“Treat yourself!”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Treat yourself!”
Reviewed 9 July 2009

I live on Orcas Island and finally treated myself to a massage at the Orcas Spa and Athletics and it was a wonderful experience! Beautiful facilities, top-notch staff and first-rate massage! I intend to go back often!

1 Thank DeerHarborJeremy

seattel, washington
“Spa pedicure- or overpriced train wreck?”
Reviewed 18 May 2009

Where to begin? I recieve a far more proffessional service in my own Seattle neighborhood for less than 1/3 the price.
The locker room reeked, the whole ancient (falling apart) athletic facility was being remodeled, which can only be a huge improvement. I would have expected some mention of that when I looked at the website, or when I called to schedule three spa pedicures for my mom and sister-in-law for Mothers Day 2009. We planned to use the pool, hot-tub, and sauna as part of our visit.
The hot tub was warm, surrounded by weeds and an ugly fence- don't be fooled by the website, as it only shows the "pretty" parts of the facility. The pool wasn't much better, and it sounded like a workmans drill was about to come through the wall of the sauna.
Then for the "spa pedicure"- the employee was nice. That is the best I can say. The work area was not sanitized after the previous service. The tub burned my feet (should I be grateful that she warned me it would?) while I sat in an elevated office chair. Only one leg got messaged- for about two minutes. Another employee came by to chat- during my private service. After several cell phone calls (at least they went unanswered) and listening to her bang around in the sink on the other side of a folding screen, I was able to relax. By leaving.
I'll spare you more of the same and let you imagine what the other two services were like.
PS- they did waive the $5 worth of towel rentals.

Seattle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Loved the Massage”
Reviewed 4 April 2005

I am a local on Orcas Island, I live and work at a resort on Orcas Island.
I have heard alot great things about Orcas Spa programs, facilities and massage treatments from guests as well as Orcas Island visitors that I thought I would get a massage and boy am I glad I did. All this time I could have enjoyed indoor swimming and a relaxing massage at Orcas Spa.
Live and learn. I started buying day spa passes and now I am member.
I had the best massage and even got tips on massage tecnics. Very helpful.

3 Thank Daun