“So much was wrong I don't know where to start..”

FairBridge Inn & Suites Dupont
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Dupont
Olympia, Washington
“So much was wrong I don't know where to start..”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Thank goodness we only stayed for 1 night. We booked the family suite and it was outdated, smelled of a horrible musty odor.. the walls were dirty.. The bed linens were thin and clearly need to be replaced. They offer a laundry room but only had one washer and dryer working.. The others had "out of order signs" on them. Even the couch in the the room had a hole in it. The business center was a joke.. I needed to print something and it took me about 30min. The front desk staff were friendly but I did notice them sitting in the breakfast area watching tv allot. We did not stay for breakfast.. Overall this place is a joke!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Tiffany0700

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
DuPont, Washington, United States
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We have stayed at the Dupont Guesthouse numerous times in the past. We frequently check in when our children come with their families. It gives all of us some privacy and access to a swimming pool and hot tub. This New Years, neither the pool nor the hot tub were heated. We were very, very disappointed!

The pillows were blocks of foam rubber and the beds were a little soft. We requested softer pillows and that helped relieve the stress on our necks and backs.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Catherine J

Travellers are raving about these Dupont hotels

Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 6 December 2012

the good news... I only stayed 1 night

the bad... the place is old, smells bad. Room is spacious, bathroom not so much so. The linens on the bed and the towels are about as cheap/thin as you can get. The free breakfast was adequate.

The internet went in and out the whole visit. Tough to get any work done.

The finishing touch was upon checkout they had added a fee ($1.50 + tax) for having a safe in the room. When I complained I hadn't used the safe they took it off.... I wonder how many people never notice

Won't be staying here again... not worth being close to work

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank fabdog
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 4 December 2012

The so-called indoor "heated" swimming pool advertised in various websites pertaining to this location is a down right false! The swimming pool, overall, hasn't been available to any of the guest for most of 2012. Access to the enter the swimming pool area, even to just swim in the cold water, was not possible at all. We asked the front desk clerks repeatedly why this was the case and all we received was the typical song-and-dance misinformation by Guest House Inn & Suites in DuPont.

I find it apprehensive and truly unprofessional management didn't have the decency to be honest and straight forward with its guests on this issue. If you're not going to invest in repairing the heating system of your swimming pool, be honest and tell this to your guests. Do not advertise you have an indoor heated swimming pool that is accessible to people when it's not. I know for a fact the swimming pool problem as been an ongoing issue since April 2012. The reason I know this is because my wife's church held a Women's Retreat back in April at this location. All the women were highly disappointed about the swimming pool not being available because of the heating system. They heard the exact same thing my family and I heard in november (Thanksgiving time) about the swimming pool's heating system. I am very disappointed with Guest House Inn & Suites on this issue. My family who came all the way from Texas for the long Thanksgiving break experienced NOTHING from the hotel's indoor "heated" swimming pool. If your guests are going to fulfill their part in paying their lodging bill when its due, shouldn't Guest House Inn & Suites fulfill its part in providing their guests what is being advertised?

I addressed my complaint and concerns to Chassidy Naputo, the front office supervisor at the Guest House Inn & Suites in DuPont when we checked out, and I've heard nothing back at all. Perhaps maybe I might hear something from the Regional General Manager since I contacted the corporate headquartes after three weeks of being ignored by the management of the Guest House Inn & Suites in DuPont.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Polypolite
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Stayed at this hotel recently, and first thing I noticed was that the staff was hard to find. Noone was at the front desk for what seemed to be an extended period of time. The rooms are acceptable (old) but they were clean with no foul odors noted. The location of the hotel was good. Gas station seemed very close and convenient, local good restauraunts, and very convenient to interstate. The breakfast was ok, and the gym was acceptable. They do charge a $1.50 daily rate for a room safe, whether you use it or not!!!

I was not traveling with my pet, but as a plus, they do accept pets.

Room Tip: Would choose if you need to stay for a night and are traveling with your pet.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank izzy706
El Pa
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Close to JBLM, near lots of restaurants and shopping ...The hotel however smelled very much like BO and was unpleasant to walk into. Was looking forward to swimming in the pool however it wasn't heated or the heater was broken and there was no notice of that. Will not be staying here again.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank J K
New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed 11 September 2012

The biggest reason my husband, daughter and I decided to stay here for a somewhat extended stay was because of the low pet fee of $25. I was told, specifically, $25 when I called to make the reservation and specifically $25 when I checked in. When we got into our room it was very sub par. Holes in the couch, no mattress skirt on the box springs, pen marks on the comforter, rotting food in a tupperware container in the fridge and a bag of fries in the freezer. But we decided to stick it out mostly because of the pet fee. Upon check out, however, we realized that the fee is in fact $25 PER DAY. Which adds up quick and is a HUGE difference when you are staying somewhere for an extended stay. All the front desk girl said was "Oh, they didn't tell you that?" Which, obviously, is not helpful or satisfactory. Now that we are living in Dupont, I will not recommend any friends or family ever stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Sara P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dupont
Best Western Liberty Inn DuPont
Hampton Inn and Suites DuPont
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tacoma Dupont
Home2 Suites by Hilton DuPont
Americas Best Value Inn Seattle / Tacoma near JBLM Base
Best Western Plus Lacey Inn & Suites

Been to FairBridge Inn & Suites Dupont? Share your experiences!