“The locals agree”

Ranked #3 of 40 Restaurants in Eastsound
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We had an anniversary dinner here and found all the wonderful reviews to be completely accurate. I had scallops and my husband had the steak entree. Both were excellent and beautifully presented. The rabbit liver appetizer special was also excellent. The next day we were talking to a 21 year island resident at the Deer Harbor marina and he told us (without knowing we ate here the night before) that they have the best seafood on the island.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We had a very nice dinner experience here. We had reservations and arrived on time, but they were a little behind so we spent some time in the bar (which was fine with us). After a couple of drinks and a nice conversation with the bartender, we were seated for dinner. My friend had the pork, and I ordered the scallops. We could not have imagined better preparation and presentation. In a word, delicious. We saved some room for dessert (which we saw earlier in the bar), a cream cheese carrot cake. Again, delicious.

The entire staff was very friendly and attentive, making the entire experience even better. We would highly recommend, and we would definitely dine here again on our next visit to the island.

1  Thank Ed L
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Every course was innovative, appeared to use the freshest ingredients, and was just plain delicious. The wine list was complete with out being over-powering, and the prices were reasonable.

The view and ambiance if the weather permits sitting outside is just fantastic. We were lucky enough to have great weather and hence sat outside. It is like sitting in a painting while looking at another one.

We also ate at The New Leaf Cafe (located in the Outlook Inn). It was very good, but The Inn at Ship Bay just a little better in every way.

2  Thank Paul F
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This restaurant was recommended by a relative who lives and works on Orcas Island -- they claimed it was the best place on the Island for quality food, and after having dinner there recently with them and some friends, I believe they are probably right. I shared the raw oyster plate with another person in our group, and they were excellent. I then tried the King Salmon special, which was also perfectly prepared and very tasty. For dessert I finished with the lemon tart - again, made perfectly and delicious. All the other guests at our table of 5 provided similar comments on their meals.

Very advisable to make a reservation in advance -- I could only get an 8:15pm seating because I called in the morning of the same day I wanted the reservation. The table was ready when we arrived, and the service was excellent. The server spent a considerable amount of time making suggestions for one of our guests who had to have specific dishes prepared in a certain way because of allergies - and she made sure all the instructions were followed.

Restaurant - though high quality and fairly expensive ($50 per person) - does have families dining, so occasionally there would be children acting out or making noise - not really a bother for my group, but be aware that the atmosphere can be informal.

If you want high quality food and great service in an informal atmosphere on the Island, this is certainly a top place to go.

5  Thank AshesToProveIt
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was the best dining experience of my life. Bold statement, but well deserved. The menu is filled with local ingredients, from right on the island. Fresh, beautifully presented; the food was a work of art and delicious. Our waitress was pushing a sorbet that didn't sound great. We opted for something else and she brought that AND the wild rose sorbet that we did not order. She told us she couldn't let us go without trying it. The sorbet literally brought tears to my eyes it was so good. If they have it on the menu when you are there, DO NOT MISS IT. The meal, the wine, the dessert, the staff......everything was perfect. Don't miss this place. Stroll around the grounds and watch the sunset if you get the chance.

1  Thank mtntrash