“Some people live to eat...”
Review of Tee-Jay's Tacos - CLOSED

Tee-Jay's Tacos
Price range: US$3 - US$13
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Spanish, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Description: Tee Jay's Tacos is a local eatery on Madrona Point, Orcas Island, Washington. TJ's operates out of the Odd Fellows kitchen on Thursday, Friday and Saturday from noon until 6:30 pm from October until May and Thursday and Friday from May until September. We are at the Orcas Island Farmer's Market on Saturday's during these months. The Odd Fellows kitchen is an open kitchen, so our atmosphere is very casual. In good weather we offer outside dining on Fishing Bay with a great view. TJ's has a simple menu built around Tacos, Burritos,Enchiladas and Quesadillas. Our offerings include: beef, poultry, pork, fish and vegetables. The menu is the same from open until close and we have chips & salsa and rice & beans daily. Our appetizers, salads, soups and desserts are seasonal and vary, as well as our weekly specials which have an Asian, near eastern or Indian flair. Be on the lookout for our street sign which says TACOS in big letters.
“Some people live to eat...”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Whether it is sizzling Carne Asada, deliriously yummy pork,  sensioius chicken or the flattering flounder Fish Tacos you are in for a treat.

Usually there are folks from all stokes dining there. We saw a family from El Savador munching taco plates, a local Electrical contractor and his helper having the Wally plate, retired folks enjoying the Carne Asada plate, and the local rental shop gal having the famed Towering taco salad. No place like it in Eastsound!!!

Eastsound, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I'm a California native and Mexican food addict who worships this place.”
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Wow, I am so happy this place exists. I wish it was busier in the winter on this island, because then I would know Tee-Jay's will hopefully always be there... or at least as long as the owners Tim and John wanna keep making their amazing Mexican food.

Last week my wife and I ate there 3 days in a row because A) we couldn't believe how good it was, B) I'm deprived of a decent burrito on this island and had to make up for lost time and C) There were a bunch of things I had to try on the menu..

They have THEE most amazing home-made salsas (3 or 4 rojos and 2 or 3 verde & white sauces) ever.
I thank all that is Holy, that this place exists.

• Visited January 2012
“Great food, great fun and wet burritos....”
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Eastsound can be known for expensive restauranting but TJ's tacos (et al) are a great destination. Fresh chips and salsa greet you as you peruse the menu. The chefs are happy, chatty and take their Sonoran food seriously. Try the tortilla soup, fish taco, yummy pork anything or the treat of a towering taco salad. Sopas are fresh made as is pico de gallo.

1 Thank OrcasIsEater
Seattle
“Check Out This Chicken Taco!”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Best tacos ever! Comes with freshly made tortilla chips and homemade salsa. Fresh ingredients and definitely delicious.

• Visited December 2011
Bellingham, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Tacos in San Juan County”
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Tee Jay's is off the beaten path, but their food is fantastic. You have to walk (or drive) up a
little lane to a large club house. They have a lot of options and if the weather is right,
you can sit overlooking the sound - beautiful.
The food was fresh and delicious, well priced. The alcohol is byob, but they have real Mexican Coke, which is different.
I got three tacos, and my girlfriend got a house burrito. Including the cokes, our total
tab was under 20 bucks. I totally recommend it for those who want some real Sonoran
style food. (Oh, watch the hours... they are only open Th, Fr, Sat)

• Visited September 2011