“Pretty decent tavrrn with average burgers”
Review of Lower Tavern

Lower Tavern
Ranked #6 of 40 Restaurants in Eastsound
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We'd been spoiled by the burgers in our home town, so these were nothing to write home about. Tap beer selection was good and fries were great. Friendly enough service made it an okay stop but not outstanding.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Good beers on tap and by the bottle. The sweet potato fries and their burgers are really good. Would have loved gluten free options (someone in our party was allergic to gluten). Salad was good but amount of chicken was skimpy and dressings are standard and blah unfortunately. A hummus platter would be a good addition to the menu. After spending a great time kayaking (Spring Bay kayaking in Olga), the food was satisfying for our hungry crowd.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Just like the name says, this is a tavern. Decent beer and grub, decent service all at a decent price.

1  Thank Sequim125
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Service was slow, but we came in late to eat dinner. Food was good, we had the special chicken burger, Rueben, and chicken wings.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I got the southwest burger with onion rings. The burger was pretty good, the meat was a little overcooked and dry, next time I will ask if I can order it medium. The onion rings were ok, I've had better. We did get an appetizer - the loaded fries and those were really good.

Whenever we are on Orcas island looking for a burger and a beer, this is where we come, and we will keep coming due to the atmosphere and it's proximity. There is a new place in Eastsound though called The Whitehorse Pub that we may have to try next time. We got Bloody Mary's at that pub and they were ok, I'd say average at best. The tavern only serves beer and wine.

The last time we were here I remember the burger being amazing, so I'm not sure what the difference was, could have just been my level of hunger. Regardless, we will be back. If I had my choice I would eat Teejays Tacos everyday, but they are only open certain days. The only other place that is as good or better would be the Orcas Hotel Cafe, but they are not as friendly and welcoming as the tavern. Service is great!