All reviews bay view suite east wing leaf restaurant orcas island bayview suite heated towel rack gas fireplace shared bath sunken living room shops and restaurants jacuzzi tub east sound sitting area perfect location bay window within walking distance main building
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

This is a long review.........Cute Inn! Excellent restaurant! BUT, what they don’t tell you on their website or in their confirmation emails.....1) this Inn is on a VERY busy street - traffic is heavy and noisy! 2) this Inn is in the beginning stages of new construction on a building across the street. If you have reserved a Bay View Suite (like I did) you will see and hear construction noises from 8am - 5pm daily 3) this Inn is in the Flight path for the airport. Planes are VERY noisy and fly over the Inn all day and into the evening hours. So, be forewarned!

I reserved a Bay View Suite for two nights. Reservations were made in May and confirmed over the phone and via email they sent to me on September 15th, which provided ample opportunity to inform me about the construction. We checked out after one night due to all the noise and went to a different place to stay. I was so angry that I wasn’t told about the construction and felt this fact should have been included on their website OR within their confirmation emails prior to arrival. Icing on this cake was to find out about the street and airplane noise too, which all became unacceptable for a quiet vacation and to be able to sleep in and relax. At the very least, this Inn should be informing their guests and graciously offering a room discount based on this construction instead of a sign at the front desk that you may (or may not) see upon check in, and a pillow card offering ear plugs and a white noise machine! Not what I expected on my vacation!

We discovered our compounded mistake in choosing this Inn 3 hours after checking in. It was early evening yesterday (Sunday) and we had been on a long journey to get to Orcas Island. I couldn’t imagine changing hotels at 7:30pm. I spent my evening on the phone trying to secure a different place to stay - no other nice hotel or inn was answering their reservation line. From exhaustion, we stayed one night only knowing we needed to find another place to stay for the quiet we were seeking. Sure enough, construction started at 8am this morning and woke both of us up!

The Inn did provide a room discount - only when I demanded one. In addition, they offered a restaurant discount and offered to help find another place for us to stay.

I was released from my reservation for the 2nd night and told that “they never penalize for early check-out.” Really? That’s what you say??? This should not have happened!

Oh, one more thing.....there were small blood stains at the top fold down part on the top sheet (for which I have pictures)! When I discovered it, it was after 10pm last night. Too late to do anything about other than strip the bed. Upon check-out, I informed the person at the front desk, showed pictures and Breakfast was comped as a result. We couldn’t get out of there fast enough! And, we’ll not ever recommend it! Come on, Outlook Inn - get your act together!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SoCalGirl100
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Breakfast was great on our way out of town. Wished they had regular hash browns but the coffee and biscuits and gravy were outstanding! Service was wonderful and we would definitely recommend to try it out.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2018

We booked 3 rooms in main house, and knew they would be small with shared bath. We didn't expect there to be little to no common space downstairs to hang out. It was cool and we enquired about Heat. It took 3 inquiries for a portable heater to be offered ( our wall heater was not working). Good breakfast, though.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2018

We were in room 57, a small suite and it was the best. The view from our room was absolutely gorgeous. They have lotion, shampoo, soap, etc. made for them and it is wonderful. I bought for myself and gifts -- wish I'd bought more!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2018

Such a lovely Inn at the perfect in town location on Orcas Island. We stayed in one of the budget rooms in the Main Building with the shared bathrooms and never saw another guest in the hallway. The Inn is beautiful, with very friendly staff, plenty of amenities and a wonderful on sight restaurant, We took advantage on the parking, the lovely back garden, and the Adirondack chairs with a perfect sunset view.

Date of stay: August 2018