All reviews bay view suite east wing orcas island leaf restaurant bayview suite gas fireplace heated towel rack shared bath sunken living room east sound jacuzzi tub sitting area perfect location bay window main building large bathroom comfortable bed
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Outlook Inn is such a wonderful place. The staff are very accommodating and very nice. The room was clean and neat and the view was amazing. It is conveniently located by cute shops and restaurants! I would love to come back again!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Spent the weekend on Orcas at the Outlook Inn. This was our first visit to the island and I would be happy to go back and stay again. The hotel staff was very friendly and gave us many points of interest in town for shopping or eating.
Rooms are a bit dated and the shower could use a refresh but they are still comfortable and clean.
We stayed in one of the bay view rooms and it was most enjoyable to wake too and watch the sun go down over the water. The grounds are peaceful and there is a great spot to sit and read or watch the boats.
The only down side I felt was being located in the flight path.

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

This is a long review.........Cute Inn! Excellent restaurant! BUT, what they don’t tell you on their website or in their confirmation emails.....1) this Inn is on a VERY busy street - traffic is heavy and noisy! 2) this Inn is in the beginning stages of new construction on a building across the street. If you have reserved a Bay View Suite (like I did) you will see and hear construction noises from 8am - 5pm daily 3) this Inn is in the Flight path for the airport. Planes are VERY noisy and fly over the Inn all day and into the evening hours. So, be forewarned!

I reserved a Bay View Suite for two nights. Reservations were made in May and confirmed over the phone and via email they sent to me on September 15th, which provided ample opportunity to inform me about the construction. We checked out after one night due to all the noise and went to a different place to stay. I was so angry that I wasn’t told about the construction and felt this fact should have been included on their website OR within their confirmation emails prior to arrival. Icing on this cake was to find out about the street and airplane noise too, which all became unacceptable for a quiet vacation and to be able to sleep in and relax. At the very least, this Inn should be informing their guests and graciously offering a room discount based on this construction instead of a sign at the front desk that you may (or may not) see upon check in, and a pillow card offering ear plugs and a white noise machine! Not what I expected on my vacation!

We discovered our compounded mistake in choosing this Inn 3 hours after checking in. It was early evening yesterday (Sunday) and we had been on a long journey to get to Orcas Island. I couldn’t imagine changing hotels at 7:30pm. I spent my evening on the phone trying to secure a different place to stay - no other nice hotel or inn was answering their reservation line. From exhaustion, we stayed one night only knowing we needed to find another place to stay for the quiet we were seeking. Sure enough, construction started at 8am this morning and woke both of us up!

The Inn did provide a room discount - only when I demanded one. In addition, they offered a restaurant discount and offered to help find another place for us to stay.

I was released from my reservation for the 2nd night and told that “they never penalize for early check-out.” Really? That’s what you say??? This should not have happened!

Oh, one more thing.....there were small blood stains at the top fold down part on the top sheet (for which I have pictures)! When I discovered it, it was after 10pm last night. Too late to do anything about other than strip the bed. Upon check-out, I informed the person at the front desk, showed pictures and Breakfast was comped as a result. We couldn’t get out of there fast enough! And, we’ll not ever recommend it! Come on, Outlook Inn - get your act together!!

1  Thank SoCalGirl100
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Breakfast was great on our way out of town. Wished they had regular hash browns but the coffee and biscuits and gravy were outstanding! Service was wonderful and we would definitely recommend to try it out.

Reviewed 22 September 2018

We booked 3 rooms in main house, and knew they would be small with shared bath. We didn't expect there to be little to no common space downstairs to hang out. It was cool and we enquired about Heat. It took 3 inquiries for a portable heater to be offered ( our wall heater was not working). Good breakfast, though.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family