“Just ok”

Blue Mountain Motel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Dayton
“Just ok”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Dropped my husband off here for a nights stay for business. The room was clean and acceptable. New flat screens and the flooring was new. Next to a restaurant but in such a small town. The closest town which is Walla Walla (that's big) was 30 miles. All in all ok.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank millwind13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Absolutely the most unnaceptable room I've ever seen! Horribly rude host, whom wouldn't let us change rooms too the first room we looked at, because we spent more than five min (in the only other two bedroom non-smoking room) trying to see if there was heat. Stained floors and furniture, no locks on window and broken bathroom window. Host was adament on a $60 fee (cheap yes), but this room is worth no more than $30.
I truly wish I could post photos of this place and make sure she no longer gets any business.

• Stayed January 2013
6 Thank NWhunteress
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I went on a self-guided photography expedition to Eastern Washington and booked two nights at this motel. My expectations were not really high and it's a good thing. Don't get me wrong, this is not a "bad" place, but it is old and there is a reason the rate is under $50.

The carpet in my room was terribly stained and the linnens were old to say the least. I had stopped and bought a couple of new $5 WalMart pillows in Richland which was a very good call. It is not that the place is dirty, it isn't, but it is very, very worn.

The water pressure in the shower is very strong which is good but the shower head came up to my chest at best. I had to squat to rinse my hair (by the way, take your own toiletries).

It is true that I am a hotel snob. If I were going to Dayton again, which I will be, I will stay here again. But I will do so with eyes wide open and realistic expectations in check.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with clean carpet.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Randal S
Pullman, Washington
Reviewed 4 August 2011

This is an older motel, but very clean with comfortable beds. There are several other classier places to stay in Dayton, but for an overnight stop, this is the best value and very adequate. Our room had a fridge and microwave and the A/C worked well although it was very hot outside. There was coffee in the office in the morning. There was no hair dryer in the room, but their website says one can be borrowed from the office. We would certainly stay here again and would recommend it .

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
8 Thank Locheriboll
Washington
Reviewed 6 February 2007

Upon arriving at the Blue Mountain Hotel we were skeptical. It looks like your typical small town, older mom and pop place. However, it turned out to be quite adequate. The room was not too small, the bed was quite comfortable and the shower pressure was great. The room had a microwave and a small refrigerator and was clean with no unpleasant odors. It was very reasonably priced particularly if you purchased a ski package for Bluewood which we did. All in all, we were pleased with our stay there.

17 Thank Hopsgrl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dayton
BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton Hotel & Suites
The Weinhard Hotel
The Weinhard Hotel
#2 of 4 in Dayton
Walla Walla Garden Motel
Walla Walla Garden Motel
#6 of 14 in Walla Walla

Been to Blue Mountain Motel? Share your experiences!