Stayed at Rosario for only night as part of a girl-friend getaway and can only agree with other reviewers on the beauty of the place and the great service. I wanted to specifically comment on the food though. Before leaving for the trip I had read some of the negative reviews on this site with regards to the restaurant. I understand that the ownership has recently changed, so I was hoping for the better, but was still a bit concerned. I am a "foodie" so a bad dinner can really ruin my overall experience. Even after arriving at the Rosario we were still debating if we should cancel our reservation and try out a place in town. I'm glad we didn't. Both of us had seafood dishes (salmon and seabass) and they were absolutely delicous, followed by the brownie soufflee with ice-cream, which was to die for. All of this served by an attentive and lovely waiter (Andon). There really wasn't anything more we could have asked for.
As for the continental breakfast, well, it's sufficient if you want something quick. We didn't have that much time and following the recommendation of my massage therapist (thanks Michael!) we headed straight up the mountain to take in the stunning view. It was worth it. We then had a second breakfast at the hotel overlooking the ferry terminal. I think Rosario should consider offering a full breakfast. It might draw in non-guests as well - if it's good!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic waterfront resort located on Orcas Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Rosario Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosario Hotel Eastsound
- Rosario Island
- Rosario Resort Eastsound
- Rosario Resort Orcas Island
- Rosario Resort And Spa Orcas Island/Eastsound, Washington