I planned on off-season weekend for my husband's birthday here in early March. The staff is very nice and helpful. I like that it does not feel like a "resort" as I know them (although I think most San Juan Island "resorts" should always be in quotes...they tend to be quaint, which is fine by me). The cabins are very clean, well-stocked for cooking, comfortable furniture, etc. We stayed in the smallest rustic cabin the first time, then booked a weekend with the in-laws in one of the larger and more deluxe cabins (i.e. more modern decoration, TV/boom-box with AUX plug-in, so I was happy I could play my i-pod). Was very happy with both! The negative reviews that knock the campsites etc....well, if the state park is full, I think this would be a great alternative. Although, for a campsite, Moran State Park or Doe Bay Resort would definitely be better. But when on the island, I'd be planning to spend my time canoeing, hiking, etc. so a place to lay my head in a tent would be all I would expect. So back off camping complainers! If you want a more hippy feel, go to Doe Bay Resort which is very cool. We would certainly stay again. They have possible plans to install a better hot tub area. I would give them a "5" if they do. The one they do have was out of order on our second trip out, and it's really just a small, house-sized hot tub with a wooden bench beside it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront and ocean view cottages on a prime walk-out sand/pebble beach. We face due west for spectacular sunsets. 5 minutes from Eastsound. An amazing family vacation destination in the summer; a romantic retreat in the winter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your West Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Beach Hotel Eastsound
- West Beach Eastsound
- West Beach Resort Orcas Island/Eastsound, Washington