“A Unique Part of America”
Review of Kingfish Inn

Kingfish Inn
Ranked #4 of 12 Eastsound B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 August 2012

For 25 years, our family has gone to Block Island off my home state of Rhode Island. We did it this year and loved it. But, we had read about the beauty of the San Juan Islands, off the coast of Washington State and bordering British Columbia.

My wife and I went sans children to the beautiful island of Orcas. It was wonderful as was the Kingfish Inn where we stayed. The room was a mini-suite and the view of the harbor below was spectacular. Each day they served a wonderful breakfast which is for the handful of people lucky enough to stay at the Inn.

At night, they have a fine but moderately priced restaurant that is open to the public. Interestingly, lots of locals seem to eat there which is always a good sign.

Orcas is a quiet place but if you need a rest and like hiking and natural beauty it is a fabulous spot and we strongly recommend The Kingfish Inn as a place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the Madrona suite when booking!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Kingfish Inn

Reviewed 12 August 2012

The Kingfish Inn was a perfect place to spend 3 days on the Island. Beautiful views, peaceful, wonderful breezes, our room was basic, clean and confortable. The Inn restaurant was superb, fresh... just wish we would have made it back in time from saling for one last dinner... the staff of the restaurant were so engaging -- always great to hear from the locals firsthand. Tom and Deb (Ohio) 7/2012

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I stayed the Kingfish Inn by myself while my husband and son were hiking in the wilderness. I love to check out country inns and B&Bs. This place is one of the best places I ever stayed. I would definitely come back with my husband next time.
The room was beautiful, spacious, clean and quiet. It was tastefully and ronatically decorated. It got a great view to the water and dock. The bed was very comfortable and I slept through the night like on my own bed.
The owners were very nice, friendly and attentive. They chat with me while I was having a dinner at the restaurant downstairs and made me feel very welcomed. It seemed other guests I met there were very happy too.
The West End Café was exceptional too. The chef does know how to bring up the flavor of each material. Every dish I had was delicious. The serving staffs were very cheerful and friendly too. It seemed people knew that too, as he place was full that evening.
I had a wonderful time and will definitely come back.

Room Tip: I peeked into the other rooms too while they were cleaned. All the rooms were beautifully decorated.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank naptrip
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I stayed in the lower room, Spruce. The room was very clean (except the bath exhaust fan cover was very dirty). The bed was comfortable. The breakfasts were good. I did not like having to get there at a certain time though, 8:30. The view was marginal. The power line did not help the view. The deck was nice, but there was no privacy. We heard people on the deck at the restaurant, and I am sure they heard us. The people staying in the rental house right in front of us spent some time in the backyard which is right next to our deck. These guests were also very loud late at night and early in the morning - yelling, leaving their diesel truck idling, etc. Their noise and the traffic noise did not make this a very nice place for me to stay. Because of the rental in front this place was not very private. The bathroom door does not latch and the toilet seat was loose, but other than that, the place was well maintained.

Room Tip: I don't know what the other rooms are like, but I would not stay in the Spruce again because of...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Boris W
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My husband and I just returned from a weekend at this beautiful spot for our anniversary. It would have been a fantastic place, and one could rate it that way based on the food alone at the West Sound Cafe, located in the first floor of the inn. We had room number 3 and our cute little fireplace didn't work. The cafe staff immediately summoned the owner who tried to fix it and failed. He was nice enough in his apologies, but we thought a complimentary bottle of wine would have been nice, it was our anniversary after all (and a rainy, cooler night). But no comp of any kind was offered. Then, we called about renting a movie and the customer service person said she'd get right back to us, and didn't. Then, the bed was so sprung and sunken in the middle we had to pull the foam topper onto the floor and sleep there our second night. The food was so fantastic though that it almost made up for it. To summarize, I might stay there again just for the food, and bring my own air mattress.

Room Tip: Ask how old the bed is and if the fireplace works. Do not stay in room #3 unless you know they'...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PaulaP51
Reviewed 10 November 2011

My husband and I escaped for a weekend to Orcas Island. The Kingfish Inn was a great discovery! Cozy, comfortable rooms and privacy overlooking the water. Extremely clean. The West Sound Cafe downstairs has fabulous food (we had one dinner and two breakfasts there). The location is close enough to Eastsound but far enough away. Very close to Deer Harbor and great hiking at Turtleback Mountain. The restaurant staff were all helpful with tips about local adventures.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Madrona (#3) and liked the location at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travellvr52
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Nice secluded place outside the main town but easy access to points of interest and ferry. Tasty meals in the downstairs restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastsound
Outlook Inn on Orcas Island
#3 of 12 in Eastsound
Rosario Resort and Spa
Rosario Resort and Spa
#2 of 5 in Eastsound

Been to Kingfish Inn? Share your experiences!