“Disgusting”

FairBridge Inn & Suites Dupont
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Dupont
Reviewed 7 August 2013

At one point it was decent, now it's filthy. Floors in bathroom not cleaned, furniture and beds stained, dirt and random filth all over the walls. Not worth the cost at all. Better off spending a little extra money to stay at one of the other 2 hotels in DuPont.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Sassy E
GlenH709, Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites Dupont, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Sassy E

On behalf of Guesthouse Dupont , please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay at our hote on 8/7/13.

We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. To prove to you that we take every complaint seriously, Please contact me at karla.ghdupont@gmail.com or (253) 912-8900.

We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit. Please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Stayed here for the weekend and made the reservations here for the pool & Jacuzzi - Got there - Pool not heated and Jacuzzi not working - Front desk said it had been that way for a year... Yet it says nothing on their web site.

Breakfast had all the fixings but only if you like no plates or bowls - burnt sausage, weird juices (orange dispenser gave out clumps and then water - but even after stirring I could not get them to combine for orange juice).

Staff was friendly but had to be asked to be helpful - Like do you have bowls and plates for the breakfast and she puts out just enough for you - so if the next person wants them she has to go back out and put up another one...

Room was a nothing special - Television was far below standards - Water heat fluctuated hot and cold.

Overall - not worth the $103.00 per night - I would put it in the class of Motel 6 and they should be charging around $59.00 per night... That would be a fair price for this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room at different hotel is my best advice - This is a classic motel 6 charging double Motel...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank uwdawgfan91

Dear uwdawgfan91,

On behalf of Guesthouse DuPont, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay at our hotel on 7/31/13.

We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. To prove to you that we take every complaint seriously, Please contact me at (253)912-8900 or karla.ghdupont@gmail.com.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I had a one night stop over and thought I would give this hotel a try. I had some new appliances In the back of my pickup that I was delivering. I asked the person if i could get a ground floor room. she said she had one but it did not get cleaned. I use to work in the hotel business and I thought that was unusual to not clean all the rooms. oh well, maybe they where short staffed. I then asked the person at the front desk if I could get a room facing the parking lot so I can keep an eye on my truck. She ( and her friend who I do not know if she worked there or not) said they did not know which rooms faced the parking lot. Hmmmm the front desk person does not know where rooms are located... she even said she had never been in a room. I ask if she could ask someone else to find out. She said she was the only one there ( as her friend or coworker stared at me) and she could not look for me. So I looked at the rooms down the hall and noticed the even numbers faced the parking lot. A very basic deduction. I again asked if she could get me an even numbered room. She stated she already booked me into an odd number room and it would be a big problem for " her" to change the room at this point. Apparently she did not understand I was the one forking over the money. At that point I gave up.

I am sure the person will be a fine employee some day.....assuming she gets some training. If the manager happens to read this....TRAIN YOUR STAFF. ..or else Trip Advisor travelers will move on down the road.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank tom s

Dear Tom 5,

On behalf of Guesthouse Dupont, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay at our hotel on 7/30/13.

We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. To prove to you that we take every complaint seriously, please contact me at karla.ghdupont@gmail.com or (253) 912-8900.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Unfortunately I have to agree with the most recent negative reviews about this place. We only stayed here because the other two hotels in DuPont were full. This place is really not very nice. My wife was not happy with me, but I kept telling her I didn't have a choice! Fortunately we were able to move to Hampton Inn for our second night. She is speaking to me again. My advice - only stay here if you have to.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank MikeandHeidi392

Dear mikeandheidi392,

On behalf of Guesthouse Inn DuPont, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay at our hotel on 7/19/13.

We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit. Please to contact me

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Made reservations 2 days in advance via Priceline. Arrived on time and was told , we have never heard of you. Showed the confirmation- sorry. Thought I had a problem with Priceline unitl the next couple was told the same thing and they went through Expedia. Desk clerk had only been on the job a week and her manager was not accepting calls from anyone including her.

Latter found out this chain commonly overbooks.

their nice lobby won't see me again

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank 4thHussar

Dear 4thHusser,

On behalf of Guesthouse DuPont, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay at our hotel on 7/15/13.

We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit. Please contact me.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

We decided to stay at this hotel, instead of one that was just a few minutes down the highway, that got much better reviews, because we have usually had good luck with GH. We got there late, and before booking the room, my wife asked if there was a pool, because our daughter enjoys swimming. The guy at the front desk said yes, there is a pool and hot tub. After giving him our credit card, and as soon as we got the room key cards, he informed us that the hot tub was broken, the pool was unheated, and that it closes at 10pm (it was 9:50 when we checked in)

Once we got to our room, that smelled like dog, we noticed the toilet had black streaks in it. The kind of streaks that show up after not being cleaned for weeks or months. There was blue goo running down the wall of the bathroom, and the grout in between the tiles was chipping and missing in areas.

It was late and we were tired, so we got our daughter and ourselves to bed, on some of the worst old mattresses I have ever stayed on, in any hotel.

When we woke up, we noticed a larger stain on the mattress and box spring of one of the beds. It's looked like a dog had used it for a bathroom or something.

We decided it was time to go, but wanted some coffee first. We went to make some coffee with the in room coffee, but there was no coffee maker. Why would you supply coffee but no coffee maker?

When we told the person at the front desk in the morning, she said she was sorry, and took a whopping $6 off the bill. Seriously, paying $102 instead of $108 does not really make up for it.
I will never stay in another GuestHouse again ever.
As soon as I can get a number for the corporate customer service I will let them know too.

• Stayed: July 2013
6  Thank Dannywk

Dear Dannywk,

On behalf of Guesthouse DuPont, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay at our hotel on 7/10/13.

We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. To prove to you that we take every complaint seriously, Please contact me at 253-912-8900 or karla.ghdupont@gmail.com.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

First off, I had to stay at this hotel because we could not find another hotel available or which was nearby Fort Lewis WA which I could afford for my entire family of 5. I am a non-smoker and have 3 family members whom have health concerns with smoke.
We also stayed at this hotel because they advertise heated indoor pool and hot tub and the generalized breakfast. And as I stated earlier, have to have a smoke free hotel.
Now for my few positives and many complaints.
positives are:
Food for breakfast is generalized and nothing special but fresh, if you are expecting more than this, then go out to eat.
Only two staff members seemed to actually care about anything and the ones who did, were awesome.
The parking lot was adequate including the space for our 2 SUVs and boat trailer.
There are a lot of resteraunts (sp) nearby and very close to highway.
Now for my whole reason for this complaint and low rating.
The pool has obviously been broken for a while, and being we have lodged here now 5 days and will be here 5 more, I don't see that getting repaired any time soon along with the hot tub. And repeated guests have now stated its been broken for months and they were told to tell people that its not a heated pool when in fact it is broken.
The work out room also has 3 of four broken machines.
Most of the hotel staff minus (cortney), when approached about the smoke in the lobby don't seem to care. Instead of making people move away from the front door, they just shut the doors.
figuring that the smoke in the building will miraculously disappear.
The hotel never seems to have enough towels.

To end this, if you are looking for a extremely nice hotel, don't bother with this hotel. Most of its amenities don't work. And when I asked about the owner or manager and reported the problems, I was told "except for the elevator, stuff doesn't get repaired cause we are not the priority hotel".
If you don't have a family and don't plan of anything fun at the hotel, you will be fine.
I would ask for a complete refund accept there are no other hotels available which fit my budget with the health concerns.

There is a large amount of false advertisement going on here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Hotel T

Dear Hotel T,

On behalf of Guesthouse DuPont, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay at our hotel on 6/29/13.

We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. To prove to you that we take every complaint seriously, please contact me at (253) 912-8900.

Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dupont
Hampton Inn and Suites DuPont
Best Western Liberty Inn DuPont
1 mi away
Home2 Suites by Hilton DuPont
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tacoma Dupont
Days Inn Lacey Olympia Area

Been to FairBridge Inn & Suites Dupont? Share your experiences!