“Don't let the location fool you!”
Review of Tee-Jay's Tacos - CLOSED

Tee-Jay's Tacos
Price range: US$3 - US$13
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican, Fusion
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Tee Jay's Tacos is a local eatery on Madrona Point, Orcas Island, Washington. TJ's operates out of the Odd Fellows kitchen on Thursday, Friday and Saturday from noon until 6:30 pm from October until May and Thursday and Friday from May until September. We are at the Orcas Island Farmer's Market on Saturday's during these months. The Odd Fellows kitchen is an open kitchen, so our atmosphere is very casual. In good weather we offer outside dining on Fishing Bay with a great view. TJ's has a simple menu built around Tacos, Burritos,Enchiladas and Quesadillas. Our offerings include: beef, poultry, pork, fish and vegetables. The menu is the same from open until close and we have chips & salsa and rice & beans daily. Our appetizers, salads, soups and desserts are seasonal and vary, as well as our weekly specials which have an Asian, near eastern or Indian flair. Be on the lookout for our street sign which says TACOS in big letters.
Reviewed 13 March 2014

In addition to our home in Eastsound, we have a home in San Diego Ca, the Mexican food Capitol of the U.S. We always look forward to getting back to Orcas and Tee Jays tacos. So good that I go thru withdrawal on Sunday thru Wednesday. Yes it's in the basement of the Odd Fellows Hall, there's no waiter service and every order is made when you order it. Fresh, delicious and the cheapest food on the island. Kid and family friendly.

2  Thank Dave E

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Atmosphere...not happening! Service...poor! They don't greet you or even acknowledge you. We almost just left. Didn't feel welcome at all. In fact one of the customers gave us the low down on menu/ordering. They might want to work on that. I enjoyed my tacos. They were very good. They didn't get my husbands order as he wanted. We ordered it to go so didn't go back. Portions and price were good. Would definitely go back!

208TimB208, Owner at Tee-Jay's Tacos, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Tee-Jay's says: Thanks for your review. Sorry about the service. Sometimes we are crowded and
our system doesn't include table waiters. Flatware, napkins, water, salsa, etc are self serve.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

The one good thing about the food we got at this place is the fish; it wasn't cooked to death. But the salsa, cheese and tortillas were very average quality. The beans and rice were close to inedible. Mexican cuisine is a favorite of mine, and I can't recommend Tee-Jay's on taste alone. Can't comment on the location since my husband went there and got takeout for us, but he said the proprietor was a character.

1  Thank Marginwalker

Although we appreciate all the feedback we receive through TripAdvisor, we can only speculate whether or not this food came from Tee-Jay's or not since the reviewer never came in for food and trusted her husband to get the right food from the right restaurant. We are open Thursdays and Fridays and we wonder when this food was bought, possibly at another place (?).
Our refried beans are house-made from scratch and our Mexican rice is an authentic recipe which we would put up against any other similar rice.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

A friend took me here a couple years ago for my first Fish Tacos - I was skeptical - Fish?? Tacos?? I'm a convert - I now try Fish Tacos where ever I go and so far none have topped Tee-Jays!
The salmon tacos are wonderful but the cod tacos are my favorite - seasoned perfectly and not dry!
Ignore the funky dining area - the food more than makes up for it. Always ask if they have the bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers - they run out quickly and they don't always have them, but when they do, they are soooooo worth it.
Make this part of your Orcas Experience - you won't regret it!

1  Thank Kathy W
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We never would have found this without Trip Advisor. We loved this out-of-the-way place frequented by locals. Delicious, simple mexican food for a great price.