit River. This looks like it would be a good place to swim, fish or picnic. We just waded and the kids played in the sand.

The property owner, Eleanor, is an older, charming woman who will talk to you all day if you give her the chance. There was some confusion about our rate which she cleared up right away. She is not a big fan of e-mail though. Our reservation was actually physically mailed to us.

Overall, this is a good place to stay for couples and small families looking to just relax or explore the parks. The property is nice enough as is, to just hang out there for a day or two and relax.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Been to Ovenell's Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!