“Simple, Clean, and Comfortable”
Review of Cedars Inn Hotel

Cedars Inn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in East Wenatchee
Reviewed 18 August 2013

First thing you need to know about me - I'm not a nit-picker and I'm easy to please.

The Cedars Inn Hotel is a decent place. For the most part, I would consider it an average place to stay for the price. There are some aspects that are very good and a few minor points that dip below average.

Okay, first the best parts! The staff seems friendly and helpful - no issues there at all. The swimming pool and hot tub are very nice. The beds are excellent - very comfortable!

The average.....the breakfast (maybe a tick below average), the decor, the rooms, the general "vibe and feel" of the establishment. You get the sense they could spend a few dollars on spiffing things up a bit. The room bathrooms are right out of the 80's. No big deal at all for me, but I think the ladies might like just a bit more.

Not so good.....I saw a lot of dirty carpet in the common areas as well as small amounts of garbage (papers, wrappers, etc) that probably should get picked up on a regular basis, but isn't.

Okay, so the bottom line for me is this: If you're the kind of traveler who's not fussy and picky (or a neat freak), then you'll be perfectly happy here. I felt the value, overall, was reasonable. If you have kids along for the ride, you will be pleased with the pool and hot tub.

I would stay here again, but I wouldn't go out of my way to do so.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank OneBadCowboy
Sara Eva B, General Manager at Cedars Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Dear OneBadCowboy,
Thank you for your detailed review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay at the Cedars Inn, we appreciate your feedback.
Glad to hear that the staff was friendly and helpful, we certainly strive to excel in delivering exceptional customer service to all of our guests. As far as the rooms, we are currently in the process of upgrading our rooms. I did share your review with our maintenance department regarding the other issues.
Overall I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you would return back to the Cedars Inn. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future.

Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We returned to Cedars Inn for another stay and we still got the same great service as we are use to there.
The breakfast was great and our room was very clean with no complaints.
There was a mix up with part of the reservation but the manager was very quick to get things changed and we couldn't have complained for the good service. We will continue to recommend this place to others. We were here to visit a sick relative, so was nice to have such a good experience.

Room Tip: Downstairs is good for disabled people such as myself because we can park right outside our door.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bailee2012

Dear Bailee2012,
First of all, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Cedars Inn, on Trip Advisor.
I am certainly happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and for your repeated business. I may also agree with you about breakfast, we do provide a wide variety of different choices (hot & cold) for our guests.
Thank you, we definitely appreciate the recommendation to your friends and family, and are very pleased that you had such a good experience with us.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I stayed there 4 days and had a wonderful stay. The room was very clean and comfortable. I usually have trouble with beds but here it was very comfortable and I got good sleep. Being next to the highway I was worried about noise but the room was very quiet. The staff were friendly and very helpful. One thing I did like was the option of having service--sheets change, etc--which I think more hotels should offer. I also felt it was a good location and close to the developed walk along the Columbia River. I would recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mickey M

Dear Mickey M,
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor regarding the Cedars Inn. Your comments sure put smiles on all of our faces. It definitely raises our spirits that we are in fact doing a wonderful job. We hope to see you again, on your next trip to the Valley. We appreciate and value your business!
Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay.

Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

My wife, me and a couple of friends were on a motorcycle ride over the north cascade hwy. I had booked a couple of rooms at this hotel. First they switched our reservations with our friends, which turned out to be no big deal. But the air conditioner didn't work. We had to go down and get a couple of fans. Second the clerk told us that they could move us to another room, but that someone had taken a shower in that room and they needed to clean it. We chose to stay in our original room, but noticed that the shower and bathroom hadn't been cleaned.
We requested two non smoking rooms and our friends room smelt of smoke. Over a very poor experience and I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear JeffSerrano,
First and foremost I would like to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor, regarding your stay with us at the Cedars Inn.
Second, I would like to sincerely apologize to you regarding your stay with us. I am very sorry that there was a confusion with your reservation when you arrived. I shared your review with our front desk, and housekeeping staff regarding what had occurred. Your feedback is very important to us, for it helps us to ensure that situations like this are handled in a different and correct manner.
I hope that you would give us another opportunity to provide you with exceptional service and accommodations. I would also like the opportunity to speak to you regarding your stay.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Well this is actually my third stay at this location. Other than the location is pretty messed up with the twisty off ramps going everywhere the rooms and staff are great. They baked cookies after I arrived, and I don't think they did this for me but there is a 7-11 right across the street. Great for the last minute Slurpee attack!

To sum it up it's a great place to call it a day. Price is good rooms are generally clean, nice pool for kids and although the breakfast is pretty lacking it is still something to eat on the way out.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep in, don't get a 1st floor room with the sliding door. Too many big trucks a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tizmyn

Dear Tizmyn,
Thank you so much for sharing your hotel experience at the Cedars Inn on Trip Advisor.
Yes, the cookies were for you and all of our guests that stay with us. We bake cookies, every evening at 7 p.m. (peanut butter, chocolate chip cookies, & a cup of cold milk a must) Yum! I would also like to take the opportunity to thank you, for your repeated business. We hope to see you again and again in the future. We appreciate and value your business, thank you.
Once again thank you for your time and your helpful advice regarding the room tips.
Until next time

Reviewed 12 July 2013

we have been to cedars inn many times, for where its at you get great service
breakfast, pool ect. plus they are pet friendly you couldn't ask for a better place at that price
rooms are clean and comfortable. remember this is not the Hilton and it should not try to be
thanks for the great service we are staying there this weekend as well.
7-12-13

Room Tip: I like the bottom floors so we can go for a quick walk around the neighbor hood I the mornings plus...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank madmanroywa
Sara Eva B, General Manager at Cedars Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear Madmanroywa,
First of all, I want to thank you for being a loyal guest of ours. We certainly appreciate and value your business. Thank you for posting a review about your stay with us on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is very important to all of us.
Again, thank you! We look forward to seeing you again.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at the Cedars Inn, having switched over from another hotel. I'm finding that my good experiences at Cedars Inn is consistent. Again, clean rooms, nice staff, great location, etc. I find that I don't need a car when I stay here. Wenatchee is in the process of developing an incredibly bike/walking path system, and it goes directly to the hotel. That part is complete! So my husband & I walked over the river, rented bikes, and we were off. We could get anywhere we wanted to go on the bikes and/or by walking. I love this! And the hotel staff made sure our bikes were secure over night. There are also lots of good places to eat nearby, and even a place to get a good massage - right down the street. Across the street, and just a short distance down the road (a very easy walk) is the mall. This is not a luxury hotel, so if that's what you're looking for, this isn't it. This is a nice, basic, clean hotel w/ a friendly, helpful staff. If this is the kind of hotel you're looking for, I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I love the 3rd floor over-looking the river. But if you don't like traffic noise, sitting on th...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear DiAlaska,
Thank you for taking the time to comment your hotel experience at the Cedars Inn on Trip Advisor.
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and shared this with our whole staff here at the Cedars Inn. It’s always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests.
Thank you again for sharing your hotel experience, and we hope to see you on your next visit to the Valley.

Kind regards,

La Quinta Inn & Suites Wenatchee
Best Western Chieftain Inn
Best Western Chieftain Inn
#4 of 15 in Wenatchee

Been to Cedars Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!