We decided to stay at this hotel, instead of one that was just a few minutes down the highway, that got much better reviews, because we have usually had good luck with GH. We got there late, and before booking the room, my wife asked if there was a pool, because our daughter enjoys swimming. The guy at the front desk said yes, there is a pool and hot tub. After giving him our credit card, and as soon as we got the room key cards, he informed us that the hot tub was broken, the pool was unheated, and that it closes at 10pm (it was 9:50 when we checked in)
Once we got to our room, that smelled like dog, we noticed the toilet had black streaks in it. The kind of streaks that show up after not being cleaned for weeks or months. There was blue goo running down the wall of the bathroom, and the grout in between the tiles was chipping and missing in areas.
It was late and we were tired, so we got our daughter and ourselves to bed, on some of the worst old mattresses I have ever stayed on, in any hotel.
When we woke up, we noticed a larger stain on the mattress and box spring of one of the beds. It's looked like a dog had used it for a bathroom or something.
We decided it was time to go, but wanted some coffee first. We went to make some coffee with the in room coffee, but there was no coffee maker. Why would you supply coffee but no coffee maker?
When we told the person at the front desk in the morning, she said she was sorry, and took a whopping $6 off the bill. Seriously, paying $102 instead of $108 does not really make up for it.
I will never stay in another GuestHouse again ever.
As soon as I can get a number for the corporate customer service I will let them know too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy true northwest hospitality. Located within minutes of Interstate 5 Highway near joint base Ft. Lewis and McChord AFB ( JBLM), within minutes of Tacoma or Lacey/ Olympia area. Guest accommodations are spacious, comfortable and clean. Rooms feature flat screen televisions, refrigerator and microwaves, comfortable beds and luxury bedding. WIFI is provided on a complimentary basis, breakfast is also free each morning The indoor pool, hot tub, exercise room all provide a chance to relax, walking trails are nearby. Excellent dining is available within walking distance as well as shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your FairBridge Inn & Suites Dupont reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guesthouse Inn & Suites Dupont Hotel Dupont
- Guesthouse Inn And Suites Dupont