“Great day on the water - Engagement celebration!”

North Shore Charters
Ranked #4 of 10 Tours in Eastsound
More attraction details
Owner description: Charter Fishing for Salmon Halibut and Cod in the San Juan Islands of Washington state. Departures from Orcas Island Lopez and San Juan Island from Friday Harbor or Roche Harbor Half Day and Full Days available. We can accommodate groups of any size.
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We had 6 in our group for a day of salmon fishing with North Shore Charters, and had a great time on the water with Captain Jake! He was very knowledgeable on where to go and what to do and he made sure that we all had a great time and caught some fish. We showed interest in seeing the whales if they were nearby and he made sure we were able to get a good look at them, without taking too much time away from fishing, it was perfect! He was very helpful with everything, and he also allowed the more experienced fishermen in our group to do more and set their own hook, while helping the less experienced fishermen more, which we really appreciated! All of us highly recommend booking with North Shore Charters and Captain Jake.

1  Thank arouns0810
"orcas"
in 9 reviews
"board"

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Marty (North Shore Charters) took myself and two sons out on August 6 for a full day salmon fishing trip. We had a wonderful day of fishing, sight seeing and conversation with Marty. We were very impressed with his knowledge of the islands and, even more so, of the fishing. He was very patient answering all the questions fired off by my older son, an obsessive fisherman! We caught 10 very nice sized pink salmon. We criss-crossed the sound and we seemed to find fish each place we stopped. I still have no idea how he knows where the salmon are headed or how he is able to spot them so easily. I guess this is where experience pays off. We stayed out longer than we expected and Marty cleaned and filleted the fish when we finished. He gave us advise all along the way. We've been on a number of charter fishing trips in the U.S. and the experience we had with Marty was up there with the best. We would highly recommend his services to anyone. Thanks, Marty!

1  Thank dupal62
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Got a hold of Marty two months ahead of time before my trip to Deer Harbor. He was always beeting around the bush on a set time. Seems like he was tring to get me to book an expensive 600.00 charter trip. I was only looking to get on to a boat with a party of four or six. Mailed him numberous times leading up to my trip and he never responded. Hes not the best trip out there hes the only one. It was good carma though because the King Salmon I found out in that area is no god and i would have waisted my time and money.

Martygan99, Owner at North Shore Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

My apologies Darrel, My intent is not to be evasive. Durning the spring and summer we get a very high volume of booking inquiries. I do my best to keep up with them, while offering a personalized service to each charter. We have a 4 person minimum for each trip. Often times I am scrambling to find to find availability to get 1 person out with another group and wont make contact until I have a guaranteed opening. As far as the size of the fish, it does vary. The smallest fish boated last season was less than a pound while the largest was 128 lbs.
Sincerely
Capt Marty

Reviewed 22 September 2011

Captain Marty knows all the best fishing and crabbing holes. We spent a great day on the water and we all caught our limit of salmon. We also saw sea lions, seals, and orca whales. No need to bring a thing, he has all the gear, beverages, food and snacks. And...Marty gives great tips on how to smoke your salmon! We are definitely booking again for next year.

1  Thank WashingtonGirl98245
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Marty Mead with North Shore Charters took us out for an incredible fishing trip on May 20th, 2011. We were celebrating the one-year anniversary of my little brother's life-saving liver transplant . . . and the trip couldn't have been more perfect. Marty's skill and expertise in all things fishing coupled with his vast knowledge of the San Juans paid off big time as my little brother caught a 120 pound Halibut that was as tall as he is (about six feet). A year after nearly "sleeping with the fishes" himself, Sam caught the fish of a lifetime. Marty was incredible as he walked Sam through the process of reeling in this giant of the deep. Having never caught anything larger than a brook trout, Sam soaked in every detail of Marty's instruction as he successfully landed his life-time-supply of fish tacos :). We highly recommend North Shore Charters to fishermen of all ages (our 5 month old baby girl came with us:), sexes (my wife and her friend had a great time), and experience (several of us had little to know experience). Thanks, Marty!

1  Thank David-Hass