“Great staff, poor maintenance”

FairBridge Inn & Suites Dupont
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Dupont
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We stayed here for 2+ weeks. They accept pets! The office staff is very friendly. They made us feel right at home for our extended stay. Courtney was excpetional, very friendly and up beat inspite of the challenges. Seems they face complaints daily about maintenance problems that are not their fault. Seems management does not want to do regular maintenance and repairs. Building is not that old, but we could tell the regular maintenance isn't being done. Maintenance guy, Dan? was friendly too, but frustrated that he couldn't the parts to make the every day sort of repairs. Small drip in kitchen sink, no pool heater, no lawn mower parts, laundry room has half the washers and dryers working. There was no reason for these problems, they were at least 1/2 booked every night, weekends they were pretty much full! Afternoon staff was very friendly and made us feel like we were home. Sorry, ladies, don't recall your names. And the cookies always put a smile on our face. Staff gets 6 stars, building gets 2. I hope they can work it out with managment and or ownership because it's a very nice area.

Room Tip: If you need a kitchenette, ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jerry B
GlenH709, Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites Dupont, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Thank you so much for your review! There is now new management and many things will be changing, but we will still have the same great team! I am so happy to hear your feedback, and we are working on these issues! However, if you would like to email us with more details or things you noticed may need change, please send me an email at amy.ghdupont@gmail.com

Thanks again!

Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

So I was privileged enough to stay in this fine Hotel for 3 months. I'll start with the Location. Perfect location. You have all sorts of restaurants to select from. Whatever your pallet is craving you'll be able to satisfy it with restaurants like Farrelli's and Macnamara's to name a few. If your going to be here a while and want to work out, the hotel it's self has a more than adequate workout facility, but if your like me and want to take it up a level or two you can sign up at Anytime Fitness which is a hop, skip and a Jump away for a simple fee. Again I cannot express how great this location is from everything. I worked at Fort Lewis and it was a 5 minute drive away. Only downfall would be the lack of a true grocery store. I mean the chevron was good for last minute items like water, beer and condoms everything a single guy needs but I gotta eat too right? The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast. You can make yourself some Chicken and Waffles, they have boiled eggs, sausage an assortment of breakfast pastries bear claws, Danishes and different types of Bagels. The coffee rivals "Starbucks"or Bikini Barista. The rooms are something to write home about. Depending on your stay you have 3 types of rooms to chose from. You have the "One night stand" room which has a hot tub in it that would make any woman cream herself and give it up where she normally would be prudish and not. You have the "weekly stay" room. Enough room to run around. Comes with a Microwave and top of the line 32 in HDTV 1080P great for gaming. Then you have your "extended stay" room. Pretty much like the "weekly stay." You have a big living room with a pull out couch for that woman who doesn't want to put out but she doesn't want to leave also. Then you got the Queen size bed with that pillow top mattress that makes you feel like your sleeping on a cloud. Now for the best part. When you first walk into the Guesthouse hotel you are greeted by either the lovely Erica or Tyra. You would have to do a double take like I did, where I walked in saw them both walked out and walked back, just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Well they will take care you right away. I walked in and was sleeping like a baby in my room within 5 minutes. Whatever I had a problem with,which was nothing in fact I made up problems just to talk to these lovely ladies, they took care of. If you were having a bad day it was easily turned around by these two with a simple "Hi" and smile. The rooms get cleaned on a daily basis. I was fortunately blessed to have my room cleaned by the very fun, outgoing and curvaceous Courtney. She would clean my room in a timely manner. She would go above and beyond her duty as a house cleaner to make sure I was satisfied with the results of her work. I have no complaints and would recommend this place to everyone who will be in the DuPont area and in need of a place to stay. I didn't feel like a guest there i felt like Family because that's what it is like when you stay there from 1 night to 3 months. Thank you Tyra, Erica and Courtney for making my stay in Washington a memorable one.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Pbwulf

Wow! I am so happy to have read your review, the girls will be absolutely pleased to hear such nice things. We have really been blessed with a great team! & We look forward to your next stay. Keep in touch!

Reviewed 23 March 2013

Arrived late in the evening, yet Erica greeted us with a smile. She was wonderful to help find extra coat hangers and to make certain the room met all needs. Place is clean and quiet. One disappointment: the hot tub was out of order, as was the pool...and that hot tub was high on my list for post-business hours! Pleasant complimentary breakfast. Putting in an auto expresso machine would be a great upgrade to the coffee. Watch the final bill - they will charge for use of the room safe unless you contest it (of course, this is when you do not USE the safe!). However, they were quick to respond to my call about the error days after getting home. I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay upstairs - it sounded like a stomp fest took place as the upper room's guest prepared for h...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Paper thin walls and horrible bed and bedding. Very old hotel badly in need of an update. Same price as far nicer hotels in the area= rip off. Service friendly but my room wasn't cleaned for three days because I had the "do not disturb" sign out... Only until 1015am. I don't usually write reviews but this hotel was so bad I wanted to warn other travelers. Read the justifiably better reviews for other hotels and go stay there instead of the Dupont guest inn.

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank KayBoston
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Thank goodness we only stayed for 1 night. We booked the family suite and it was outdated, smelled of a horrible musty odor.. the walls were dirty.. The bed linens were thin and clearly need to be replaced. They offer a laundry room but only had one washer and dryer working.. The others had "out of order signs" on them. Even the couch in the the room had a hole in it. The business center was a joke.. I needed to print something and it took me about 30min. The front desk staff were friendly but I did notice them sitting in the breakfast area watching tv allot. We did not stay for breakfast.. Overall this place is a joke!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Tiffany0700
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We have stayed at the Dupont Guesthouse numerous times in the past. We frequently check in when our children come with their families. It gives all of us some privacy and access to a swimming pool and hot tub. This New Years, neither the pool nor the hot tub were heated. We were very, very disappointed!

The pillows were blocks of foam rubber and the beds were a little soft. We requested softer pillows and that helped relieve the stress on our necks and backs.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Catherine J
Reviewed 6 December 2012

the good news... I only stayed 1 night

the bad... the place is old, smells bad. Room is spacious, bathroom not so much so. The linens on the bed and the towels are about as cheap/thin as you can get. The free breakfast was adequate.

The internet went in and out the whole visit. Tough to get any work done.

The finishing touch was upon checkout they had added a fee ($1.50 + tax) for having a safe in the room. When I complained I hadn't used the safe they took it off.... I wonder how many people never notice

Won't be staying here again... not worth being close to work

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank fabdog
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dupont
Hampton Inn and Suites DuPont
Best Western Liberty Inn DuPont
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tacoma Dupont
Home2 Suites by Hilton DuPont
Silver Cloud Inn Tacoma - Waterfront
Days Inn Lakewood South Tacoma

Been to FairBridge Inn & Suites Dupont? Share your experiences!