“Magical, peaceful, healing - highly recommend!”
other travellers have booked this property
Main Living Room ceiling and skylight (futon not there anymore) Kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Magical Forest House
Main Living Room ceiling and skylight (futon not there anymore)
Kitchen
Between Tubroom/Kitchen
Tubroom
Skylight
Bathroom
Tower
Tower Stairs
Extra bed or couch nook on the second story of tower
reading, meditation, hang out in second story of tower
Bedroom skylight
looking down from the second story tower Deck
From the large deck looking back at Tower
Exterior at twilight
Night time at Hobbit land
Spectacular Sunset in Eastsound
Parking and neighborhood shot--very private and woodsy
Community Beach down the street
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Sonali K
Chicago, Illinois
“Magical, peaceful, healing - highly recommend!”
Reviewed 15 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

I honestly am at a loss of words at how to begin my review for this truly magical place. Suzanne was wonderful to work with leading up to our anniversary trip. She didn't miss a single detail in making us feel welcome and making sure our stay was as perfect and as comfortable as it could be.

The home is stunning as are the views. There are no curtains so you are surrounded by trees and beautiful views of the patios and the tower. I was woken up each morning by the sunrise and I was on the patio each evening watching the sunset.

I had a very rough few weeks leading up to our trip, and I can honestly say that staying here healed me emotionally, mentally, and physically. When, not if, I return to Washington I will be taking the ferry directly to Orcas Island and staying at this amazing home. There is no place in the world like it.

Notes:
Main bedroom/area - there are no curtains so if you aren't an early riser Suzanne has provided a eye mask to wear so you aren't awoken.
Bathroom - there is no curtain, and you can see the main road which means anyone driving past could possibly see you so beware.
Tub - the tub was interesting, but you get used to it.
Kitchen - a lovely and small kitchen. Suzanne had it perfectly stocked with everything you would need to create any type of meal.
Movies/Games - I loved that she had a selection of movies and games. We were so enchanted by our surroundings that we cooked almost all of our meals and just enjoyed the views each day.

I could write so much more and post a million more photos, but I feel it's best to see for yourself and create your own experience. I promise, you won't be disappointed!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peacefulness of the location and the property and all it had to offer
Liked least: The bugs, but I understand it's nature
cmillns
Brighton, Michigan
“Amazing and Relaxing place to stay”
Reviewed 13 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

The Hobbit House was a pleasant place to stay. Such detail is taken in welcoming you upon arrival. Loved all the attention to detail in the house. If you are looking for a quiet and relaxing place to stay this is it. The decks are beautiful with lots of beautiful flowers and a cute little hummingbird that visited us everyday. The view is beautiful as well. Would definitely stay here again.

Travelling group: Friends
Ryan L
“Majestic and Tranquil”
Reviewed 3 July 2015 for a stay in April 2015

If you are looking for A magical place to unwind and relax, look no further! I spent Easter weekend here, and I had such a great visit. The owners were so nice and I had to give her a hug on the way out for sharing this beautiful place.

I was able to relax and play my guitar(s) while unwinding from busy Seattle life. I work in the mattress business and I have to say their mattress was nice and cozy!!

I would rate this place 10 stars if I could, and I will definitely be back!!!!!

the_kegma...
Huntington Beach
“Fantastic Adventure on Orcas Island”
Reviewed 30 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

The Hobbit House was truly an experience to be remembered. The craftsmanship, ornate details, and amenities lived up to everything we could have asked for. It was located on the northern most point of Orcas Island about 5 miles from East Sound. It was remote enough that you could immerse yourself in the tranquility of nature yet was only a short drive back into town for food and activities. There were dozens of deer all around the island and we saw several groups at night off the balcony. In the morning, the sun rose on our faces as we sat on the balcony facing east. The vaulted ceiling with skylight was amazing. All of the doors were designed in a fashion to look like a hobbit house. From the outside, you might think it slightly resembled an Ewok Village. We absolutely loved our stay having breakfast outside and BBQing at night. The place was very tidy and well kept after. I even enjoyed having Netflix available to settle down to a movie at night.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The large windows and vaulted ceiling letting in nature
Liked least: The bathtub could have been more of a jacuzzi and less of a shower
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
TheSpeis
San Diego, California
“The Best Vacation Rental Ever- Period”
Reviewed 9 June 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

I booked Hobbit House as a surprise for my wife on our anniversary vacation. To us it was much more of an Ewok Village than a Hobbit House. Since a visit to Sequoia National Park it has been my wife's fantasy to live in Ewok Village, so when I saw this on TripAdvisor I knew she would love it. The house is much more amazing than in the pictures. The many skylights & windows really gave the place a brightness & great views in every direction. When we arrived we watched a bald eagle circling out over the sound. We are very active on our vacations & don't spend too much time relaxing, but this place was so cool that we actually wanted to stay in for a day. We spent most of a rainy day up in the tower playing boardgames and enjoying the view. The kitchen was well equipped. The Japanese soaking tub did take a little getting used to. The booking was very easy & helpful, especially for those not familiar with the Washington State Ferry system. The Hobbit House was worth every penny, the only drawback is that it was very hard to leave it to return to reality!

Liked best: The amazing house
Liked least: Had to drag my wife away kicking & screaming at the end of our stay
Emily W
“A wonderful Getaway”
Reviewed 29 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Our stay was magical. If you're thinking about it- do it and you won't be sorry. Not only is the house itself fun and relaxing, but the surrounding area is incredibly quiet and peaceful. The breathtaking view of Mt Baker at sunset was the best icing on the cake for us.

Directions were great, Suzanne was easy to contact and quick to respond. Loved the fully functional kitchen with all the supplies and utensils you need to prepare just about anything.

So happy we found this place and I would recommend it to anyone!

Liked best: The unique house
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
jennyt135
Edmonds, Washington
“You can't help but feel creative & peaceful here!”
Reviewed 23 March 2015 for a stay in July 2014

As other reviewers have said, I was struck by the attention to detail..in every nook and cranny you can see special touches.....and can feel the love that has been poured into this special house. Suzanne was easy to reach, gave great directions and instructions ahead of time, and really put special effort into making me feel like it was MY home during my stay. Break away from the beautiful house long enough to check out the private beach. I missed two ferries going home, because I couldn't tear myself away from the place.

Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing