“Sooooo good!!!”

Ranked #16 of 38 Restaurants in Eastsound
Cuisines: Pizza
“Sooooo good!!!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Farm to table upscaled. Never have i been to a "pizza place" that serves an amuse bouchée and has outstanding plates and salads. Oysters are to die for!!!

Portland, Oregon
“Loved it!!!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Very good pizza and salads. I recommend the kale salad. Even if you aren't a kale fan like me, it was really good. We loved the margarita pizza best. Pork pizza was okay. Service good except a big mixup in our salads and had to wait quite a while for the server to get a simple salad to our table. Lovely ambiance. Small so go early.

1 Thank BarefootBuddies
Vancouver, Canada
“Sketchy service, Decent Food”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

When we arrived at Hogstead there was a table set and available but the host/waiter quite obviously preferred that the two of us not sit at his last table for four. So instead he seated us along the counter that was a little too close for my comfort to the cash register where people came to order takeout. Within 10 minutes of our arrival three tables paid their bills and left so if the host/waiter had a better handle on things he should have known it was fine to seat us at a table.

He came to take our drink orders quickly. I hadn't decided but my husband ordered the local Red Imperial Ale. The waiter brought a Stout. Which turned out to be really good and so my husband didn't complain. We were also brought a bottle of water but no glasses (or napkins or cutlery for that matter)

The waiter then proceeded to forget about us. When he finally came back to finish our order he had taken a takeaway order of another couple who came in after us. When he realized what he had done he stated he would put ours in first. I closely watched him write everything and had to repeat several it times because he seemed so frazzled.

Our pizza came quickly and was definitely tasty. We had a smoked oyster mushroom with goat cheese and a smoked tomato with goat cheese and herbs as well. By the end of sharing the two with my husband the smokiness was a little overwhelming. We probably should have gone with the basic Margherita as our second. Our bill came to $45 for two pizzas, two stouts plus tip.

We continued to witness the poor service when it turned out the waiter forgot to put in the order of that couple who ordered takeaway just before us. They had been sitting out back having a drink and had been completely forgotten. When their order was finally put in it was incorrect so they had to wait longer. Understandably this couple was frustrated considering they were there nearly an hour waiting for takeaway.

Overall I think the food are tasty and the concept of farm to table is well executed though they do take themselves a little too seriously which comes off as pretentious. That being said if you are going to charge prices like this for pizza you need to have quality service to go along with it. Of course, it is possible they were just having a really off night. I would probably give the place one more try if we find ourselves back on Orcas again.

Commerce Township, Michigan
“Best pizza ever”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Small restaurant with limited seating, outdoor section seems a bit larger. Great care is given to preparation of the food. We ordered a salad and the smoked tomato pizza with goat cheese and it was wonderful. We also had the kale salad which was also excellent. Only thing a bit off-putting was the entrance to the restroom was in the actual dining room. I would definitely return.

1 Thank Archie10067
Seattle, Washington
“Farm to table pizza and salad”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Local fresh ingredients are used in pizza and salads. Wood fired pizza is tasty but not the very best I've had. Very enjoyable overall, nice casual setting. No reservations are taken so there may be a wait, go in off-times for best service.

Visited April 2014