“The owners and staff should be embarrassed of this hotel”

FairBridge Inn & Suites Dupont
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Dupont
“The owners and staff should be embarrassed of this hotel”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We decided to stay at this hotel, instead of one that was just a few minutes down the highway, that got much better reviews, because we have usually had good luck with GH. We got there late, and before booking the room, my wife asked if there was a pool, because our daughter enjoys swimming. The guy at the front desk said yes, there is a pool and hot tub. After giving him our credit card, and as soon as we got the room key cards, he informed us that the hot tub was broken, the pool was unheated, and that it closes at 10pm (it was 9:50 when we checked in)

Once we got to our room, that smelled like dog, we noticed the toilet had black streaks in it. The kind of streaks that show up after not being cleaned for weeks or months. There was blue goo running down the wall of the bathroom, and the grout in between the tiles was chipping and missing in areas.

It was late and we were tired, so we got our daughter and ourselves to bed, on some of the worst old mattresses I have ever stayed on, in any hotel.

When we woke up, we noticed a larger stain on the mattress and box spring of one of the beds. It's looked like a dog had used it for a bathroom or something.

We decided it was time to go, but wanted some coffee first. We went to make some coffee with the in room coffee, but there was no coffee maker. Why would you supply coffee but no coffee maker?

When we told the person at the front desk in the morning, she said she was sorry, and took a whopping $6 off the bill. Seriously, paying $102 instead of $108 does not really make up for it.
I will never stay in another GuestHouse again ever.
As soon as I can get a number for the corporate customer service I will let them know too.

• Stayed July 2013
6 Thank Dannywk
GlenH709, Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites Dupont, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Dannywk,

On behalf of Guesthouse DuPont, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay at our hotel on 7/10/13.

We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. To prove to you that we take every complaint seriously, Please contact me at 253-912-8900 or karla.ghdupont@gmail.com.

We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit. Please contact me.

Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dupont, Washington
Reviewed 29 June 2013

First off, I had to stay at this hotel because we could not find another hotel available or which was nearby Fort Lewis WA which I could afford for my entire family of 5. I am a non-smoker and have 3 family members whom have health concerns with smoke.
We also stayed at this hotel because they advertise heated indoor pool and hot tub and the generalized breakfast. And as I stated earlier, have to have a smoke free hotel.
Now for my few positives and many complaints.
positives are:
Food for breakfast is generalized and nothing special but fresh, if you are expecting more than this, then go out to eat.
Only two staff members seemed to actually care about anything and the ones who did, were awesome.
The parking lot was adequate including the space for our 2 SUVs and boat trailer.
There are a lot of resteraunts (sp) nearby and very close to highway.
Now for my whole reason for this complaint and low rating.
The pool has obviously been broken for a while, and being we have lodged here now 5 days and will be here 5 more, I don't see that getting repaired any time soon along with the hot tub. And repeated guests have now stated its been broken for months and they were told to tell people that its not a heated pool when in fact it is broken.
The work out room also has 3 of four broken machines.
Most of the hotel staff minus (cortney), when approached about the smoke in the lobby don't seem to care. Instead of making people move away from the front door, they just shut the doors.
figuring that the smoke in the building will miraculously disappear.
The hotel never seems to have enough towels.

To end this, if you are looking for a extremely nice hotel, don't bother with this hotel. Most of its amenities don't work. And when I asked about the owner or manager and reported the problems, I was told "except for the elevator, stuff doesn't get repaired cause we are not the priority hotel".
If you don't have a family and don't plan of anything fun at the hotel, you will be fine.
I would ask for a complete refund accept there are no other hotels available which fit my budget with the health concerns.

There is a large amount of false advertisement going on here.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Hotel T
Dear Hotel T,

On behalf of Guesthouse DuPont, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay at our hotel on 6/29/13.

We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. To prove to you that we take every complaint seriously, please contact me at (253) 912-8900.

Thank you.

Travellers are raving about these Dupont hotels

Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The staff was very friendly and the area is great with everything one will need. The rooms were pleasant. I would recommend to anyone that this is a great hotel to stay at and I look foward to going back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
GlenH709, General Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites Dupont, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Thank you for your review! It was a pleasure having you at our hotel and we can't wait for you to return!
Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 weeks and absolutely love the location just everything about this place. Usually any place by a military base is usually not the place to be, let alone stay. But they are located in a great area, with a few restaurants within walking distance. As soon as you walk in your greated by wonderful staff. They do all they can to make sure that your stay is more than what you expected. They are the only pet friendly hotel in DuPont. My son absolutely loved the fact that they have gold fish and a big pool that he couldn't stay out of. Erica made the best cookies, even though I was suppose to be on a diet I could help but to indulge in the chocolate cookies! My room was very clean and spacious! The housekeepers are very friendly and always did there job to perfection. Courtney was very helpful and made me feel at home. I honestly can't complain about anything it was just a great stay. I had a chance to meet the manager during my stay and she is exceptional. She has made many changes. I will be coming back here in a few months! Please have the cookies ready Erica. You are all awesome. Thank you for making my son and I feel at home. :)

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank ItsMe253
GlenH709, General Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites Dupont, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Thank you so much for your review! It is so delightful to hear such great things about our property and our team. We look forward to your return, and will make sure the cookies are out as soon as you walk in the door! ;)
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I stayed here for a month while working at JBLM. The location is perfect with a variety of restaurants, a convenience store and a Starbucks all within walking distance. JBLM is less than five minutes from this hotel.
The hotel may be a little behind the times with the tube-style TV and VCR, new management is already making changes, but that was not a problem for me. The Wi-Fi was surprisingly fast and the room was very clean and spacious. The Staff is really the greatest part of this hotel. They are absolutely the best in the business! From the moment I walked in, Courtney made me feel very welcome by joking with me and clearing up my reservation issue all with her captivating smile. She was also the housekeeper for my floor. I couldn’t believe it. My room was always spotless when she left. Courtney even took the time to straighten up everything I left on the countertop. Somebody needs to give her a raise! She really is exceptional! The staff would always go above and beyond to ensure you were taken care of. The guests are their top priority and it shows. They could always cheer you up no matter how bad your day went. These ladies always made me feel right where I belonged. It hurt to leave. Thanks again Tyra, Erica, Yvonne, Ashley, and especially Courtney! I will definitely be back… Si Yu'us ma'åse'

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Mr_Clean15
GlenH709, General Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites Dupont, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Thank you so much for your review, we sincerely appreciate your feedback. I posted your review for all of our team to see and it put a huge smile on their faces. I am so very proud of them, and am so happy that your experiences have reflected that. We hope you come back to visit someday!
Tualatin
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

It was late, we were tired so we pulled off I-5 at DuPont, Washington. We only had to drive 1/2 mile before we located the GuestHouse International Inn & Suites. This is where the expectation began to rise. The GuestHouse was nicely situated on the wooded corner of a small shopping area. First impressions are important and ours were good. They continued to rise as I entered the lobby ans was greeted by a friendly and lovely young lady. She explained the rates the transaction was made and we were on our way to room #327 which she assured me would be quiet and easily accessible by elevator. A welcome amenity for my tired legs. As we entered the room our expectations moved another rung higher. It was spacious, well appointed and clean enough that I would not have hesitated to walk the carpet in my stocking feet (I didn't because I had packed my slippers in our overnight bag). It was at this point that the expectations leveled off and began a gradual but steady descent. The "promised" wifi was not working and this was disappointing. I had hoped to catch up on my emails and some light web browsing. That was not to be and never would be with the non-connectivity situation (my devices were working fine and this was demonstrated nicely at the pleasant restrurant a short walk from the hotel/motel). When we returned to the hotel I mentioned the recalcitrant wifi to the young lady at the desk and she said this had happened before. We never did get connected but we did survive the ordeal. The next morning the descent continued. The promised continental breakfast must have been on another continent although the warmed up sausages were rather tasty and the coffee was warm. I reluctantly give the entire experience 3 points out of 5. With just a few adjustments this could be raised to high 4 but there I go with the expectation thing again. Dennis

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Dennis A
Gilbert, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We stayed here for 2+ weeks. They accept pets! The office staff is very friendly. They made us feel right at home for our extended stay. Courtney was excpetional, very friendly and up beat inspite of the challenges. Seems they face complaints daily about maintenance problems that are not their fault. Seems management does not want to do regular maintenance and repairs. Building is not that old, but we could tell the regular maintenance isn't being done. Maintenance guy, Dan? was friendly too, but frustrated that he couldn't the parts to make the every day sort of repairs. Small drip in kitchen sink, no pool heater, no lawn mower parts, laundry room has half the washers and dryers working. There was no reason for these problems, they were at least 1/2 booked every night, weekends they were pretty much full! Afternoon staff was very friendly and made us feel like we were home. Sorry, ladies, don't recall your names. And the cookies always put a smile on our face. Staff gets 6 stars, building gets 2. I hope they can work it out with managment and or ownership because it's a very nice area.

Room Tip: If you need a kitchenette, ask to see the room first.