“Beautiful relaxing spot to stay”
Review of Deer Harbor Inn

Deer Harbor Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Deer Harbor
Colorado
“Beautiful relaxing spot to stay”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed at the lodge, was a very relaxing comfortable stay, really enjoyed sitting on the upper deck which gives you a view of the bay and the mountains in the distance. The provided breakfast items granola, English muffin, fruit etc was an added bonus. Would return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank milehigheater

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Spent two nights here and can't really fault it. We had a cottage which pretty much had everything you could need in it. It was clean and in very good condition. Enjoyed the hot tub although couldn't figure out how to get the massaging jets to work. We ate at the restaurant one night and the food was very good. Would definitely go back here. It was very peaceful and we loved watching the rabbits scampering around. Didn't realize they would provide some breakfast items so that was a pleasant surprise -- muffins, bananas, granola, oj.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Poulsbo
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We went here with my husband & 2 teenage boys, stayed in the 2 bedroom pond cottage. It was clean & comfortable,We used the hot tub, played games, it was a wonderful family time all your amenaties were there for you. fairly close drive into town about 15 minutes and another 1/2 hr to other end of island.(but be careful of those deer, we had a couple fawns run in in the road).The restaurant there was pretty good but the waiter never came back to check on us after he dropped off the food so I couldn't tell him my steak was over cooked, but my crab leg was perfect, it's just that if i'm spending $40 on my meal I expect a certain level of service. I got this cottage through groupon so it was well worth the $$ I would go back to this place & I'm kind of picky! oh and they allow dogs which for me is make or break.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisa H
Steilacoom, Washington
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I got a groupon otherwise the rates for small lodge rooms are astounding!! You can get a small cottage to yourself elsewhere on the island in off-season for maybe $20 more than the cost of a room here. Wish I had done more research before purchasing a groupon. Not very romantic and oh yes, you're not even that close to the Sound.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank brittany w
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Spent two nights in the Orchard Cabin. It was very clean and had lots of room. The hot tub on the back deck was a nice bonus and the kitchen was just big enough for us to cook ourselves dinner one night. The included breakfast included was nothing special but we bought some food in town which suited us better.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Shoreline, Washington
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My partner and I stayed in one of the cabins which allowed us to bring our two four legged girls. The private hot tub as well as the fireplace were huge plusses for us. Breakfast was quaint with items placed for us in a picnic basket and cold items in our little refrigerator. We also took advantage of the onsite restaurant which we enjoyed but felt was a little overpriced. We never met our hosts, they trusted us to come and go as we pleased by placing our room key in a bag in the office ready for us to pick up. Although I did like the relaxed nature of the check in procedure a little personal interaction might have been nice. The grounds probably could have been a little more manicured but I assumed our hosts like to maintain a more natural experience. All in all we had a great stay and would definitely recommend Deer Harbor Inn.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My two children (ages 10 and 9) and I enjoyed a memorable two night stay in a very quaint and well appointed Deer Harbor Inn cottage (#2). Our hosts were there but not there. We frankly saw more of their adorable cats than we did of them. Breakfast was provided in a cute picnic hamper. We watched some great classic dvd's when it rained and enjoyed some magnificent hikes when it cleared up.
How to improve...perhaps open their fine restaurant more frequently than only on the weekends...although we do appreciate the realities of island demand here.
All in all a wonderful stay. Thanks Carpenters!
ps...take your swimming gear for the cottage exclusive Jacuzzi's on the back deck. Beautiful setting
for a tub and a (plastic) glass of wine

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
#1 of 2 in Lopez Island
Tucker House Inn
Tucker House Inn
#4 of 10 in Friday Harbor

Been to Deer Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!